Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maurizio92
It may be a stupid question, does National shares their fleet with Enterprise? Meaning if I have a booking with Enterprise I have access to these cars you mentioned? Sorry but I can't find any info on the Enterprise car fleet. Thank you.
Enterprise uses the same fleet, but you will not be allowed to choose from the aisles. Your vehicle assignment will be given to you by a rental agent. Expect to take what you book when using Enterprise.
ginmqi and Maurizio92 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
Enterprise uses the same fleet, but you will not be allowed to choose from the aisles. Your vehicle assignment will be given to you by a rental agent. Expect to take what you book when using Enterprise.
Plus, they are segregated facilities like Alamo....at LAX, for example, Enterprise is located in an entirely different location. Where they are neighbors, like ONT or FLL, I've had managers to to Enterprise and either take or swap a car with them and bring it to me to drive out, but I've never been sent over there to grab a car, I just can't imagine that happening.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond

This was at LAX today. I got a little excited cause the wife wants to buy one so I figured it would be perfect to drive for a few days. Not so fast.

Ended up in a 2019 Nissan Maxima SL with 300 miles. It’s pretty well equipped with full leather dash and car play leather seats. It’s nice and has quite a bit of power
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by cboy

This was at LAX today. I got a little excited cause the wife wants to buy one so I figured it would be perfect to drive for a few days. Not so fast.

Ended up in a 2019 Nissan Maxima SL with 300 miles. It’s pretty well equipped with full leather dash and car play leather seats. It’s nice and has quite a bit of power
Good lord! look at the orange peel in that paint! Remember when Mercedes was a quality brand? I once had an '85 Buick with better paint than that.

I can't tell from that angle whether that is the C-Class or the E-Class. I haven't ever rented an E, but have had 8 or 10 C's in the past few years and I have come away wholly unimpressed.
Way more hard surfaces than I would have expected, WAY more squeaks and rattles than I would have expected. The entertainment system is almost incomprehensible and largely useless for the amount of space it takes up, and whose idea was it to make the screen appear to be adjustable, but then have it *not* be adjustable? The only thing I found that it was really good at was reflecting the headlights of the car behind me into my eyes.

In short, I don't think I would buy one.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Good lord! look at the orange peel in that paint! Remember when Mercedes was a quality brand? I once had an '85 Buick with better paint than that.

I can't tell from that angle whether that is the C-Class or the E-Class. I haven't ever rented an E, but have had 8 or 10 C's in the past few years and I have come away wholly unimpressed.
Way more hard surfaces than I would have expected, WAY more squeaks and rattles than I would have expected. The entertainment system is almost incomprehensible and largely useless for the amount of space it takes up, and whose idea was it to make the screen appear to be adjustable, but then have it *not* be adjustable? The only thing I found that it was really good at was reflecting the headlights of the car behind me into my eyes.

In short, I don't think I would buy one.
it was a C class. C300 it looks nice from outside but you make it sound horrible inside lol. Will have to see what the wife thinks when we go test drive one I guess. If she fees the same way as you we can look elsewhere
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:42 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Ha. There’s one thing the maxima has up on the Benz then

at one point on my trip last week, the keys were in a coat I had on the backseat. I was leaving it in the car and using a lighter jacket and didn’t realize the keys were in the coat instead

I closed the door and pressed the lock button on the driver door handle and it beeped a couple times at me. That’s when I realized the keys were inside and I just got spared an ordeal!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:08 pm

Hello!
I got Emerald Club Executive Elite level with my Hilton Diamond card.
Plan to book a Premium car in LAX for a week for April 24.
From what aisles will I choose the car? EE same as if I book mid\full size or I will be upgrated to Lux car?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Vasiliy Fomin
Hello!
From what aisles will I choose the car? EE same as if I book mid\full size or I will be upgrated to Lux car?
The Hilton Ascend card gives complimentary EE status? Care to share more information about this?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Vasiliy Fomin
Hello!
I suspect you only have Executive Status - which means that regardless of Executive vs Executive Elite, a moot comparison in your case, you are only authorized to take an available car from either the Emerald Aisle or the Executive Aisle - taking a car from any other aisle or location is NOT authorized.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I suspect you only have Executive Status - which means that regardless of Executive vs Executive Elite, a moot comparison in your case, you are only authorized to take an available car from either the Emerald Aisle or the Executive Aisle - taking a car from any other aisle or location is NOT authorized.
Do EE have an additional aisle of cars to select from? (never used nat'l before, am Exec non-elite)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Do EE have an additional aisle of cars to select from? (never used nat'l before, am Exec non-elite)
No - Executive and Executive Elite take from the same section. The difference between the two tiers is the speed at which you earn credits for free days, not getting access to better cars.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Hi! Im picking up a full size SUV in March. What is the chances of being able to get a Ford Expedition Limited? Love the push button start and air cooled seats! Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent trip reports? Will be here tomorrow
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by kxc262
Any recent trip reports? Will be here tomorrow
Please report back! And if you don't mind check the Full Size/ Premium SUV area as you are driving to the exit gate. I would appreciate it!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Collin03
Please report back! And if you don't mind check the Full Size/ Premium SUV area as you are driving to the exit gate. I would appreciate it!
Pick up around 1am
I only saw one expedition in full size suv.

ES - Maxima Impala, Pacifica, Altima, Fusion .
EA - Elantra, Nissan Frontier

Bad selection.
​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.