Cars at LAX

Old Nov 20, 19, 1:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YVR_Flyer123 View Post
Anybody under 25 rent recently? Are they usually flexible or strictly follow policies (I think it's up to full-size and pickups)?

I'm under a contract which opens up luxury and convertibles but I don't want problems when I arrive; however, if the policies are firm I'll just reserve a full-size.

I got EE by the way through my credit card.
I would think it would depend on the nature of your contract. I was EE at 24 and had no issues picking up a wide variety of cars from the Executive aisle (Camaro SS, Yukon XL, Q50, QX60, etc.) but I believe that I have one of the better negotiated corporate contracts. I'd check the contract language, if available, to best determine if you'd run into any issues.
Old Nov 27, 19, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by missingcolours View Post
Different how? You can definitely book one ways from LAX, I've done it many times.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
Have you checked on their website? I imagine they would, unless they're sold out.

The 21st is the weekend before the holidays. They may not have one-way inventory available at this point.

-J.
Yeah I have checked their website and one way isn't allowed. But I can get one way from BUR. I guess that's because only one national car in LA?
Old Nov 28, 19, 2:43 am
Yub

Originally Posted by Keisuke Himuro View Post
Yeah I have checked their website and one way isn't allowed. But I can get one way from BUR. I guess that's because only one national car in LA?
I frequently rent one way from LAX to SNA frequently, so they do allow it.

What is your destination? Using nationalcar.com, I just tried booking one way LAX-SNA for 12/21 - 12/27, and it seems to work fine. I also tried LAX-LAS for the same dates and it also works.

Though not for National, I've run into a lot of problems when booking one way rentals through united.com, which is "powered by" rentalcars.com. One way searches will often show no availability, but checking on the rental car company's site shows availability. While united.com searches are limited to Hertz, Dollar, and Thrifty, I see that rentalcars.com also provides National Car brands and many others. There are probably many other travel booking sites that use rentalcars.com technology, and maybe have similar problems.

One unrelated tip I thought I would mention... One way rentals often have daily rates much higher than returning to the same location. It may be significantly less expensive to do the one way rental for one day, and have another reservation at the destination location where you pick up and return the car to the same location.

Last edited by Yub; Nov 28, 19 at 2:49 am
Old Nov 30, 19, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Yub View Post
I frequently rent one way from LAX to SNA frequently, so they do allow it.

What is your destination? Using nationalcar.com, I just tried booking one way LAX-SNA for 12/21 - 12/27, and it seems to work fine. I also tried LAX-LAS for the same dates and it also works.

Though not for National, I've run into a lot of problems when booking one way rentals through united.com, which is "powered by" rentalcars.com. One way searches will often show no availability, but checking on the rental car company's site shows availability. While united.com searches are limited to Hertz, Dollar, and Thrifty, I see that rentalcars.com also provides National Car brands and many others. There are probably many other travel booking sites that use rentalcars.com technology, and maybe have similar problems.

One unrelated tip I thought I would mention... One way rentals often have daily rates much higher than returning to the same location. It may be significantly less expensive to do the one way rental for one day, and have another reservation at the destination location where you pick up and return the car to the same location.
One way from LAX to LAS 12/21-12/22
Old Nov 30, 19, 8:38 pm
Yub

Originally Posted by Keisuke Himuro View Post
One way from LAX to LAS 12/21-12/22
I think I see what's happening...

I tried LAX->LAS one way, 12/21-12/22. If I'm logged in, I get several vehicle choices. If I log out and then try the same locations and dates. I get the message, "Error We’re sorry, but this location has no vehicles available during the selected dates and/or times. Please modify your dates and/or times or choose a different location."

Do you have Emerald Club membership? If not, you should sign up and see if that works. I have Executive Elite status, but I don't know if that really makes a difference.

Also, I know that some discount codes/account numbers and coupons can also result in the "no vehicles available" message. Are you using any specific codes or coupons?
Old Nov 30, 19, 9:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Silver, Natl EE, Avis PC, Greyhound RR
Originally Posted by Yub View Post
I think I see what's happening...

I tried LAX->LAS one way, 12/21-12/22. If I'm logged in, I get several vehicle choices. If I log out and then try the same locations and dates. I get the message, "Error We’re sorry, but this location has no vehicles available during the selected dates and/or times. Please modify your dates and/or times or choose a different location."

Do you have Emerald Club membership? If not, you should sign up and see if that works. I have Executive Elite status, but I don't know if that really makes a difference.

Also, I know that some discount codes/account numbers and coupons can also result in the "no vehicles available" message. Are you using any specific codes or coupons?
One of the benefits of Executive Elite is a guaranteed vehicle. Perhaps this is the case in this instance, and LAX is otherwise sold out for one-way rentals out of the location.

-J.
Old Dec 3, 19, 3:32 am

Have anyone been to this location recently? Was wondering under a luxury reservation, what vehicles they have available. Seeing other locations having Q3,Q5 , any chance they have it at LAX?
Many thanks!

Search this Thread