Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Michael Farese
I was picking up a car today and shot a quick video on my phone of what was in the Executive Aisles. I ended up taking the white with black Cherokee.

I can't post a URL as a new member, but if you go to YouTube, the video id is TAEbUhJjC-Y

youtu.be/TAEbUhJjC-Y
Thank you so much for the video! it really helps. That mini at the side looks like a fun car to drive.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Gold
Great video, thanks for making this!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:36 am

Just wanna check is it alright to do 2 reservations at the same day with 1 hour time difference? I plan to do a FCAR reservation say 11 am and a LCAR reservation at 12 noon. Trying out my luck at the EE first, say if i fins something nice over there, then i will cancel the LCAR reservation. Have anyone tried this before? Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dect002
Just wanna check is it alright to do 2 reservations at the same day with 1 hour time difference? I plan to do a FCAR reservation say 11 am and a LCAR reservation at 12 noon. Trying out my luck at the EE first, say if i fins something nice over there, then i will cancel the LCAR reservation. Have anyone tried this before? Thanks.
This is fine. Just show up to the lot and say you have LCAR, but you want to check out the aisle.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
This is fine. Just show up to the lot and say you have LCAR, but you want to check out the aisle.
Cool! keeping fingers cross that they will have an XTS on the lot.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would do the opposite - check the LCAR aisle first for something and get the key, then go and check the Aisle so you don't lose something in the LCAR area that matches what you want. If you find something great on the Aisle, give the LCAR key back and cancel the LCAR booking. If you don't mind some sprinting around, do a quick run through of the Aisle for any goodies parked there, then if nothing, sprint over to the LCAR area and find what you want and then get the key from the Emerald Booth if it's open when you arrive....then do a second sprint of the Aisle to be sure before making a final decision.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I would do the opposite - check the LCAR aisle first for something and get the key, then go and check the Aisle so you don't lose something in the LCAR area that matches what you want. If you find something great on the Aisle, give the LCAR key back and cancel the LCAR booking. If you don't mind some sprinting around, do a quick run through of the Aisle for any goodies parked there, then if nothing, sprint over to the LCAR area and find what you want and then get the key from the Emerald Booth if it's open when you arrive....then do a second sprint of the Aisle to be sure before making a final decision.
Great suggestion! Thanks! Yeah, i was hoping to get a nice car as my partner and i would be driving to vegas and san diego. The best car i saw parked at the luxury side was an Audi A6, too bad that time i was on a PCAR booking and the staff would not let me take that as they have a couple of LCAR booking that day. Anyone saw a benz C300 at this location before?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:59 am

Nice to see a thread with pretty regular updates - especially awesome to see a video Michael Farese - that looked like a good selection

I'll be heading there in a couple of months, landing on a Saturday afternoon (which I don't think is usually a good time) - if anyone's there on a Saturday would love to see a more recent report. Although could get the car a day or two later (can you get around LA without a car these days??) if that'd help could always make a 2nd temp booking the next day I guess.

I'll post a report when I'm there

Cheers
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by livesinabox
Nice to see a thread with pretty regular updates - especially awesome to see a video Michael Farese - that looked like a good selection

I'll be heading there in a couple of months, landing on a Saturday afternoon (which I don't think is usually a good time) - if anyone's there on a Saturday would love to see a more recent report. Although could get the car a day or two later (can you get around LA without a car these days??) if that'd help could always make a 2nd temp booking the next day I guess.

I'll post a report when I'm there

Cheers
Cool, i would be there this Sunday. Hope my update would help you. Crossing fingers that there would be a infiniti or a Audi on the aisle as some location seems to place them on the aisle sometimes.
livesinabox likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:29 pm

booked a premium SUV for Enterprise (BMW X3 or similar), meanwhile Alamo premium SUV is $8 Less, are Enterprise/Alamo cars all come from same slot? what's the chance for me to get a X3?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88
booked a premium SUV for Enterprise (BMW X3 or similar), meanwhile Alamo premium SUV is $8 Less, are Enterprise/Alamo cars all come from same slot? what's the chance for me to get a X3?

Thanks!
Over at LAX, national and Alamo share the same spot although national is at level 2. I have expirence where national employee pulled car over from Alamo. However I believe enterprise would be at a different place.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Cool, i would be there this Sunday. Hope my update would help you. Crossing fingers that there would be a infiniti or a Audi on the aisle as some location seems to place them on the aisle sometimes.
havent seen an Audi all year, myself. Only Infiniti was a Q80 a couple months ago

Two weeks ago it was wall to wall Altimas. I ended up in a Jeep Grand Cherokee because it was very very warm and those vented seats are nice.

Flying in again tonight. Haven’t landed on a Sat night before.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:44 pm

Cool! Will be waiting to see what choices u can find later. I will be ther sat noon.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:56 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
It’s getting worse every week. Plenty of Altimas, a low end Camry, some small pick ups several Hyundai’s
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL
It’s getting worse every week. Plenty of Altimas, a low end Camry, some small pick ups several Hyundai’s
Oh no!!!! That’s very bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.