Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by emkay
Are there often 8 (as opposed to 7) seater vans in the aisle?
Yes, especially with the Town & Country being phased out. All of the Pacifica's & Sedona's I've seen thus far have been 8 seaters.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Yes, especially with the Town & Country being phased out. All of the Pacifica's & Sedona's I've seen thus far have been 8 seaters.
Thanks.I don't see any minivans available online on the days I need. Would you say there is still a decent chance of having some in the aisle? (end of July)
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:53 pm

Thanks.I don't see any minivans available online on the days I need. Would you say there is still a decent chance of having some in the aisle? (end of July)
That could potentially be a problem. What are your exact dates? Also are you a Executive member or just Emerald member?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Agreed with other poster. If it's not bookable online, it's sold out and should be pulled off the aisle for minivan reservations. I've experienced this before.

If you need a van, set up backup reservations with other rental agencies.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by choatie88
Returned the car today and noticed the actual car class is RXAR. Was this a downgrade? If so, am I entitled to any recourse?
RXAR is Standard Elite, which is probably a higher level than LCAR. Other RXAR's I've gotten are the A3 and 370Z. The 370Z with cloth seats, manual hvac controls, no backup camera, no infotainment screen isn't exactly "Elite"
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:14 am

How has LAX been lately in terms of Luxury reservations?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Had a Lux SUV reservation for SNA. They only had QX80 so we picked up an Audi A4 with 5K miles instead, with the intention of swapping it once we got to LAX to pick up a friend. Pulled into LAX location and told the lot attendant of our intention and was sent to the desk. At first, the desk at the agent was not friendly at all and told us the only option is either the QX80 or Escalade. When I said neither, he said take it or leave it. Then he said go check out the Executive Aisle. I walked out and saw the usual choices. I passed by the Premier section and saw a Range Rover Sport HSE and a Mazda Miata! I asked how much for the RR and the lot attendant said $80/day for EE. I spotted a Benz C300 parked way deep in the "storage" lot by the exit booth. I started walking to it when the station manager approached me wondering what I'm doing. I told him I'm exchanging and he said I can't take the Benz unless I'm going to return it in LAX. On my way back in, I spotted the new Navigator. I asked the same manager if I can take instead and he said yes, for an upgrade fee. I know this wasn't true so I went back to the desk and gave the desk agent the license plate number of the Navigator. He walked outside "to look for the car", returned and said he couldn't find it and that "someone may have taken it". Mind you no other customer has gone to the lot since then. Then he said I can go ahead and take the Range Rover Sport for no charge.

Very nice SUV indeed, nice drive from LAX down to San Diego and back to Orange County. At first I thought it had 18K miles but noticed it's in Km's. Even when I returned the SUV in SNA, the lot attendant was confused at first, I took out my phone and showed her the miles to km's conversion and she was good with that. At first I thought the SUV had very good gas mileage considering I only used half a tank with all of that driving until it costs me $80 to fill up the half tank. Yikes! But a good ride for $8 bucks for the two days, thanks to my Free Days cert.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS, QF, SK
I can't even remember the last time I've been here (EE) and didn't drive off in either an Audi, a BMW, or an Infiniti. Sometimes you have to pester the guy walking the lot, but they give up the goods quickly.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:16 am

Hi, I'm having a full size SUV reservation for LAX in August.
Does anyone know whats their fleet for full size SUVs right now?

regards, Andi
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:52 am

Made a reservation on the 4th Aug for PCAR. Not sure what would i end up with or will they consider giving anything from LCAR? Does anybody know if i can pick up a car from the executive aisle if i do not like the car they give? Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:30 am

Picked up Friday morning at 8AM. Fully stocked executive aisle but nothing caught my eye in other than a Miata RF, 2 XTS, and 2 Q3s. I ended up taking an XTS with 13k miles (no XM) but in decent shape. Was in a rush so take a detailed look at the upgrades.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:11 pm

Nice, i went on Saturday and i saw 1 Miata , 1 Q50 and 2 Beetle convertibles. Picked up the Q50. 1 thing i am not too happy about is that when i returned at SAN, i told them that i will keep the car as i have another reservation with the SAN branch but the guy over there did not allow me to do so as he said they lack of LCAR and since i only made a booking on ICAR, they will need to take back the car and i can go back to the executive aisle to choose another. I mentioned that i also picked that up at the executive area over at LAX and he kept saying that they are different over here and he needed a LCAR as they are expecting 3 LCAR bookings and they did not have enough LCAR. Total rubbish over at SAN location. i ended up taking a 17k mile maxima which is very dirty inside and out.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dect002
Nice, i went on Saturday and i saw 1 Miata , 1 Q50 and 2 Beetle convertibles. Picked up the Q50. 1 thing i am not too happy about is that when i returned at SAN, i told them that i will keep the car as i have another reservation with the SAN branch but the guy over there did not allow me to do so as he said they lack of LCAR and since i only made a booking on ICAR, they will need to take back the car and i can go back to the executive aisle to choose another. I mentioned that i also picked that up at the executive area over at LAX and he kept saying that they are different over here and he needed a LCAR as they are expecting 3 LCAR bookings and they did not have enough LCAR. Total rubbish over at SAN location. i ended up taking a 17k mile maxima which is very dirty inside and out.
Unfortunately this is the way it works. SAN will have seen your inbound return and allocated it to a LCAR booking - if you keep the car, they will need to disappoint a customer who was expecting a LCAR which has priority over your re-rent.

I do re-rents weekly and the ONLY way this works consistently at most (not all) locations is to choose a local location where you develop a relationship with the staff and management and call or email them ahead of time to let them know you have a LCAR or whatever you will re-rent so it doesn't go into inventory, or select a return location that has an easy in/out process like LGB or ONT. Another option in a pinch is to set your return to location A, then book and do the re-rent from location B who isn't expecting your car into their inventory - but it depends on whether or not this changes your rate.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:59 pm

Ahhh....now i see. I have always stick with enterprise because they always allow me to keep a car, That's why i am so surprise that they could not be more flexible this time. I have another reservation next week. Hoping for a better selection this time.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:11 pm

Agree. New EC Executive here (Amex). Went to LAX Thursday afternoon and found the executive isle full of CX-5's, Nissan's, Chevy's and a couple of Challengers. Remembered your post and went and asked the lady prowling the lot. She said they had nothing initially but then came back shortly afterwards with a brand new Cadillac CTS with 3 miles (!) on it. Unfortunately, spent most of my time in the car crawling around in LA traffic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.