Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by BRPORSCHE
Heading there right before the 4th. Trying to be a realist with gas prices and will 'splurge' for as high a mileage vehicle I can get. I am EE so hopeful I have a chance to get something decent. Any PHEV sightings on the lot?
the only two PHEV I can think of are pacifica hybrid and Mitsubishi outlander PHEV. Former gets 30mpg and the latter gets 25mpg
most fuel efficient will be ioniq and Prius(rare to see)
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:16 am

Hmmmm I can probably get higher than 30 mpg from a camry or smaller sedan. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: United 1k, American Express Platinum
Hmmmm I can probably get higher than 30 mpg from a camry or smaller sedan. Thanks for the heads up!
You’re in for a treat if you fill up anywhere Near LAX
Auto Enthusiast and Kacee like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by rickfromla
You’re in for a treat if you fill up anywhere Near LAX

yea.... especially since I am coming from a fairly LCOL area.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:38 pm

Heading there right before the 4th. Trying to be a realist with gas prices and will 'splurge' for as high a mileage vehicle I can get. I am EE so hopeful I have a chance to get something decent. Any PHEV sightings on the lot?
You might be even be able to find a full EV.
Recent EV sightings

I picked up a Kia Niro EV from the Executive Aisle in DAL, and someone from the above linked thread stating they saw one in LAX too. I'll say they are no brainers if you're traveling within the LAX area only and are not going on long road trips. Mine was 100% charged when I picked it up and National doesn't require you to charge it up before returning it - basically a free tank of gas electron
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by Ragnarok; Jun 15, 2022 at 1:43 pm
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:11 pm

Arriving on Thursday. Flight schedule is at 1050am, with LAX crazy horseshoe traffic, I think I'd be lucky if we got there by noon, but hoping for the best.

There will be 6 of us - 4 adults, 1 teen and 1 9 year old. We're hoping to be able to snag a 3 row SUV. Explorers, or Highlander would be nice. To be safe, I have another reservation for a minivan. Any recent renters at LAX that can share whether there are options of 3-row SUV or minivans?

Forgot to add - I have Executive Elite status. So far, I've been lucky at other National locations - but have not rented at LAX in 8 years, so not sure what to expect.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by r0m8470
We're hoping to be able to snag a 3 row SUV. Explorers, or Highlander would be nice. To be safe, I have another reservation for a minivan. Any recent renters at LAX that can share whether there are options of 3-row SUV or minivans?
In my experience this location is much better than average in terms of large vehicles in ES. I generally arrive at LAX weekdays midday. Usually (but not always), there are minivans and larger SUV's available. Last time I was there (in May) they had both an Expedition and a couple of Armadas in ES (I took the former), but there will typically at least be a Pacifica or a Sorento there if nothing else.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:51 pm

6.15 - Around 5:30 PM

Executive Isle had the following: RX350, 4runner, Tacoma, Ram 1500, Toyota Highlander, Audi Q5, Pacifica.

Took the PHEV Pacifica. GAS SAVER!!!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:55 am

Im coming in tomorrow before noon right before the busy holiday weekend. Empty lot or full lot in anticipation for the weekend?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I'd say the latter rather than the former. If you were arriving, say, Saturday at 4pm, then I'd be worried.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:30 pm

Im coming in tomorrow before noon right before the busy holiday weekend. Empty lot or full lot in anticipation for the weekend?
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'd say the latter rather than the former. If you were arriving, say, Saturday at 4pm, then I'd be worried.
How about a pickup this Sunday night at around midnight? Any chance of me finding something nice in the executive aisle or doomed for the 4th of July?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by El Capitan
How about a pickup this Sunday night at around midnight? Any chance of me finding something nice in the executive aisle or doomed for the 4th of July?
You might luck out that a lot of people head home on Sunday night rather than Monday. That's me being hopeful though.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:08 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
6/28 (Tuesday) around 3PM

ES was fairly well stocked but rather uninteresting. Highlights included a 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300, a few Mustang Ecoboost convertibles, an Audi Q3, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2022 VW Atlas Cross Coupe R-Line, and several pickups in work truck trim.

PS had a Cadillac XT6 with NY plates, a Maserati Ghibli, another GLC300, and an Infiniti Q50.

Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:15 pm

I thought I report back here.

We arrived at LAX on 6/23 almost at noon as expected. I did not sightsee too long in the Exec Aisle. The Mrs spotted a 4Runner, so we went for it. It's got 3rd row seat and Carplay/Android Auto. We really like 4Runner and with a group of 6 people, 4 suitcases, and 4 backpacks, the car worked for us.

The gas bill is not pretty. I think this is the most expensive gas bill ever for me since I moved to States in 1997 ~ $6.5/gallon for regular unleaded! We only drove for 134 miles luckily.

When we rolled out of the garage, the other 3-row SUVs that we saw are GMC Acadia and another 4Runner. The aisle was well stocked with cars though - Altimas, Chrysler 300, Hyundai/Kia mid-size, and Jeep Compact crossovers abound.
KE81, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Does National carry any nice cars at LAX like Porsche/Range Rover/AMG/Mseries ? Or is that all pushed to Enterprise Exotics that is located in the same parking lot?

I'm considering making a national booking and a back up at enterprise exotics. Can you walk from National to Enterprise exotics at LAX? I always rent with Hertz but I can't book any of their dream cars online anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.