Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCI (Kansas City, MO)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Monday at mid-day:

EA: Mostly midsize sedans and midsize SUVs - pretty far away so I couldn't id too many makes, except for some Jeep Patriots.
ES: About half Impalas and half various larger vehicles. A couple of Mazda CR-9s, a few Equinoxes, and a base Traverse (no sat radio) that I took.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:30 pm

Can you ever complain about the selection??

Wow, Tuesday night around 11:30, and horrible selection, unless you are here on a family vacation, then you might have hit the jackpot...Mini-van heaven. ES and EA both had vans lined up in them (only about 5-6 in each) and pretty much nothing else. You would have had to venture over to the midsize lot to get something different. I walked all the way to the end of the executive section and found an impala that was nothing fancy except for the sunroof. It only had 2800 miles on it, but it looked like it had been sitting someplace for awhile b/c the dirt had built up and somebody had wrote on the trunk. Either way...sorry selection at MCI.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM
Last week saw around 5 VW Passat in EA and the week before Kia Optima along with a few mini vans. This was around 8pm Monday evening. VW is a great addition to EA.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, EA
Originally Posted by eshkr
Last week saw around 5 VW Passat in EA and the week before Kia Optima along with a few mini vans. This was around 8pm Monday evening. VW is a great addition to EA.
I have really enjoyed driving the VW's from the EA. beats the Impala ANY day.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Picked up Saturday about 10:30am. ES was ode to boredom. It was pick your color Altima, Camry, Avalon, Impala, Malibu and Sonata. Also had 2 Chargers (base), Taurus, Passat, Traverse, and Caravan with no key.

EA was mostly 200's.

Specialty was a SUV, Genesis, and Mustang Conv.

Was driving one way to Tulsa so picked the Avalon for comfort and size.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:46 pm
EEE

Programs: UA Gold
I just picked up a rental car at MCI this afternoon. Both aisles had a wide selection, including all the usual suspects. EA also had a couple of small SUVs and some Chrysler 200s. ES had multiple pickups (F150 4x4 and Dodge Rams), quite a few minivans, and a handful of SUVs. There was a Chrysler 300 (7k miles, but there was an overwhelming floral scent and interior was caked with some residue) and a Charger (18k miles, with slight smoky smell and what looked like white cat fur all over the driver's seat). I finally settled on a Jeep Patriot with 5.5k miles.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Saturday morning, both the EA and ES were full with probably 85% SUVs, a few Challengers, and a couple of leather 300s. There was a wide range of SUVs, but they weren't the behemoths, the largest one was the 13 Jeep GC Limited which I took. A few Equinox/Terrain, some Muranos, some Edges, a bunch of Kias, and maybe a Highlander.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5-Star, National Exec Elite
Lots of Impalas!

Last Monday got into MCI around 1PM and there were a LOT of Impalas in the Executive Aisle...in fact there was practically nothing else there. Kind of disappointing.

Today I flew in around 5P and there was a selection of a few trucks, a Ford Explorer with no keys, a couple Ford Edge's, a couple Muranos, and more Impalas. Took the Murano today.

We will see what next week looks like (going to be flying into MCI on and off for a few months...)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Friday around lunch time. One of the best ES selections I have seen. Besides the usual FCAR's it was pick your favorite PCAR. Maxima's, Tarus limited, S60, Avalon, Genesis and multiple Challengers. Other choices were Edge Limited, Tahoe, Traverse, and a beautiful red 2014 GC Limited with panaramic sunroof, which I took. Was looking at the Traverse, but spent the last week in an Enclave, and the 2 days before in an Acadia, so I wanted something different.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Saturday morning in the EA. Lots of Chargers, a 300, a 2014 Impala (not Limited). Some minivans and SUVs I wasn't interested in. I ended up taking an Optima Hybrid with <600 miles... spent maybe $5 on gas.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:01 pm

3/28 Friday at 11am. ES was full:

2x Edge Limited
2x F150
1x Tahoe SLT
1x Acadia SLT
Altimas
Avalon
Some dodge CUV things
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Not awful.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PPlus, Hertz PC, Hilton & BW Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott & IHG Gold
Bumping. I'll edit this post after I pick up next Wednesday (4/16). Will be in the EA.

Any other updates welcome!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PPlus, Hertz PC, Hilton & BW Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott & IHG Gold
4/16 at 10:45 a.m.

EA and ES were basically devoid of cars. Some people were waiting as the station attendants rushed back with clean cars.

Was headed off by about 12+ business travelers as I waited at the desk to see why they wanted me to report to the desk. When I stepped out to the lot, here's what I saw.

EA:
All three cars had someone in them...
1x VW Jetta Sportwagen
1x Chrysler 200
1x other sedan or crossover

ES:
1x Nissan Murano (taken)
1x Dodge 2500 HD Pickup
1x Kia Sorrento (almost took with 1300mi)
1x Nissan Altima S (took this with 607mi)

I feel sorry for the fella stuck with the Dodge pickup!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
MCI - Wednesday : 2330

3+ x Impala Classic
2 x Malibu
2 x Town & Country
2 x 200 (Silver, 704 odo, KS plates, SiriusXM)
1 x Charger
1 x Escape
1 x Compass
1 x Patriot
2 x Altima

Also : Traverse, G37 in Premium/Specialty
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
13 December 2015 : 1230

Heads up for minor construction @ MCI...

Inside - National is now sharing space with Alamo (and next to Enterprise) on the right side of atrium at the top of the escalator (missed it originally)
Outside - work on the first few stalls of the Executive area as you exit the atrium.

1 x LaCrosse
2 x Impala New
1 x Traverse
1 x Malibu
1 x 200
3+ x Journey
1 x Fusion
1 x Acadia
2 x Terrain
1 x Sonata

PS : Yukon Denali, BMW sedan @ $ 50.00

Was going to opt for the Acadia, but spied a Grand Cherokee in the first row of overflow. Lot jockey was nice enough to get it, despite the moderate rain. Itinerary : MCI-ICT-OMA-MCI, a little over 1000 miles, approx 24 MPG

Don't hate me, but, I went in on XM for the week. At least in this case, was able to pay for XM separately upon return (corporate will not cover).

1 x Grand Cherokee Limited (FlexFuel) (Black, 17K odo, OK plates)

BBQ selection was Gates in KCK (in the 'hood, but close to hotel)

Last edited by nycatl; Dec 17, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.