Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:52 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by peteropny
You may want to run the car through a wash since you're not supposed to drive on unpaved roads before they question why it's so dirty.
Sometimes it is unavoidable. I know places in North Carolina and Illinois where I have had to drive on [State owned] dirt roads (no, they aren't "trails" just very rural parts of the State). Also, my mother's driveway is literally a half mile long and dirt/gravel.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Sometimes it is unavoidable. I know places in North Carolina and Illinois where I have had to drive on [State owned] dirt roads (no, they aren't "trails" just very rural parts of the State). Also, my mother's driveway is literally a half mile long and dirt/gravel.
https://www.nationalcar.ca/printTC.do

"THE FOLLOWING SHALL INVALIDATE CDW:
a. if Vehicle is damaged when used or driven:
(10) on an unpaved road or off road;"

Ron.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:58 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by newfbc
https://www.nationalcar.ca/printTC.do

"THE FOLLOWING SHALL INVALIDATE CDW:
a. if Vehicle is damaged when used or driven:
(10) on an unpaved road or off road;"

Ron.
Yes, I'm aware of the T&C, that was not the point. The point was that at times it is unavoidable, unless the rental agencies are suggesting that folks in more rural parts of the US are not worthy of visits
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Picked up Friday and got a brand new Chrysler 300c with 300 miles on it.

Nice car and great for a quick weekend dinner trip. Lots of chargers and malibu's to choose from. Also saw a few duranngos.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Yes, I'm aware of the T&C, that was not the point. The point was that at times it is unavoidable, unless the rental agencies are suggesting that folks in more rural parts of the US are not worthy of visits
My comment was just meant to be careful and to lessen whatever suspicions the return agent may have.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Anyone know what I would find in the Luxury Aisle nowadays?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
Anyone know what I would find in the Luxury Aisle nowadays?
I'd be interested in this one as well.

Also, whats the best/worst times to show up at LAS? I'm looking at a flight which lands at 22:30, so I'd be at the rental facility at about Midnight on a Tuesday. If it would maximise my chances to get a decent Luxury (It's for a 3 week 3000 mile rental so I *really* care!) to wait until the next morning before picking up a car, then I'd do that..
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum, National Emerald Exec Elite
Just took an ATS 2.0T which is classified as Luxury. I think they also have the CTS in that category. Also have seen Caddy SUVs including the SRX & Escalade.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by aviator4512
Just took an ATS 2.0T which is classified as Luxury. I think they also have the CTS in that category. Also have seen Caddy SUVs including the SRX & Escalade.
ATS 2.0T would be absolutely perfect - infact if I'm honest it's my preferred choice. Wouldn't want a CTS. What was the inventory level like - plenty of ATS to chose from or did you snag the lone one on the lot?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:48 pm

We booked a Fullsize car with Alamo at Las Vegas in May this year. When we got there they had a choice of one Chevrolet Impala or one old model Toyota Camry. We didn't want either so dropped down a class to Standard and chose a very nice Chrysler 200. Very poor choice in Fullsize by Alamo standards.

The choice in Standard class was much better, had Chrysler 200's, Ford Focus's, VW Jetta's and lots of them. As there was only 2 of us this was perfectly good and it didn't drink petrol.

Booked Fullsize with Alamo in Orlando May last year and they had Nissan Altimas as well as Camrys, Impalas and the Chrysler 200 which we chose. Again booked Fullsize with Alamo in Los Angeles last October and they had a Mazda 6, VW Passat, Altimas, Buicks, Camrys, Impalas and a Ford Taurus which we picked.

Booked a car with them for Memphis in October and have just chose Standard class again.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:39 am

Which Convertibles at LAS?

Originally Posted by Jack Wang
Convertibles:
All Mustangs
I was surprised to read this. I booked a convertible with Alamo LAS in September and was getting myself ready to get a 200 Convertible. So far, I've only found Mustangs and Camaros listed as convertibles at LAS - has anybody some recent insights? It's, as I said, an Alamo booking. I guess that makes a difference? (I'd most definitely prefer the Mustang or the Camaro over the 200 because of their trunk sizes.)
BTW, I also assume that all convertibles offered by Alamo are soft tops, is that right?

Best regards
flype
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, Alamo Quicksilver, SW Rapid Rewards, Caesars Total Rewards Platinum
Arrived at LAS about 1030pm on 7/3/13. There was a line of about 4 ahead of me and two troublesome, complaining customers with the two agents, so I decided to try the kiosk with my DL since I am EC even though this was a priceline rental. Kiosk picked up my name and printed a receipt. Went to emerald aisle and saw 7 (yes, seven) dodge challengers and a few other misc cars. The agent said I could do ES since I reserved a full and I got a very nice 2014 Impala LT with 54 miles on it. Car was registered on June 24 according to registration in glove box, so it is likely I was the first or second person renting it. Great ride - loved the Chevy MyLink screen. Put 1400 miles on that baby over the course of a week including lots of 110 degree desert driving.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:32 am

Question Which cars go on aisle?

Any National employees here? Just curious. Who decides and what method do they use to decide what goes on the EA or ES? I'm sure most of us have wondered about this. Is it strictly random?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Picked up car at 0700 on 24th. There were only 13 cars in all of the national and Alamo stalls!!!! I have never seen it that empty.

Women running around in the garage was a huge idiot and extremely rude. Rented a 2013 Ford Taurus with 15k. The car was a dog. By 2pm I was on my way back to the garage to throw a fit. They swapped me out into a new 2013 Taurus with 3k. Not to be funny but man there was a huge difference!!!! It's been a great car and actually sad to return it tomorrow.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by B767capt
Picked up car at 0700 on 24th. There were only 13 cars in all of the national and Alamo stalls!!!! I have never seen it that empty.

Women running around in the garage was a huge idiot and extremely rude. Rented a 2013 Ford Taurus with 15k. The car was a dog. By 2pm I was on my way back to the garage to throw a fit. They swapped me out into a new 2013 Taurus with 3k. Not to be funny but man there was a huge difference!!!! It's been a great car and actually sad to return it tomorrow.
you think 12k miles made a difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.