Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by FDXA310
Arrived in afternoon of 3/24 and ES had Grand Marquis, Challenger, and Sonata. I reserved a Luxury and was offered a Lincoln, Cadillac, or Mercedes. I took the Mercedes C300.
Did you happend to notice if the Cadillac was a Dts or cTS?

Just curious...Thanks

Last edited by billybabe; Mar 28, 2010 at 1:46 pm
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by FDXA310
I reserved a Luxury and was offered a Lincoln, Cadillac, or Mercedes. I took the Mercedes C300.
With Emerald Reserve don't you just approach the row of class you rented? By offered do you mean that is what was on the row? Or do I have Emerald Reserve confused with something else?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by pragakhan
With Emerald Reserve don't you just approach the row of class you rented? By offered do you mean that is what was on the row? Or do I have Emerald Reserve confused with something else?
some locations keep the keys for Luxury in the booth in the isle, the agents confirm your name before they hand you the key to your special reservation (Luxury SUV/special order cars). enjoy
Old Apr 1, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by pragakhan
At LAS, all cars on the line have their keys in them AFAIK. The security gate folks will turn around non-compliant renters. Once, there was a luxury convertable on the ES line by accident. I was stopped at the gate and management subsequently allowed the rental to occur.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 1:26 am

I didn't notice what model Caddy it was. As I entered the garage, an employee came over and asked if I needed help. I said I reserved a Luxery car and he rattled off the three choices. He went to the booth to get the keys for the Mercedes. Neither C300s had keys in them.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
At LAS, all cars on the line have their keys in them AFAIK. The security gate folks will turn around non-compliant renters. Once, there was a luxury convertable on the ES line by accident. I was stopped at the gate and management subsequently allowed the rental to occur.
What car would be in luxury convertible class? Would you have to upgrade from a convertible.. luxury..?

Ron.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, AS MVPG 75K, SPG LTP (BONVOYED), Hyatt Diamond aka WoH Glob, HH Diamond
Thanks everyone for the info and you guys made the rental decisions at LAS much easier.

LAS indeed has very decent cars. I rented for two weeks with ES pick up for week one and lux SUV for week two. The ES row was deserted last week when I was there with a Grand Marquis, a Jeep, an Impala, and a brand new Taurus Limited. I picked the Taurus limited with XM radio and it was a surprisingly good ride.

When picking up the lux SUV yesterday, there were a couple black Escalades, a BMW 335i, a MB C300 at the reserve row and the keys are not in the cars. An attendant will come to you right after you enter the lot. There are several Town Cars also sitting around. Checked the Escalades and none of them had XM radio activated. So I picked up a 2010 Caddy SRX with XM radio instead. Very smooth ride but the seats are as hard as rock.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I agree, LAS does have some cool cars. I saw: New Camaro, Challenger, Mini Cooper Club, MB GLK 350 (I drove this one), Volvo C70 Convertible (drove this), MB C300, lots of Escalades and Navigators.

I had a rental for 2 separate days. I booked luxury SUV using free days. They basically gave me choice of anything that was on the lot at the time.

Ron.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: * A
can't wait to get out to LAS this year to try out the GLK. thanks for the update newfbc ^
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
EA on Saturday noonish was almost completely empty. Best ride I saw was a 4 cylinder Camry. Also a few HHRs, a Jeep Compass, a Kia Forte, a Dodge Avenger, and a Grand Cherokee with the hood up indicating some sort of mechanical problem.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador, Aeroplan, National Executive
I had previously posted that I had rented a convertible for our Vegas-LA trip, but after realizing that we would probably be clocking 1500 miles minimum we decided to go luxury. I called the LAS rental site and they said their luxury fleet consist of CTS, STS, MKS and towncar. I see that people have mentioned GLK, C300 etc... are those standard lux car's or are they an additional fee?

Cheers!
Old May 26, 2010, 10:07 am

At LAS yesterday was offered an upgrade from a Premium to a LTC or DTS. Took the DTS. There were Grand Marquis' in the line, so not sure why the upgrade was offered, but I wasn't going to question it!

Walking by the EA saw only HHR's in an assortment of colors.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Executive Selection on Thu afternoon before Memorial Day, nearly empty -- a bunch of 300s, a few Impalas, Grand Marquis and a couple of Ford Five Hundreds along with one SUV. My wife likes the 300 so we took one of those .. Low miles, Sirius active. Only paid $20 a day, with one day free, so pretty happy with the deal.
Old May 31, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Executive Selection on Thu afternoon before Memorial Day, nearly empty -- a bunch of 300s, a few Impalas, Grand Marquis and a couple of Ford Five Hundreds along with one SUV. My wife likes the 300 so we took one of those .. Low miles, Sirius active. Only paid $20 a day, with one day free, so pretty happy with the deal.
Five Hundreds.. are you sure?.. they haven`t made those since 2007.

Ron.

Last edited by newfbc; May 31, 2010 at 4:46 pm
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:06 pm

Any good deals at las vegas

Originally Posted by newfbc
Five Hundreds.. are you sure?.. they haven`t made those since 2007.

Ron.
Hi, anyone out there know of any good deals on rental cars in Las Vegas? Very late to get one leaving tomorrow night for Las Vegas need car for JUne 9 - 17th? any help is appreciated.
Thanks
GOMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.