Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Empty lot today. I was directed to the full sized section where I grabbed a NEW '10 Impala.

Aaron - if there is a suv on emerald aisle, you can have it free. You should be ok as there is usually several small suvs on the aisle.
Sweet- so I'm good just getting the mid-size or should I get the full size?

Thanks for the advise.

-Aaron
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by arich57
Sweet- so I'm good just getting the mid-size or should I get the full size?

Thanks for the advise.

-Aaron
Midsize will give you Emerald Aisle access. That is all you will need. In the unlikely event that there are no SUVs on the aisle, a $5 tip to a lot porter usually will likely make one magically appear.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
4 cars on the EA tonight - 3 sedans, 1 small SUV. Line 6 deep on the Alamo far end of the lot for Midsize cars. Incidentally, Alamo was not using the back row against the far wall tonight. I did not ask if it was a maintenance issue or a sign of pending rennovations.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:17 am

I was there last Wednesday. The lot was pretty empty. The attendant told me to take any car I wanted, including the Executive aisle. I am only Emerald. There was one minivan, two Mustang convertibles, and an odd assortment of stuff that I wasn't interested in. The guys that work the lot were very good to me. My experiences at Thrifty and other places at Mccarran were not so good.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:04 am

EA empty last night - offered any car I wanted. Ended up with a '10 Mustang convertible on recommendation of the lot attendant - very nice.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:10 am

I got a pretty good deal on a luxury car for a 4 day rental at LAS - I think the total was $147 using contract code 7890092 and a free weekend day coupon. However, when I got to the "luxury" aisle, there were only 5 choices - all older lincoln continentals. The Alamo side had about the same - all older lincolns. I mentioned how unhappy I was with the options and was offered a Mercedes (with about 270 miles on it.) It looked like they kept quite a few cars off the aisles - either sitting at the exit doors or near the customer service booth. If you don't find what you're looking for, I'd suggest asking - the guys working on the lot were very friendly and helpful.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by atexun
However, when I got to the "luxury" aisle, there were only 5 choices - all older lincoln continentals.
I can swear from a distance that you were not greeted with Linclon Continentals, last produced in 2002. Lincon Town cars, maybe - a model that last got a significant re-engieering before 2002. Rental agencies, with some exceptions, buy the dogs of the automotive world. There is no other reason for the large number of Chrysler Sebrings, Mitsubishi Galants and Chrysler PT Cruisers in the EntNatA'mo fleet.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Any Corollas at LAS?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
Arrived the evening of 9/2. Told the attendant I was an Emerald Club member and he asked what I was looking for. I told him Satellite Radio and he went to check on a Sonata sitting in the Exec row. Since it didn't have satellite, he asked for my 2nd choice. I didn't have one, so he suggested a convertible (Sebring, Eclipse). Chose the Eclipse Spyder sitting in the convertible aisle. It was a fun rental.

The Emerald aisle had the Sebring convertible and some generic midsize cars. Exec aisle had the Sonata, an Azera, and 3 minivans.

Szymon
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:50 pm

Hi!

Renting a Full Size SUV at LAS on the 4. oct.
Does anyone know what I'm likely to get? A Tahoe?
What cars are there in the that class at LAS?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Tommy
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH
Sat. Sept 12, 2009 5pm - Not that many vehicles. About 7 SUVs/vans & 2 cars available on Emerald. Didn't need a SUV/van so took the Taurus Limited.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:36 am

Monday 9/21 9pm - very limited selection. Ended up in a full size on my economy res.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Empty tonight - 0 cars on EA/ES. 2 economoy, 1 full, 6 vans, and 1 convertible on the whole lot!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 5:52 pm

4 cars in total:
Rav4
Impala
Malibu
Grand caravan
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:54 pm

Scored a 3k mile Buick Enclave with leather on 10/10 on the EE aisle. Lot's of other great choices too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.