Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Unless the changed the rules recently your going to be limited to a full size car or smaller because you're under 25. If you want something that isn't a camery, sonata, fusion and etc your only choice will be a dodge charger. Wouldn't call it sexy but it's not one of the non descriptive mid size family sedans ( there actual class). You might be able to get a Mazda 3 or 6 but those are rare.
YMMV on this. I've consistently had Enterprise agents say I can't rent luxury cars when I was under 25. I can confirm that I had less than 5 instances where National also refused to rent above full size claiming the 25 age rule, but most stations seem okay with it.

LAS is pretty relaxed imo. Hugely variable upon selection though as sometimes it is completely empty and other times it is very full on the Aisle. Expect a charger imo or other full size.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
YMMV on this. I've consistently had Enterprise agents say I can't rent luxury cars when I was under 25. I can confirm that I had less than 5 instances where National also refused to rent above full size claiming the 25 age rule, but most stations seem okay with it.

LAS is pretty relaxed imo. Hugely variable upon selection though as sometimes it is completely empty and other times it is very full on the Aisle. Expect a charger imo or other full size.

Well it does depend on location but I would go in expecting at best a full size car. If you're going in expecting even a XTS you'll be disappointed when you can't get it then.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I am doing a one day rental in Vegas this weekend and thinking this might be the perfect chance to take them up on their premium collection since I'll be doing a lot of driving and only have to pay for the upgrade for one day. Anyone have any experience either doing this or seeing what kind of cars they often have availabile for a paid upgrade? I finally pulled the trigger recently and got the panamera that i have see sitting at DCA for a year but have no idea what's Normally available at LAS.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tester22
I am doing a one day rental in Vegas this weekend and thinking this might be the perfect chance to take them up on their premium collection since I'll be doing a lot of driving and only have to pay for the upgrade for one day. Anyone have any experience either doing this or seeing what kind of cars they often have availabile for a paid upgrade? I finally pulled the trigger recently and got the panamera that i have see sitting at DCA for a year but have no idea what's Normally available at LAS.
Oh dang nice, a Panamera?! How much was that upgrade for a day? (sorry for derail)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Was only 100 bucks
ginmqi likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
EA and EE aisles have had more cars lately. In past weeks the aisles were sparse.

Came away with a BMW 430i convertible and Audi Q3 for my last two rentals.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:20 am

Picking up at LAS

Hey guys i will be flying into LAS on 12-25 flight touches down at 5:20 pm i"m executive it will probably be bananas selection will probably be crappy lol i have a PCAR booked any idea what i might get never rented from here before?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post in the LAS thread, but I picked up my car this past weekend (Friday around 6pm). Executive area was filled but with mostly uninteresting cars. Lots of Impalas and Malibus. I ended up going with the Challenger, but ended up regretting it because it was the barebones trim level with a tiny 4 inch screen and no tech (i.e. reverse camera/sensors). It's supposed to be outputting 300+ hp, but I think the weight of the car makes it feel like that 300hp was barely enough.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by bigpoppa09
Hey guys i will be flying into LAS on 12-25 flight touches down at 5:20 pm i"m executive it will probably be bananas selection will probably be crappy lol i have a PCAR booked any idea what i might get never rented from here before?
^^^^^^^
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by bigpoppa09
I picked up last Thursday. In the Executive Aisle mostly Impalas, Altimas, a couple minivans, a couple trucks, and a couple Buick Enclaves.

Took an Impala in the Premium trim with Nav.

Last edited by NCLSEA123; Dec 19, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:15 am

I got to LAS on 12-25 made my way to the Aisle guy asked me was I executive I said yes. I said tell u have something good he said I don't know if I can tell u that Christmas day around 5:10 Pm was the wrong time to be renting the lot was bare bones he said all I'm seeing is pick up trucks I got worried I didn't want or need a truck. Then they were was a Black Caddy XTS right on the front row some more people were waiting he said sir since u are executive I will give u first shot at the XTS I'm like hell yea it' yours he handed me the key's . He was funny and kool he said the he'l will Alamo I don' care if some one comes in with a luxury Res I'm giving u the caddy. It's a 2018 loaded with Nav no roof 700 miles on the clock I see a lot of people down the XTS on here. I don't have a problem with it's roomy good power and a good get especially with a crappy selection and I only had a PCAR Res.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Rented on Dec 24th for a one-way. Needed an SUV and there weren't many on the ES aisles. I walked to the back aisles (SUV aisle) and found a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Hopped in while a worker was walking by and asked him if I could take the Jeep. He asked how many miles were on the Jeep and if I was an executive. I told him 8,000 miles. He told me ok no prob. I asked him why and he told me that National likes to make sure Executives get cars with less than 20k. Nice ride.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
Go to LAS on the 26th around 1900. In EA, there were 2 Chargers, a Sonata, a Fusion Hybrid, and 5 Altimas. Each of the cars was a base trim. I ended up in the Charger, which was well powered, but had no back-up camera, which was very odd. ES had basically the same things, plus a Challenger and a Maxima, again, all base trim.

When I returned on the 30th around 0500, it seemed to be a little more diverse. EA had an Elantra, Malibu, and a Frontier. ES had the usual FCARs, plus an Impala, Frontier, and a Chevy Colorado. Definitely slim pickings, but it is that time of the year.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
Picked up at LAS on Wednesday morning. Quantity not quality is probably the best way to sum up the ES there. It was packed with Dodge Caravans, Chevy Impalas, Malibus, and some 2018 Camrys. I eventually settled on a Nissan Armada.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:32 am

Picked up last night. Aisle was full of minivans and SUVs and few cars. I even saw three Grand Caravans parked on the aisle next to each other with consecutive license plate numbers. That's an indication that those three vehicles are brand new

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.