Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:22 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Sunday 8PM

ES had 3 Fusions and an '14 Impala LT.

EA might have had a Kia Soul.

Luxury/Premium had an ATS and XTS.

Fortunately, they let me keep the new QX60 I one-wayed in.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:14 pm

Friday about 7:30pm

ES had a couple of Altima's, an old style Impala, a Fusion SE ecoboost, Toyota 4Runner, Chevy Traverse, and some other crossover that I honestly can't remember now.

Didn't get a look at EA. The PS section had a couple of cars, didn't get a good look at them, didn't seem to be anything special except one of them did seem to be a Porsche. National has Porsche's?

Took the 4 Runner, some of my plans for the weekend involved some "less maintained" roads, so I was happy to get a true SUV for that.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Pretty bad selection the last few days.

Monday 6:45P
ES: 3x Chargers, 2x T&C, Camry, 2x Fusion SE, Altima
Premium: 1x Taurus Limited

Wednesday 7PM
ES: 2 x Jeep Patriot

Rest of lot was basically bare, lots of cars in return though.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:30 am

Monday, May 5, 1:30PM

ZERO cars in the Executive Aisle. Never saw that before.

Attendant apologized and brought around a Jeep Patriot. Eh. Tank was not full either, but the exit attendant made notes in my reservation.

Two others behind me in the E aisle had to wait as well. None of us were offered taking any upgrades.
Old May 20, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Slim pickings today.

EA
VW Jetta
Dodge Avenger
Minivans
Chevy Captiva

ES
More Minivans
Ford Expedition
Chevy Tahoe
Dodge Charger
Old Impala's
Old style Malibu from 2012!!!
Nissan Maxima's
VW Passat
Ford Fusion that was very well worn.

I started walking around to see what else was on the lot. Grabbed the keys to a 2014 Toyota Corolla and was walking around to see if there was anything better. Started talking with one of the greeters; asked if they had any hybrids, they didn't. Nothing else I was interested in trying. He asked if I tried a CX-5 yet which I hadn't and there was one in the return area. He was going to have it washed and brought right back up but the lady was taking her sweet time to unload all her luggage.

There was an Infiniti Q50 AZ plates and 7800 miles in the return area. I mentioned that to him and he offered it to me. He drove it down to the car wash area, ran it through while I used the restroom, and by the time I got back he had it running and waiting for me. He wrote up a hangtag marked "Executive Selection" "Luxury" and signed his name on it so I wouldn't have any hassle at the gate. The gal I know at the gate said I was getting a good deal because they've been getting $50 a day up charge on the Q50 right now.

Reserved: Full Size (FCAR)
Driven: Full Size Elite (GXAR)
Charged: Intermediate (ICAR)

Premier Selection was:
Infiniti QX80 for $75 extra per day
Porsche Boxster GTS (MSRP $73,500) $300 extra per day!!! (I think that's a rip when you could rent a QX56, QX80, Escalade, which may be in the $60,000 range for $50 a day extra or so. The up charge on the Boxster is about 6 times that. I've seen other locations rent them out for about $100 a day up charge.) Greeter said it hardly ever is rented out. Spends more time collecting dust and mainly goes between the lot and the car wash area.)
Old May 20, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Tony King
Porsche Boxster GTS (MSRP $73,500) $300 extra per day!!! (I think that's a rip when you could rent a QX56, QX80, Escalade, which may be in the $60,000 range for $50 a day extra or so. The up charge on the Boxster is about 6 times that. I've seen other locations rent them out for about $100 a day up charge.) Greeter said it hardly ever is rented out. Spends more time collecting dust and mainly goes between the lot and the car wash area.)
I think that's about what Hertz charges for the Boxster under their Dream Cars rentals?
Old May 21, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Hertz has the Porsche Boxster reservable for $199.49 per day for a total of $268.32 with tax at LAS. Still cheaper then National who wants base rate + $300 per day up charge + taxes/fees.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:14 pm

Luxury reservation 6/16 12:30 PM, EE EC member.

Received 2013 Acura ILX 38065 miles - RXAR Standard Elite
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:08 pm

LAS has new Corvette Stingray for $250 day upgrade fee.
LAS has the Porsche Boxster still. They'll take $150 a day upgrade fee now.
LAS has new BMW 535i. $75 a day upgrade fee.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:23 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Tony King
Luxury reservation 6/16 12:30 PM, EE EC member.

Received 2013 Acura ILX 38065 miles - RXAR Standard Elite
So basically you were given an upmodel high mileage Civic on a Luxury Reservation? Terrible...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
So basically you were given an upmodel high mileage Civic on a Luxury Reservation? Terrible...
Wait, how can they give an EE member a car with 38K miles on it?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:10 am

Yep, was basically given a fancy Civic. They must not of cared about the 20,000 mile rule yesterday.

"Standard Elite" class can be a joke at times. There are some FCAR and most PCAR's are better equipped than a "standard elite" vehicle.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:20 am

Looking through my rental history I see I rented this same ILX from 10/19/13 to 10/24/13. Mileage when I returned at that time was 17650. It was at 38605 when I picked it up. So it’s averaging about 2619 miles a month.

It does have new front tires but there is a clunking sound coming from the front right suspension when you drive over bumps or turn. Just pushing the car up and down on that side is very easy too compared to the front left.

Talked to a manager at LAS and they switched my charged rate from PCAR to ICAR. Also going to probably bring it in soon to exchange.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:47 am

Chances on getting a 4wd SUV?

I have a ES reservation for Saturday 10am this weekend. Do I have a decent chance on getting a SUV in the ES? I am going to Moab so wanted to know.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by saurabh711
I have a ES reservation for Saturday 10am this weekend. Do I have a decent chance on getting a SUV in the ES? I am going to Moab so wanted to know.
If it helps at all, you absolutely won't need 4WD or AWD in Moab. All of the roads at the National Parks are paved.

If I may suggest, try to catch the sunrise at Mesa Arch (at Canyonlands -- five minute hike from the parking lot) and/or the sunset at Delicate Arch (in Arches NP, although it's a bit of a hike to get there).

When I went to Moab in May, I had a very new Buick LaCrosse. I had planned on sleeping in my car to catch the sunrise, and it was fantastic.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.