Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at STL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by mbell77
Anyone know what has been in EA or ES lately in STL? Thanks!^
So what did you get in the end? I'm headed there soon. thanks!
Old May 9, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
5/6 at 4 pm or so, terrible selection.

EA was almost empty, 200s and some tiny econobox I didn't recognize. ES was even worse, a bunch of minivans and bare bones Altimas. There was a Santa Fe "sport" (which means "mini") with 17,000 miles on it. I took that, because there were a bunch of vultures waiting around for a better car and I just wanted to get out of there. Just for an extra laugh it still had trash in it and the gas was 3/4 full. Brilliant!

I complained to the attendant but he just shrugged and gaped. Next time I go to STL I'll try hertz.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Boghopper
5/6 at 4 pm or so, terrible selection.

I complained to the attendant but he just shrugged and gaped. Next time I go to STL I'll try hertz.
Last time I was there (4/2) I get to the lot and there is 1 car in Exec (a Infiniti qx60) and some real small Econ cars in EA.
There are two upgrades (a convertible Mustang and another QX60).
The QX60 in the exec lot was dirty, looked like someone shook a soda can and exploded it inside.
The lot attendant told me to take an Econ car or deal with it.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Sunday, 6.22 : 1700

Week-long tour of Central Illinois, so, I sat in the lot for awhile, waiting for a GM vehicle with working XM. STL porters did a great job of keeping the Aisle full...the ES not so much Must have had the same greeter as my buddy, nyctoatl,...the overflow was full, but, he did little in the way of customer service.

ES :

1 x Equinox (6,100 mi odo, Black, MO plates, no XM)
3 x Malibu
1 x Impala Legacy
1 x Journey
1 x Fusion
3 x Altima

EA :

2 x Captiva
1 x 200
1 x Fusion
2 x Sonata
2 x Tucson
2 x Compass
2 x Patriot
2 x CX-5
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Went to STL twice in the past few months. Rented Ford Explorer AWD and Nissan Armada. Saw Ford Mustang Convertible, Fusions, Altimas, Cherokee, CX-5, F-150 quad cab in the Executive.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:36 am

Any recent updates? Picking up on a PCAR res doing a one-way. Side Note: Does anyone one know if you can park a personal car at this facility (although I highly doubt it)? I'll be flying back...
Old May 26, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: Southwest A+/CP, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tstad
Any recent updates? Picking up on a PCAR res doing a one-way. Side Note: Does anyone one know if you can park a personal car at this facility (although I highly doubt it)? I'll be flying back...
The answer to this is no. I just tried it this weekend, and they wouldn't allow it. There is a tiny lot next to the exit that looks to fit 6-7 cars, but I'm not sure who is allowed to park there.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:23 am

Just picked up from STL on a one way PCAR. Ended up getting a Taurus Limited w/ 400 on the odo. Working Sirius and cooled seats. Although not that exciting, I'll put it in the win column....

Normal offerings on the ES, a couple 4Runners in SR5 trims were the only noteable standouts from the norm. EA only had two cars, nothing exciting. Saw a truck load of new redesigned Volvo XC 90s coming in that looked really nice! I wonder how National's will be spec'd out and what class they will be in. Hopefully better spec'd than their S60s.

Good service at this location too, told the greeter I was fine w/ whatever just no Maxima's or S60s. He agreed that the Maximas should not be classed as PCARs.

Upgrade area included a Q50, Mustang Covertable (base), Impala LT
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
late addition

June 7, midnight arrival
had to wait 25 minutes for the bus

ES was the typical garbage for this location, Maximas, Taurii, Impalas

STL has a fond affection for Dodge Journeys and there were a bunch of them as usual

I got a Hyundai Santa Fe, it was a pretty stripped down model

Selection in the EA was about the same or worse

probably one of my least favorite EA/ES locations, though it seems to be better in the winter when they have more SUVs and trucks available.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:57 am

Any recent updates here? Hoping to grab a minivan off of ES the Saturday before Christmas, as my MVAR rate charges for mileage above a certain point. Never have had to rent a minivan before so I don't know what my odds are at this time of year at this location...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by tstad
Any recent updates here? Hoping to grab a minivan off of ES the Saturday before Christmas, as my MVAR rate charges for mileage above a certain point. Never have had to rent a minivan before so I don't know what my odds are at this time of year at this location...
I'm EE with National, and rent from STL a couple times a month.. The ES aisle usually has a ton of SUVs... I've only seen a minivan once, in the EA.

Unfortunately, there's usually never anyone in the aisle to ask about getting one...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:22 pm

Dropped off my rental today at STL and overall a good variety on the ES aisle. Decent variety of cars and SUVs, though nothing spectacular. There were a few 300s and LaCrosses. Nice to see some PCARs in ES at this location.

My rental was a Chrysler T&C that I was able to ask the manager for as there were no minivans on the aisle when I picked up. He tried haggling with me for a few minutes, but then ultimately gave it to me for my FCAR price, which was appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Picked up at STL today - they did not even have a Executive Aisle in fact they only had about 10-15 cars available at all, don't really see the perk of being a "Executive" if they have 0 cars available in that area.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by dgparent
Picked up at STL today - they did not even have a Executive Aisle in fact they only had about 10-15 cars available at all, don't really see the perk of being a "Executive" if they have 0 cars available in that area.
Maybe it's a bit hit and miss. When we picked up in mid November the Exec Aisle was full of cars and had terrific selection, as did the regular aisle.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Just got back from STL. Rented a Durango Citadel from ES. Lots of large SUVs in ES. Smaller SUVs and the standard sedan selection in EA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.