Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Discover Card Cashback for National?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone used Discover Card Cashback for National?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Having the same problem. Worked last week, not accepted this week.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: National car rental
Has discover discontinued the national car rental gift certificate. I was not able to find the paper or e-certificate. Anyone has any idea?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Sometimes they run out and take the redemption option off the site. It usually comes back in a week or two.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by harshasrivatsa
Has discover discontinued the national car rental gift certificate. I was not able to find the paper or e-certificate. Anyone has any idea?
Been about 3 weeks now and they haven't put it back, this includes the other ones too, like enterprise and alamo... I hope this didn't die. It was out during Xmas and then came back after the new year
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Been about 3 weeks now and they haven't put it back, this includes the other ones too, like enterprise and alamo... I hope this didn't die. It was out during Xmas and then came back after the new year
Hope your right and they come back. Was pretty much the only reason I rent from National/Alamo/Enterprise.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Just noticed this was missing. Hope this isn't permanent. I'm noticing a lot of the coupons are blacked out more recently, too.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: National car rental
Hope we get it back. but by the looks of it, we won't be getting back. Discover is on a cost-cutting mission. From March 1st discover discontinued 1. Rental car collision insurance 2. Price protection 3. extended warranty
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by harshasrivatsa
Hope we get it back. but by the looks of it, we won't be getting back. Discover is on a cost-cutting mission. From March 1st discover discontinued 1. Rental car collision insurance 2. Price protection 3. extended warranty
Thanks for pointing this out. So even if the certificates comes back, I don't want to use them anymore since other credit cards require that the entire payment for the rental be made using that card in order to get insurance.

Oh well, glad these certificates lasted as long as they did. I've probably redeemed 30+ of them over the years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.