Emerald Reserve / Emerald Aisle

Old Jul 3, 08, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT View Post
Emerald Reserve refers to reserving a specific category/class of car. If you want a full size SUV (or a Convertible or a Luxury Sedan, etc) specifically and don't want to take a chance on what's in the EA/ES, you can reserve that class of car, thus making an Emerald Reserve reservation.

However National does not allow a reservation of a specific make/model within each category (e.g. you can't reserve a Cadillac STS or a Chevy Suburban, you just have to go with what's available in luxury or SUV). For that you have to go to Hertz.
Thanks Jonathan for the explanation. However, I was under the impression that Premium and Luxury automatically label your service as "Emerald Reserve", b/c there are no Premium or Luxury cars in the regular Executive Selection/Emerald Aisle.
Old Jul 3, 08, 11:05 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by drzoidberg View Post
Thanks Jonathan for the explanation. However, I was under the impression that Premium and Luxury automatically label your service as "Emerald Reserve", b/c there are no Premium or Luxury cars in the regular Executive Selection/Emerald Aisle.
I'm not sure I understand your question... but yes, as I tried to explain, a luxury or premium reservation will be labeled "Emerald Reserve." I think pretty much anything except an EA/ES reservation will be labeled Emerald Reserve if one is an Emerald Club member (compact through luxury/specialty).

Also, I think every once in a while, there are luxury and premium cars in the ES section. One of the perks of ES is the chance that a luxury or premium car might be available. Probably not so much in the EA.
Old Jul 4, 08, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
There have been a couple of times on last-minute weekend rates where the Premium is only $2/day more than the fullsize, but there were no special SUV rates. In those situations, I'll book the premium, but if I find a Trailblazer on the ES, I'll take that instead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: