Cars at FLL

Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by agero2k5
That's definitly fll. I've seen it happening with a real nice equipped ford explorer they put all the base model cars on the aisles and their nicely equipped they either hide it for a friend or at the counter for an extra charge and they really not suppose to do that at all. Alot of people have complained their nasty service in that location.
Indeed. Had I not already been settled in my selected car, I would have walked over and taken the Grand Cherokee just to see what would happen. I doubt the greeter was bothering to make any changes to the hangtag so it still should have read Executive Selection.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, National Exec, WN A/CP
That's funny. I was at FLL at 8:30am on the 9th. Exec was a boring mix of Malibus, Impalas, Altimas and an odd Charger or two. 1 Explorer and an Edge and a Passat that rolled out and was taken. In FLL, I usually have decent luck and normally get an Avalon or a 300. I like to get something different and as this was a day rental, I was actually looking for a Fiat 500 that they didn't have in stock.

It's pot luck here but the shorter, friendly greeter has always been happy to try and pull anything that I ask for.

EA was normal mid and a couple of few fulls as well. Full but boring.

[QUOTE=bocastephen;18899249]Monday July 9 at 3pm

Emerald - Nothing. Nada. Not a single car.

Executive - one GIANT SUV, one Maxima (stripped), one Camry (stripped), one Malibu.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by plagwate
Indeed. Had I not already been settled in my selected car, I would have walked over and taken the Grand Cherokee just to see what would happen. I doubt the greeter was bothering to make any changes to the hangtag so it still should have read Executive Selection.
you would of been lucky cuz they would of chased you or screamed at you and, those greeters there are agressive and grimmy,they all about business they not into customers needs at all in this location at all.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jonnychoc
That's funny. I was at FLL at 8:30am on the 9th. Exec was a boring mix of Malibus, Impalas, Altimas and an odd Charger or two. 1 Explorer and an Edge and a Passat that rolled out and was taken. In FLL, I usually have decent luck and normally get an Avalon or a 300. I like to get something different and as this was a day rental, I was actually looking for a Fiat 500 that they didn't have in stock.

It's pot luck here but the shorter, friendly greeter has always been happy to try and pull anything that I ask for.

EA was normal mid and a couple of few fulls as well. Full but boring.....
The tall greeter who often wears a baseball cap tends to be the least friendly - although he can be reasonable sometimes, his general attitude towards Elites and their requests is not often pleasant.

There are a couple other greeters who do go out of their way to accommodate reasonable requests. The girls who sometimes work the greeter desk tend to be a little lost and clueless at times.

The station needs to step up for its customers - especially Executive Elites and most certainly EEs who are repeat customers. LAX will do almost anything for me (within reason) and is one of my favorite stations, but my home station where I rent most frequently prefers to keep the nicer cars on the Alamo side to upsell to Kettles when it could make a huge difference by periodically putting aside a few nicer cars for EEs and repeat EEs and kept to the side for us - or parked and tagged with our names the way VIP customers are handled.

I've been directing more bookings to PBI where I have a better chance of snagging a nicer car (I'm not looking for a Cadillac - a 300, Avalon or Buick would be great), or doing one-ways where I pick up the junk from FLL and drop it at PBI so I can swap out for something nicer.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
The tall greeter who often wears a baseball cap tends to be the least friendly - although he can be reasonable sometimes, his general attitude towards Elites and their requests is not often pleasant.

There are a couple other greeters who do go out of their way to accommodate reasonable requests. The girls who sometimes work the greeter desk tend to be a little lost and clueless at times.

The station needs to step up for its customers - especially Executive Elites and most certainly EEs who are repeat customers. LAX will do almost anything for me (within reason) and is one of my favorite stations, but my home station where I rent most frequently prefers to keep the nicer cars on the Alamo side to upsell to Kettles when it could make a huge difference by periodically putting aside a few nicer cars for EEs and repeat EEs and kept to the side for us - or parked and tagged with our names the way VIP customers are handled.

I've been directing more bookings to PBI where I have a better chance of snagging a nicer car (I'm not looking for a Cadillac - a 300, Avalon or Buick would be great), or doing one-ways where I pick up the junk from FLL and drop it at PBI so I can swap out for something nicer.
also another good location is MIA the staff there are very pleasant and fair.they all about serving their best customers even the people at the booths.you can ask a greeter for any type of car you looking for like one day the EE aisle had nothing but trucks and they ask me you want some in specific?i told them i want the honda accord in alamo and they went and got it for me.Also a EE member coming in wanted a caddy DTS and they didn't have available and 10 minutes later he got it.So an alternative to FLL where i mostly fly into i take the train to MIA cuz of their service even the staff at MIA has told me alot of customers have come in to swap their cars from FLL and that FLL has alot of bad complaints cuz they don't like to treat their customers like they suppose to.MCO is the biggest one thay have everything you are looking for and their EE section is full of everything.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by agero2k5
also another good location is MIA the staff there are very pleasant and fair.they all about serving their best customers even the people at the booths.you can ask a greeter for any type of car you looking for like one day the EE aisle had nothing but trucks and they ask me you want some in specific?i told them i want the honda accord in alamo and they went and got it for me.Also a EE member coming in wanted a caddy DTS and they didn't have available and 10 minutes later he got it.So an alternative to FLL where i mostly fly into i take the train to MIA cuz of their service even the staff at MIA has told me alot of customers have come in to swap their cars from FLL and that FLL has alot of bad complaints cuz they don't like to treat their customers like they suppose to.MCO is the biggest one thay have everything you are looking for and their EE section is full of everything.
If I end up going to Miami this week to see friends, I might take my 300C down there to check out the aisle - although I'm not sure what else they would have that would incite me to trade. I certainly don't want a Cadillac - but one of the new Buicks would be nice.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:35 am

If I end up going to Miami this week to see friends, I might take my 300C down there to check out the aisle - although I'm not sure what else they would have that would incite me to trade. I certainly don't want a Cadillac - but one of the new Buicks would be nice.
yeah at MIA they have 3 buicks the verano,lacrosse and the regal you will not have a problem with that also they have hyundai genesis,infiniti g37,lots of avalons and 300 and also sometimes a volvo s60 or the volvo xc 70 wagon.remember if you don't see it in the EE aisle you can see what alamo has and the national attendant will be glad to give it to you without a problem if you are a EE member.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
How far is rental car place from the southwest terminal?
I will be arriving here at 11:00 pm, and I have two checked baggage. i know national close at 11:59, do i have enough time to get my baggage and go to national counter by 11:59? any recommendation? I will be staying at miami blue which is 30 mins drive from FLL.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
How far is rental car place from the southwest terminal?
I will be arriving here at 11:00 pm, and I have two checked baggage. i know national close at 11:59, do i have enough time to get my baggage and go to national counter by 11:59? any recommendation? I will be staying at miami blue which is 30 mins drive from FLL.
1) Southwest Airlines (WN) is located in Terminal 1 at FLL so you won't need to deal with the shuttle bus. Getting there is really a matter of how quickly WN offloads your bags and how quickly you you can walk to the rental car garage.

2) All of this advice may be a moot point since the counter closes at 11:59 and opens right back up at midnight. In other words, according to national.com this is a 24-hour location.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
1) Southwest Airlines (WN) is located in Terminal 1 at FLL so you won't need to deal with the shuttle bus. Getting there is really a matter of how quickly WN offloads your bags and how quickly you you can walk to the rental car garage.

2) All of this advice may be a moot point since the counter closes at 11:59 and opens right back up at midnight. In other words, according to national.com this is a 24-hour location.
My bad, I thought they close at 11:59 and open again in the morning. Basically, they are open 23 hours and 59 min? that's awesome!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:41 am

What can i expect for luxury car?
any new bmw 3? or CTS?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
What can i expect for luxury car?
any new bmw 3? or CTS?
At FLL, you might be lucky if the spot isn't filled with 300's (which it was last time I had a luxury rental there).
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by piper28
At FLL, you might be lucky if the spot isn't filled with 300's (which it was last time I had a luxury rental there).
I'd rather have the 300 - and if you check them carefully, there are some fully loaded touring models there mixed in with the more basic ones.

They keep the odd BMW over at the Alamo lane for 'upsells', as this location never misses a chance to upsell anything to dumb tourists.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:07 pm

I'd rather have the 300 - and if you check them carefully, there are some fully loaded touring models there mixed in with the more basic ones.

They keep the odd BMW over at the Alamo lane for 'upsells', as this location never misses a chance to upsell anything to dumb tourists.
I wouldn't pay luxury rate for 300's,also isn't 300's premium?
does MIA has better choice than FLL?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:49 pm

300 is premium.. As I have said before.. If offered a 300 as luxury one should insist on something better or a rate adjustment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.