Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:24 am

Premium / luxury at FLL

Any updates on the cars offered as premium / luxury at FLL?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:51 am

Smile Emeral Reserve Cars at FLL?

Anyone notice lately what kind of cars Emerald Reserve has in FLL? Wife and I are going on vacation with NO KIDS!!! and I was just curious. Thanks.

Kev
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by The Kevman
Anyone notice lately what kind of cars Emerald Reserve has in FLL? Wife and I are going on vacation with NO KIDS!!! and I was just curious. Thanks.

Kev
I'm sure you mean Emerald Aisle - in which case see the latest posts in this thread that I've merged your question into.

Emerald Reserve means you get the size that you reserved - eg Chev Impala for Full Size - Chrysler 300 / Mercury Grand Marquis for Premium.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:49 pm

To add a data point for Exec and Emerald aisles today at FLL, a Saturday at about 2 PM:

Exec: About 6 300Ms, a few base model Camrys, a grand marquis, an Explorer, the rest impalas, small SUVs or other crap.

Emerald: Base impalas, base sebrings, avenger base, avenger sxt, base hyundais, more base camrys and a base accord.

Postscript: I took a base Sebring from the Emerald aisle which at least had working XM. The 300M probably would also but I feel wasteful driving a car that monstrous with only one passenger.

Edit: Looked over toward the luxury aisle and it had the same stuff as EA, with a few extra Cadillac DTS.

Last edited by j_ny_flyer; Sep 19, 2010 at 8:02 pm
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA MM
Any recent updates to the Exec selection at FLL? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Originally Posted by GottaGoFlying
Any recent updates to the Exec selection at FLL? Thanks in advance.
They just added quite a few Jeep Cherokee Laredos when I was there this past week. 2k miles or so on the one I got. Other than that a nice selection of midsize suv's, Chrysler 300's, and such.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: SW Gold, DL Siver, CO Silver
FLL

had a brand new grand cherokee last week, 100 miles or so, Dodge Nitro a few weeks ago, camry about a month ago, various Kis SUVs. The Grand Cherokee was real nice... i intend to rent that again. On Fri nights, the staff at the Emerald Club aisle are excellent and have been super helpful. We have a baby, and onetime forgot our car seat... this was no problem... he went to the closet and pulled out a brand new seat... great service.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:41 pm

Last trip to FLL, I got there at 10:00 PM. Emerald Aisle was all Chevy Impalas and Malibus, except for one Ford Taurus.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by Brinch
Is National at FLL open 24/7?
I know this is long after your trip, but in case someone else asks... you can go to National's site (nationalcar.com), select Locations, and find out all the information about a specific site. National at FLL is:

Hours:
Sun-Sat: 12:00 am 11:59 pm

So yes, 24 hrs.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Two visits to the Aisle last week trying to get a good car for my parent's seasonal rental.

On Day One, I spent about 90 minutes waiting for something good - Executive was all SUVs and the regular Aisle had basic cars which barely registered as midsize (i.e. Elantra). Nothing good came up, so I ended up taking a Ford Fusion.

On Day Two, returning to see if I could swap the Fusion for something nicer, the Exec lane was still mostly SUVs, but one older Buick in bad shape was there. The regular Aisle had a bunch of Sonatas and more Fusions.

A 2011 Lacrosse was driven up for someone who was negotiating an upgrade - he didn't take the car, so I was able to take it (I think the attendants just wanted me the hell out of their hair after two days of car hunting and driving them nuts ).

Will wash, rinse and repeat the process at the end of February when the next month's rental kicks in.

I'm hopeful there will be a Cadillac, convertible or Lincoln on the Exec Aisle when I get there, but I won't hold my breath.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
I picked up tonight around 8pm. ES had a 2010 Chrysler 300, impalas, grand marques, volvo s40 and a base challenger.
EA had a 2011 base charger (someone jumped in as i was walking over) a sonata, a few grand marques, many impalas, and a 2011 fusion with working Sirius and 1600 miles that i took.
As i was leaving, they brought up 3 Buick Lucernes and some more impalas.

I glanced over at the Alamo Specialty area and they had an Expedition XL, 2 2011 Saab 9-5's, a challenger and a sebring convertible.

In the SUV area there was 1 2009 V8 Kia Borrega and a 2010 Jeep Liberty
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was at FLL on Saturday afternoon swapping out the Dodge I was given by the local station for Month Two of my multi-month marathon rental.

The aisle had nothing of real value - just Malibus, a couple of Impalas (although two were LTZ models with leather), and some Jeep and other-type SUVs. No Buicks, although I asked the attendent who checked in the marshaling area, but was unable to locate one.

After 45 mins of waiting for something good to show up, they brought a 300 Touring model to the Alamo area and I arranged to take that car.

In the rather lengthly period of time I've spent at the facility in the past month, I've *never* seen a convertible, true premium or luxury car in the Aisle. The Buick Lacrosse from last month and the 300 for this month were "gifts" from the attendants who were probably just tired of seeing me standing there with a woeful look.

When I get my next car in late March, if I see a convertible, MKZ or Cadillac in the Aisle, I'll probably have a stroke from the excitement.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Picked up a rental on March 8th for a family vacation. From what I remember ES had a new KIA Sorrento, couple of 300's, new Jeep Cherokee, and a brand new Town and Country Limited, which I took very quickly. Fully loaded (Leather, power everything, dvd with 2 rear screens, SAT radio) and only 1500 miles. Was absolutely perfect for us and the kids loved the extra space.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Was there March 18th. 90% Impalas, one camry and a couple altimas and a charger which I grabbed.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
Picked up a car today, the aisle had a few vans, a Suburban, some impalas/altimas/camrys/sonatas. I took a sonata for the satellite radio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.