Cars at FLL

Old Sep 14, 20, 9:59 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Has anyone rented from here recently? If so, what cars were available in the aisle?
Old Sep 14, 20, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, National Executive Elite, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SW A List
Originally Posted by giulianobv View Post
Has anyone rented from here recently? If so, what cars were available in the aisle?
The last time I rented was in July and they had zero cars on the aisles. Had to wait like 10 mins for cars to come up, there were a few of us waiting. We ended up with a Jeep Cherokee, people in front of us got a Rogue. We will be heading into the busier winter season soon so it will be interesting to see if they increase their fleet size again.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 15, 20, 11:00 am

In June, I snagged an Altima (under 5k) by going to ALAMO on my National swap-out
Old Oct 2, 20, 8:52 am

MSP_Monopoly & SinglePapa2: thanks for the info!
Old Oct 2, 20, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
In June, I snagged an Altima (under 5k) by going to ALAMO on my National swap-out
How this swap-out works?
Old Oct 3, 20, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by giulianobv View Post
How this swap-out works?
If you have car issues during your rental, you can try to swap out at any branch. Your contract doesn't change; they can replace vehicle data on your paper, if you wish

On this day, FLL's National had no cars on Aisle, so they referred me to Alamo counter
Old Nov 2, 20, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Picked up oct 30. Extremely small selection in exec aisle. Two sentries, an altima, fusion (non titanium trim) and three jeep compass suvs. Asked for c300 woth Alamo and was denied.
Old Nov 18, 20, 10:34 pm

Any recent experiences? May be renting here next week. Trying to decide between the aisle or luxury
Old Nov 27, 20, 8:47 pm

Last sat 11/21 around 10 pm no cars and several irritated ppl waiting. Even more ppl waiting nearby at either Enterprise or Alamo.
Hertz had cars - this is the third time post covid national was out or near out of cars forcing me to hertz (prev were SEA and DEN but at least those had some basic cars..).
Old Dec 20, 20, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up 12/19 at 12 PM

A pretty yawn inducing selection of mainly midsized SUVs and a few sedans. I ended up in a Jeep Cherokee with 6,500 miles. Somewhat disappointing.
Sweet Willie and xienon like this.
Old Jan 4, 21, 4:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
A pretty yawn inducing selection of mainly midsized SUVs and a few sedans.
Agreed, just rented over Christmas & NYE. Ended up with Rav4
Old Mar 1, 21, 4:37 am

FLL on a Saturday morning was 100% SUVs, pickup trucks, and minivans on ES/EA. No sedans or coupes. The highlights were a couple Ford Expeditions, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Chevy Traverse, and a Mazda CX-9.

The rest were all run-of-the-mill Chevy Equinoxes, Nissan Rogues, etc.
Old Mar 1, 21, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National EE
I have not seen anything exciting at FLL in EA/ES section in the past 5 years. This location is known to be cheap. If you want good selection, fly to PBI instead (except during the pandemic).

Whenever I fly into FLL, I just get a Luxury rental as the price is not that much of a difference.
Old Mar 1, 21, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
A few months ago they had a decent selection. I agree , I normally just reserve what I want since the price there hasnít been much different

Search this Thread
Search Engine: