Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly

The aisle attendant will look at their rez and usually just say take whatever you want from either aisle. Unless it’s something super specific that was reserved, then they will go grab it for you.
In my experience at FLL, no. They'll try and find something that is near that class on the emerald aisle and tell you to take that one. If you really fight them sometimes they will find one on the executive aisle, but usually send you back inside.I don't thin this is how things work at other locations, but on a few occasions at FLL this is what happened to me.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:22 pm

So I ended up getting a brand new nissan pathfinder SV model with 120 miles on it. It has plenty of room, some good features with blind spot, back up camera, back up sensors, touch screen. No nav, no xm and no leather. The lot attendant was not very helpful and somewhat rude. They had a dodge journey and several small pickups. Nothing to exciting.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Brett Gallitto
So I ended up getting a brand new nissan pathfinder SV model with 120 miles on it. It has plenty of room, some good features with blind spot, back up camera, back up sensors, touch screen. No nav, no xm and no leather. The lot attendant was not very helpful and somewhat rude. They had a dodge journey and several small pickups. Nothing to exciting.
Pathfinders are common on the EA. What class did you reserve?

Just so you aren't turned off, my experience lately is that FLL is the only airport like this, and I have had much better service at LAX, SFO, MCO, and others.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Pathfinders are common on the EA. What class did you reserve?

Just so you aren't turned off, my experience lately is that FLL is the only airport like this, and I have had much better service at LAX, SFO, MCO, and others.
I am an executive member. I can't complain too much, the car was brand new. It was just very different from the last time I was there the girl told me I could take any car including the Yukon.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:19 pm

Arrived 11/24 at FLL. Not a wide selection.

Executive: Chevy Impala, Dodge Challenger, Ford Fusion Hybrid, couple SUVs

Regular Aisle: Nissan Altima, Chevy Impala
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:19 am

11/22 morning, about the same selection as above except no Challenger or similar sporty cars, got a base model Wrangler off Exec aisle.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
My experience with FLL is that they will never go out of the way to get you the car you want (unlike TPA, PBI, or MIA). They will just point to the aisle and say that's all we have. Most of their selection is pretty basic as well.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
My experience with FLL is that they will never go out of the way to get you the car you want (unlike TPA, PBI, or MIA). They will just point to the aisle and say that's all we have. Most of their selection is pretty basic as well.
I was just looking at PBI, on flyer talk. It doesnt get updated nearly as much as fll. But, from some reports, they had explorers and jeep grand Cherokees. I would much rather have one of those, than a pathfinder. It was odd at fll, they had a lot of trucks. I dont mind a truck, but without a cover on the truck bed, you could be screwed if you have 5 people and you put your luggage in the bed then it starts to rain.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:43 am

Busy packed, Noon on a Friday

Just left the FLL location. No Emerald Aisle --- it was packed with clean cars to be put out on either the Enterprise or Alamo rows. They were letting people take from the Executive Aisle, which had a lot of Chevy Impalas, a new Buick convertible, a Ford Edge and a 4Runner, and a few of the Nissan Sedans. I couldn't reserve a full-size, lux or premium SUV so had to reserve a standard. I asked them to see if I could get a Expedition, Suburban or Tahoe, they said those were totally out but braught up a PGAR for me - Chevy Traverse, leather, under 6000 miles, Capt's chairs, 3rd row.
​​

I've never had any complaints at this location, other then over the course of a year renting maybe 8-10x I've had 2x rentals that smelled like smoke once I got out of the garage and into the sunlight
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Pretty good experience at FLL. Was hoping for a 7 seater on ES but had a backup minivan reservation just in case. Ended up finding a Flex Limited on the ES that I really wanted but reeked badly of smoke so I talked to one of the staff there and he managed to fetch me a almost brand new QX60,

Other than the Flex, ES only had 10 cars or so including a sorento, 2 V60 XC wagons, 2 santa fe's, and assorted full size sedans.

EA was all midsize or full size sedans.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
What a lovely location.

Arrived to having some sort of a Challenger RT in PS
EA- Empty
ES- 1X Tundra
- 1X Cascada
- 1X Tucson (that was quickly snatched up)

Asked the lovely employees if they had anything coming. Their response was to tell me to take the Cascada. Politely declined. Then told that the Tundra only had 200 miles and I should take it anyways.
Well they were I guess playing hardball with me and even though vehicles were coming up (couple Rogues, a 4Runner, Mazda 6, Cherokee, QX60 (that would've been ok if it wasn't for the fact it "had a third row so that would be an upgrade")) they would stop short, talk to the greeter, then drive down the aisle and over towards Alamo. When asked a "they are all over mileage" was given. This went on for an odd 15-20 minutes (by this point only the Tundra was left) before a brand new, still with the wrapper on it, 19 Maxima pulled up and then drove away "well you see someone needed a premium car at Alamo". I told him that wouldn't an exec with National, that has been waiting for a car, should get priority over a brand new car considering your entire fleet seems to be over mileage? That was responded with them giving me the next car to come up. A Murano platinum, MA tags, a funky soiled milk smell inside and get this....22k
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:21 pm
RJ1

Very late night arrival at FLL, limited choices. Took a brand new Cascada convertible with just 7 miles. Plastic protective covering still on interior surfaces. Only had it overnight and didn’t put the top down. This model has poor rear view visibility.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RJ1
Very late night arrival at FLL, limited choices. Took a brand new Cascada convertible with just 7 miles. Plastic protective covering still on interior surfaces. Only had it overnight and didn’t put the top down. This model has poor rear view visibility.
Cant wait!!! Will be working in the FLL area in a couple of weeks. Hope I have better reports.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
ES was nothing special. Actually there was hardly anything there. A Camry, a few Elantra’s, a pickup or two, journey, and some impalas. I decided I would take the Mini Countryman as I like to try cars I haven’t driven before.

ginmqi and Joonydell like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:57 pm

Once again an underwhelming EA and ES. Had to push the manager to get this Camaro I saw sitting at Alamo. Funny thing is a guy standing there with me had an LCAR reservation and he was able to also push to get a 5 series. This is just one of those Nationals you must go to with no expectations 😆

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.