Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:05 am

Was there yesterday, 8/21 at around 10am. They were running low on cars so not a terrific selection on ES with quite a few Altimas and Malibus. I waited for a bit and got a Maxima, though with about 20k miles. Still a very nice ride. I wanted a Volvo so stuck around for a while, and they kept bringing a lot of midsize SUVs. Also saw some Mustang convertibles.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Aug 29th, 11:30pm

Lots of Hyundai SUVs, some Nissan Rogues, a VW Beetle Convertible!, mustang convertible, and other misc basics. Was nice to see a wider selection of cars this time around.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:03 am

I was there around 6:30 pm on Friday 8/31 for the holiday weekend. Decent selection. Initially there was a bunch of Nissan, Hyundai, and Kia SUVs. But a Ford Flex showed up, an Explorer, and a Wrangler.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Saturday, 9/8 around 4:30 had lots of Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2-3 Nissans, a few Kias and Chevy sedans. A GMC truck, GMC Acadia (taken), Ford Edge (Taken), and Jeep Cherokee with 11k. We opted for the Jeep. As we left a Mazda Miata showed up, but it looked like T-Top style and not a traditional convertible.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by tvick1988
Saturday, 9/8 around 4:30 had lots of Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2-3 Nissans, a few Kias and Chevy sedans. A GMC truck, GMC Acadia (taken), Ford Edge (Taken), and Jeep Cherokee with 11k. We opted for the Jeep. As we left a Mazda Miata showed up, but it looked like T-Top style and not a traditional convertible.
The Miata is a Retractable hardtop, like the BMW 4 series. Really slick! Get it next time, they are a hoot to drive as long as you don't have hardly any luggage.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:14 pm

Sunday 10/29 - 8:30 AM

Both Aisles were full. Saw a lot of Impala's on the Executive Aisle, as well as Nissian Muranos, and both Reg Cab and Quad Cab F150s. Nothing stood out like a fully loaded Explorer, XTS, or Sports cars/Clnvertables. The greeter said they sold out of Caddy's when we asked - ended up taking a PXAR Chry 300 top trim level. (White, Leather, Entertainment Sys).

They had one PFAR - A white Suburban, parked right by the Emerald booth, that the greeter said someone had a res for. Also saw a couple of Jeep Wranglers off at the far end near the exit booths in the area where the vans used as shuttles park. Usually the reserved cars are parked on the other side of the booth between National and Alamo's aisles, so I thought it was odd those were over there.

Does National @ FLL even have class aisles or just EC & EE? I didn't notice and have always been EC when renting there.

This forum is great BTW. Wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Last edited by Sig20jlb; Oct 29, 2018 at 6:07 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Sig20jlb
Both Aisles were full. Saw a lot of Impala's on the Executive Aisle, as well as Nissian Muranos, and both Reg Cab and Quad Cab F150s. Nothing stood out like a fully loaded Explorer, XTS, or Sports cars/Clnvertables. The greeter said they sold out of Caddy's when we asked - ended up taking a PXAR Chry 300 top trim level. (White, Leather, Entertainment Sys).

They had one PFAR - A white Suburban, parked right by the Emerald booth, that the greeter said someone had a res for. Also saw a couple of Jeep Wranglers off at the far end near the exit booths in the area where the vans used as shuttles park. Usually the reserved cars are parked on the other side of the booth between National and Alamo's aisles, so I thought it was odd those were over there.

Does National @ FLL even have class aisles or just EC & EE? I didn't notice and have always been EC when renting there.

This forum is great BTW. Wish I would have discovered it sooner.
Nope. IMO, Fll is one of the worst of the locations. It seems the help there really just doesn't give a ****. I rented from there Friday night, around 10:30pm. Awful lot of Santa Fe Sports, Rogues, smaller jeeps (not Wranglers) and a few pickups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason what goes on each lot.

I ended up asking about and getting an Edge that was off to one side. It was a bit higher mileage, not well equipped, but I wanted to try driving one. One thing I will not, the post above excepted, every time I have asked about something better they always pull up a Caddy. Seen it happen with other people as well.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Nope. IMO, Fll is one of the worst of the locations. It seems the help there really just doesn't give a ****. I rented from there Friday night, around 10:30pm. Awful lot of Santa Fe Sports, Rogues, smaller jeeps (not Wranglers) and a few pickups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason what goes on each lot.

I ended up asking about and getting an Edge that was off to one side. It was a bit higher mileage, not well equipped, but I wanted to try driving one. One thing I will not, the post above excepted, every time I have asked about something better they always pull up a Caddy. Seen it happen with other people as well.
So what does someone with the class res with National do? Get turned around at the exit booth if they take the wrong class? Or get told to take from the Alamo aisles?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:39 am

I will be flying into FLL on Sunday morning. I got 5 people including me with a executive emerald isle reservation. Last time i was down there 2 years ago i got a yukon slt. I showed the employee my executive card and the employee working there told me i could take any car except for the corvette lol). The yukon had almost every option other than a sunroof. What are the odds of not getting at least a ford explorer sized SUV? I wouldn't mind a truck either, but do they have covers on the truck bed?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Brett Gallitto
I will be flying into FLL on Sunday morning. I got 5 people including me with a executive emerald isle reservation. Last time i was down there 2 years ago i got a yukon slt. I showed the employee my executive card and the employee working there told me i could take any car except for the corvette lol). The yukon had almost every option other than a sunroof. What are the odds of not getting at least a ford explorer sized SUV? I wouldn't mind a truck either, but do they have covers on the truck bed?
As for the truck bed covering...I've seen many trucks on National aisle and have never seen a truck with a bed cover.

As for a larger sized SUV on the aisle...definitely YMMV. Though people who frequent the FLL location could give better insights. In general busy times/seasons are less likely to have those larger SUVs on the aisle as they are likely to be directly reserved by customers.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
As for the truck bed covering...I've seen many trucks on National aisle and have never seen a truck with a bed cover.

As for a larger sized SUV on the aisle...definitely YMMV. Though people who frequent the FLL location could give better insights. In general busy times/seasons are less likely to have those larger SUVs on the aisle as they are likely to be directly reserved by customers.
I am assuming next week is not really considered a busy time, right? More like major holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and of course spring break.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Brett Gallitto
I am assuming next week is not really considered a busy time, right? More like major holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and of course spring break.
Yeah should be fine. Not near thanksgiving yet. Ask politely and lot of times people have said lot attendants will pull up a nice vehicle for you as well
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Yeah should be fine. Not near thanksgiving yet. Ask politely and lot of times people have said lot attendants will pull up a nice vehicle for you as well
thank you! I will definitely ask the lot attendant.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:12 am

Picked up on the 7th. No big SUV's of any kind. If you wanted a 7 seater, there were basically no options on the aisle's other than Grand Caravans.

EA
Pick your color Grand Caravan
Slew of Tucson's, Camry's, Altima's, Escape's
One sole Dodge Journey

All of the good stuff was parked on Alamo side as usual. Walked through and saw Yukon's, Escalade's, Navigators, BMW's, Infiniti's and a few more.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sig20jlb
So what does someone with the class res with National do? Get turned around at the exit booth if they take the wrong class? Or get told to take from the Alamo aisles?
The aisle attendant will look at their rez and usually just say take whatever you want from either aisle. Unless it’s something super specific that was reserved, then they will go grab it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.