Cars at FLL

Old Dec 3, 17, 7:22 pm

Picked up today at 3:30pm

ES was a Chevy love fest if you wanted a car.
- Impala's & Malibu's galore
- 2x Altima SV (took one and enjoying it)
- 1x Sentra
- 1x Explorer
- 1x Pathfinder (no keys)
- 1x Maxima (32000 miles...)
- 3x Equinox
- 2x Traverse
- A mix of small SUV's ( Santa Fe's, Tucsons, Jeeps)
Old Dec 18, 17, 4:40 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Stopped by Friday at 11 AM with EA and ES all completely stocked, albeit with nothing interesting. I ended up renting from Hertz since it was almost $50 less. I have no status with them anymore whereas I'm Executive with National, but nothing justified the price difference.

EA was your color choice of:
Sonata
Malibu
Altima SV
Rogue

ES:
1x Cadillac XTS parked in VIP and locked
1x Mustang Convertible in VIP and locked
1x 2018 Buick LaCrosse not in VIP but also locked
1x Charger V6 in school bus yellow
1x Challenger V6 SXT in arrest me red
1x Nissan Murano
Handful of Sonatas and Rogues
Impala's galore (majority of ES)

Upgrade area had one Audi A4, older body style. They had a ton of cars parked along the aisles ready to be moved, including some interesting cars towards the front including Edges, Camaros, Mustangs, Expeditions, Tahoes, etc. There were several people waiting to speak to the employees in the booth, who didn't seem interested in really helping anyone, so I moved on.
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:55 pm

Long time, first time....now itís time to give back....
Tuesday February 6th at about noon.

Didnít check out EA but ES had a great selection.....

ES:
2 x Audi Q5
2 x Audi A6
1 x Infinity Q50
1 x BMW X3
2 x Ford Mustangs Convertibles both loaded
1 x Chevy Camero Convertible Lt cloth
2 x Chevy Camero hardtops
1 x Dodge Challenger
1 x Chevy Silverado
1 x Ford Explorer Xlt
1 x Chevy Impala Lt
1 x Volvo SUV
6+ Tahoeís & Yukonís

I grabbed an A6

Everything was moving super fast and the cars generally didnít sit very long before they were gone. National did a good job trying to keep up with the rush, but the few employees I encountered were generally not very friendly.

Old Feb 16, 18, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, National Executive Elite, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SW A List
Wow that is an incredible selection of cars! Hope it’s similar when I am there next month.
Old Mar 3, 18, 6:29 am

Terrible cars available at FLL yesterday (3/2) @ 12pm. Executive and Emerald Isles were together. Manager (Gino) and staff were completely disengaged, quite rude and oblivious to the lack of vehicles available or the customers needs/wants. Waited 45 minutes to get a vehicle and ended up with a base model Expedition that had 38,000 miles. Most customers had 2 standard size vehicles to choose or 3-4 fullsize pick-up trucks (base model). I am going to try and swap my vehicle out tomorrow morning - hoping for something a tad bit smaller and more useful.

Photo of situation. Please note that there were customers in the Durango and Santa Fe. The Minivan had no keys. Basically no vehicles, causing people to have to wait for whatever vehicle showed up.

Brutal experience, was over disappointed as an Executive Elite who rents a lot of cars from National.
Gammur likes this.
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
What a crazy day at FLL yesterday (4/16) - not sure if this is a typical Monday, but I've never seen so many luxury or high end cars in an Aisle at any location in more years than I can remember. Cadillacs galore, Lincoln, BWM, Mercedes, sedans, SUVs, crossovers - it was nonstop, and lasted much of the day as I went after lunch to swap my recalled Fusion, then came back after dropping someone at the terminal and found more Cadillacs and was ready to go with one until I received a call to come home so I abandoned the Cadillac and ran....came back around 9p and expected to find crap, but found more Cadillacs, BWM, Mercedes and two hybrid titanium fusions post-recall-repair, and I took one.
Old Apr 29, 18, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, National Executive Elite, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SW A List
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
What a crazy day at FLL yesterday (4/16) - not sure if this is a typical Monday, but I've never seen so many luxury or high end cars in an Aisle at any location in more years than I can remember. Cadillacs galore, Lincoln, BWM, Mercedes, sedans, SUVs, crossovers - it was nonstop, and lasted much of the day as I went after lunch to swap my recalled Fusion, then came back after dropping someone at the terminal and found more Cadillacs and was ready to go with one until I received a call to come home so I abandoned the Cadillac and ran....came back around 9p and expected to find crap, but found more Cadillacs, BWM, Mercedes and two hybrid titanium fusions post-recall-repair, and I took one.
This is typical for this time of year at FLL. High season is over and they have an inflated number of high end cars that are not in as much demand so this is typical from now through the Summer. In the Fall it will go back to crap such as Impalas and Pick-up trucks.
Old May 27, 18, 10:29 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
This past Tuesday night approx. 9:30 p.m.

Executive Aisle:
Jeep Wrangler
Nissan Murano
Hyunda Santa Fe
Chrysler Pacifica
Nissan Rogue
Nissan Pathfinder
Nissan Altima
Toyota Camry
Chevy Malibu
Chevy Impala
Ford Explorer Limited (which I took)
Mazda CX 5
Nissan Armada
Toyota 4Runner

Emerald Aisle:
Nissan Rogue
Chevy Equinox
Hyundai Elantra
Nissan Altima
Hyundai Tucson
Toyota Camry
Old Jun 6, 18, 5:03 pm

Programs: National Rental Car
Pickup on Friday, 6/1 around 1pm
Mostly SUVs but I needed a car with a trunk. I'll admit, I was really hoping for a bright yellow 'in your face, Florida' sports car (Mustang/Camaro) -- what a disappointment.

Executive Aisle:
Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai Tucson (tons of them)
Ford Escape
Toyota Rav4 (tons of them)
Nissan Rogue
Nissan Murano SV
Nissan Altima SV
Toyota Camry SE (two)
Chevy Impala (two)
Dodge Charger
I strolled to the EA aisle and it was just more of the same

Alamo had a really nice 4 door Black Jeep Wrangler. Was thinking about asking if I could take that instead.
Old Jun 25, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: AA
Any reports on what they have for Luxury at FLL? Do they even have a separate luxury aisle?
Old Jun 25, 18, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
Any reports on what they have for Luxury at FLL? Do they even have a separate luxury aisle?
There is no Luxury Aisle at FLL - just give your name to the booth attendant, tell them you have a luxury reservation, and there might be a car put aside for you, or they will need to call one up. You can state a preference for make/model and they are usually accommodating with requests, but will likely send you over to the Alamo section to find something of interest, however those cars tend to be really beaten up.
Old Jun 27, 18, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Gold, Hhonors Gold
Friday, 6/22 at 8pm:

Executive Aisle:
- pick you color Hyundai Santa Fe (there were at least 15-20 of them)
- a handful of Nissan Muranos
- Toyota Highlander
- a couple Nissan Altimas

Had been hoping for a minivan or larger SUV. Took the Highlander (super base model, sadly)
Old Jul 6, 18, 9:43 am

Picked up Tuesday 7/3 at 11pm.

Tons of Hyundai SUVs. A Murano, a Pathfinder, Altima, Jeep Compass, a few Rogues. I circled the exec and emerald aisles to see if anything better was hiding. Then found a Mazda CX-5 that was fully loaded. Had 10k miles on it so a little bit beat up but itís really nice and drives great. Has sunroof, nav, heated seats, leather, power memory seats, etc. The interior finishes are same or better than the comparable Audi Q3.
Old Aug 15, 18, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA
Just a heads up - they do not have a full size section at this location. If you reserve a full size they will just point you to the Emerald Aisle. If you complain they just find the nearest SUV in the aisle and try to give you that.
Old Aug 15, 18, 11:11 pm

Anything good in the aisle?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: