Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: I fly for free.
I wrote it just to annoy you ^

I'm wasting time because these erroneous car sightings are getting to be a problem not just in this instance but in many others (which I've ignored, perhaps foreseeing that someone would eventually call my nitpicking when I pointed out one of these errors). It's annoying on a practical level when one can't deduce in many cases that the only alternative is car X like in this case. Stop being so sensitive, it's not as if I went on some name calling tirade.

Hey - no making fun of the Grand Wagoneer. I miss my old Woody!
Wasn't making fun of it, was, and still is a great car! Just don't expect a modern 5.7L V8 in that thing like you shouldn't expect an updated VQ 3.7L in the 350Z

Last edited by PA42; Dec 28, 2015 at 11:38 am
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:14 pm

Saturday a couple weeks ago, around 2pm

ES:
370Z
Mustang (bottom trim)
everything else was bland trim sedans. Think there were a couple Impala's, but just LT trim.

Would have liked to try the 370Z, but we had way too much luggage, there was no way it would have fit. Ended up taking the Mustang even though it wasn't the Premium trim, which is far better, but still more interesting than anything else there for the 1 day we had it.

Returning (different car) on Sunday 1/3:
Complete and total fiasco. For those familiar with FLL, the big loop that you do coming in before you turn left into the rental car garage was backed up around 3/4 of the way through it. Took somewhere along the lines of 45 minutes to go that distance (which is probably less than a mile). Thought for sure we'd miss our flight. Once we got up to the rental car return area, the only place with a line was going down to the national/alamo/enterprise return area, so I'm relatively convinced that this entire backup was due to them. At the return area it was completely packed, and they were pulling cars in as they could clear space, and basically looked like they were just writing the numbers down from the cars as they came in, not scanning them in at all. (Yes, I think there were 8 ships in port this day, and it's that first sunday of the new year, but I've traveled on that same equivalent day with that many ships before, and never experienced anything like it. No idea why it was that big of a mess.)
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:37 pm

Date: Friday 2/12 at 4:30pm

PS:
1x Chevrolet Tahoe LT
1x Maserati Ghibli

ES:
1x Murano S
1x Buick Lacrosse (fully Loaded)
1x Jeep Cherokee Limited
4x Jeep Cherokee Latitude
1x Hyundai SantaFe (needed the space)
1x Dodge Grand Caravan R/T
1x Nissan Maxima
4x Hyundai Sonata
+ other fullsize sedans

Overflow(which I didn't see or would have taken one of them):
1x Suburban
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1x Buick Enclave
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:21 am

Deleted...

Last edited by FoxDK; Feb 28, 2016 at 3:04 am
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:00 am

This is the National forum. Please post your question in the area for Dollar/Thrifty, and now that Hertz bought them, have a look there, too.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Date: Friday 2/24 at 12:30pm

PS:
Corvette Convertble and Maserati Ghibli

ES:
Town and Country, Caravan, Rouge, Malibu (old), Journey, 4runner, Impala LT, Terrain, and other normal stuff

EA:
Hyundai Sonata, Jeep Renegade, 200, plus other normal stuff

Took the 4Runner, just a base SR5 with NAV with 8k miles.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Sun March 20th, around 10AM. Lots of returns given this was the end of Spring Break.

Only paid attention to EA as this was what I was eligible for. Saw lots of Jeeps, a few Camrys, 200, and Nissan Altima/Maxima (wasn't sure which one). Finally saw a Fiat 500L with Sirius XM activated and NAV so jumped on that.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:42 pm

Thusday March 17th around 3pm.

ES:
Muscle car city (hooray)
2x Charger
Challenger
Camaro (poor head room and visibility)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium with ~2000 miles Took that one
Buick Lacrosse
Altimas
Malibu
Some other Sedans
Didn't see much in the way of SUV's (didn't want one but looked around for flyer talk)

My first choice was a convertible, asked for one, but they said their convertibles were booked out until Easter, so none were being put in ES, they were nice enough though. Spring break I suppose was a factor on that front.

The Mustang was comfortable on longer drives, plenty of pickup (not GT level of course). Premium trim was pretty nice. I like how National just charges $3.95 per day you use tolls, plus the cost of tolls, so only extra 4 bucks on top of tolls for our day trip to the keys (Thrifty would have charged $100+ extra). No need for transponder as it is charged by license plate. One down side was Sirius was not activated.

Last edited by oakdruid; Apr 2, 2016 at 1:35 pm
Old May 22, 2016, 10:26 am

I'm arriving at Fll at 7 on thurday. I would like a three row suv (doesn't matter which but would prefer a tahoe). What are the probabilities of me finding a three row suv? Thanks
Old May 22, 2016, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by justheretogettips
I'm arriving at Fll at 7 on thurday. I would like a three row suv (doesn't matter which but would prefer a tahoe). What are the probabilities of me finding a three row suv? Thanks
On the Aisle without having a reservation for a premium SUV? Right about at zero!
Old May 22, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
On the Aisle without having a reservation for a premium SUV? Right about at zero!
Sorry, On Executive Selection. In the past I have gotten a three row hyundai, but I don't know if that's rare or not.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by justheretogettips
Sorry, On Executive Selection. In the past I have gotten a three row hyundai, but I don't know if that's rare or not.
YMMV.

I'd suggest making two reservations. One for the Aisle and one for the Fullsize SUV if you really must have it. You stand a 50/50 chance of a Acadia/Enclave/Traverse/Explorer/Durango at least. I rarely see the Tahoe/Suburban on the aisles.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:46 am

So I arrived here at 6:30pm on 5/26. The cars were parked length wise (eg they weren't in their spots and was just a huge line) on EA so there were only four to chose from or you would have to wait.

EA (I didn't count)
Nissan Murano
Dodge Journey
Jeep Compass
Dodge Caravan
Ford Explorer
Buick Lacrosse

ES
7x Chevrolet Traverse LT
6x Buick Lacrosse
2x Dodge Caravan
1x Ford Edge (would have taken it but someone beat me to it)
1x Dodge Journey
1x Hyundai Tuscon
1x Toyota 4Runner
1x Jeep Compass
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1x Jeep Cherokee Latitude
1x Nissan Maxima
3x Chevrolet Camaro (2016 Model)
1x Toyota Avalon

PS:
1x Corvette Convertible
1x Audi Q7

Since EA had a Ford Explorer that was blocked in, I asked if they could bring up an Explorer. They had one that had a few light dents 3k miles, but since I wanted a three-row suv it was perfect. The Nav SD card was taken out . Nonetheless, it was a great car. It had quite a small fuel tank and Sirius wasn't activated. The one on EA didn't have a sunroof and was a limited trim. My Explorer had a huge sunroof, which was very nice.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:02 am

FLL 10/21 at 3:30pm.

ES:
1x Buick Lacrosse
3x Jeep Latitude's
1x Impala LT
2x Kia Sorento's
5x Hyundai Tucson's
2x Pathfinder LX
(took 1)

There were at least about 8-10 Santa Fe's (2 were Sport) as well as about 12-15 Nissan Frontier's between the Executive and Emerald Aisle and a few other nondescript cars.

1x Audi Q7 in VIP
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
FLL 10/21 at 3:30pm.

ES:
1x Buick Lacrosse
3x Jeep Latitude's
1x Impala LT
2x Kia Sorento's
5x Hyundai Tucson's
2x Pathfinder LX
(took 1)

There were at least about 8-10 Santa Fe's (2 were Sport) as well as about 12-15 Nissan Frontier's between the Executive and Emerald Aisle and a few other nondescript cars.

1x Audi Q7 in VIP
I was here about five hours later

ES
1x Kia Cadenza
7x Hyundai Santa Fe -- Took one because i needed and SUV
1x Dodge Ram Big Horn
2x Nissan Frontier
2x Buick Lacrosse
1x Nissan Maxima
1x Nissan Murano(hate it)
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1x Chrysler 300C
5x Nissan Altima (mixture of pre-facelift and facelift)

Premier:
Jaguar XF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.