Cars at FLL

Old Feb 17, 15, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Sunday Feb 15 before midnight - Presidents Day weekend in Florida, so I expected an empty aisle, but it was stocked full - I was shocked I tell ya, shocked.

About 70% new Hyandai SUVs, and the balance of Altima, generic GM sedans and SUVs. As I was looking around (a Sonata was nearby that the greeter knows I prefer), a white Grand Cherokee Limited pulled up and I grabbed it - always make sure you hold the key in your hand when taking a car and putting bags away because a family came by and tried to take the car while I was loading my bags in the back, and I had to shoo them away.

Downside: the Cherokee was not properly washed and was so filthy inside, I had to sweep food crumbs off the seat. Gross.
Old Feb 20, 15, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
Sunday Feb 15 before midnight - Presidents Day weekend in Florida, so I expected an empty aisle, but it was stocked full - I was shocked I tell ya, shocked.

About 70% new Hyandai SUVs, and the balance of Altima, generic GM sedans and SUVs. As I was looking around (a Sonata was nearby that the greeter knows I prefer), a white Grand Cherokee Limited pulled up and I grabbed it - always make sure you hold the key in your hand when taking a car and putting bags away because a family came by and tried to take the car while I was loading my bags in the back, and I had to shoo them away.

Downside: the Cherokee was not properly washed and was so filthy inside, I had to sweep food crumbs off the seat. Gross.
Was the EA or Exec? I'm heading down 2/28 and need some sort of minivan but finding SUV prices are out of hand all around. I lost exec status last yr.
Old Feb 21, 15, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by coreynyc View Post
Was the EA or Exec? I'm heading down 2/28 and need some sort of minivan but finding SUV prices are out of hand all around. I lost exec status last yr.
This was the exec aisle.
Old Feb 21, 15, 1:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Recurring issue with FLL. Picked up a Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Bottom of cup holder was filled with some white stain. Several dried beverage trial (prob coffee) around center console. Third row cup holder still had a cup of coffee as well as a open canned of red bull.
Old Feb 26, 15, 12:29 pm

Picked up this past Monday around 9am, ES mostly SUV's and some full size cars. Grabbed myself a 2015 VW GTI, 2k miles. Fun little car to drive!!
Old Feb 26, 15, 5:01 pm

Btw....there was a Kia minivan available in the Exec aisle for those interested.
Old Feb 26, 15, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA
Any idea what they have for Premium cars and standard SUVs? Will be arriving Sunday evening. I don't have exec any more, so the alternative is EA. Need to know if it is worth the extra $.
Old Mar 1, 15, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA
I ended up reserving a full size. Went out to the garage - they directed me to just choose from the ES aisle. A variety, though not great. There were a few Hyundais, a Santa Fe, 200, a few explorers, a few jeeps, a Ram pickup, a charger, an impala, an arcadia, and of all things a mini van. I think EA was empty! I took the Santa Fe, which I kinda liked, but about two miles out the check engine light came on so I brought it back and ended up with an explorer.
Old Mar 2, 15, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the aisles were fully stocked 3/2 at 9p tonight, another crap experience with a luxury rental. Greeter tried to get me to accept a 300c as a luxury car (no way), then after my insistence on a Lincoln or Cadillac, showed me a junked 30,000 mile Cadillac on the Alamo aisle, or offered a compact Infiniti Q50. I ended up canceling the luxury rental and booked a midsize, taking a new Hyundai.

I won't waste my time with luxury bookings here anymore.
Old Mar 4, 15, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Updating my post above....had a call with a manager to discuss my experience. They apologized, agreed it was not acceptable and asked me to send a note before my arrival in the future so they can set aside a better car for me. I explained this should be done proactively for all EE customers with nicer cars reserved, and they will look into doing this.
Old Mar 4, 15, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
The main issue is they just don't operate the ER sections like they are supposed to... I've had this work both for and against me (Navigator on LCAR, Mustang on PCAR) at this location, but I'd much rather have the consistency of selecting from a stocked ER section.
Old Mar 4, 15, 9:52 pm

Q50 is a compact to you?
Old Mar 4, 15, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Coastercameron View Post
Q50 is a compact to you?
Isn't it about the same size as the G35 it replaced? The G35 was a compact car.
Old Mar 5, 15, 6:11 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Isn't it about the same size as the G35 it replaced? The G35 was a compact car.
Maybe the coupe, but certainly not the sedan.
Old Mar 5, 15, 8:36 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Little slow to post, but picked up on 2/24 around 11am. Had a fullsize reserved. EA had a 2 jettas, quite a few 200's,1 sonata and thats about it. EE had a 2015 mustang that someone just snagged before me, an explorer limited, another sonata, impala, a few chargers, craptiva's and 2015 challenger that i took. pretty empty compared to my previous visits to this location.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: