Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by willb66
I second this one....anyone have any updates for Luxury at FLL? I have a res there in 2 weeks, and normally only use the executive elite aisle there. Thanks!
I booked Luxury and was offered the choice of a Cadillac ATS or a Hyundai Genesis.

I opted for the ATS. Terrible car. No satellite radio, no heated seats, no sunroof, and worst of all no xenon headlamps (how embarrassing).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
I booked Luxury and was offered the choice of a Cadillac ATS or a Hyundai Genesis.

I opted for the ATS. Terrible car. No satellite radio, no heated seats, no sunroof, and worst of all no xenon headlamps (how embarrassing).
Genesis is not a luxury, it should be a Premium I believe. I would have had them hunt down a Lincoln for me.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by Minneapolis

Definitely unnecessary in FLL. I have them in my car that I moved w/ me to HOU (from PHL), and have used them, maybe once or twice a year (the low reached into the upper 20s). It never gets that cold in MIA/FLL for heated seats. With the other options, I would agree w/ you.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:32 am

Heated seats is great for those with back pains; even if it is 100degrees out; crank the ac and heated the seats
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:48 pm

Anyone have any updates from FLL last few couple weeks? I am going into there next week and curious.
Old May 19, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
On 5/15

ES:
Bounty of new Impalas
Maxima (base)
Malibu
Charger
Challenger
Sorento
Rav4
Durango
Fusion (Titanium)
Sonata
Old May 28, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm flying in to FLL on a Sunday Afternoon in July around 4:30PM with my wife. Should I book ICAR and take my chances with something decent on ES, or book a PCAR ($28 difference for 3 days)? How willing are they to let you pull from Alamo if nothing on ES strikes your fancy?

I'd love to get a Lacrosse, Cadenza, Genesis, Grand Cherokee, XC60, etc... Fusion Titanium, Taurus, 300C would be acceptable... even a Mustang would be fun. Just don't want to drive in an Impala, Maxima, or some other snoozer for the one business trip that my wife decides to tag along for.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The new Impalas are actually quite nice.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by seawolf
The new Impalas are actually quite nice.
I don't mind them, but I'd rather book a PCAR if it would greatly increase my likelihood of getting a better PCAR along the lines of a Lacrosse, Cadenza, Genesis, Azera, or Taurus. I think I'll do a PCAR res and have them drop it down to ICAR at the booth if there is something acceptable on ES (I've been doing this frequently as opposed to 2 reservations and canceling the unused one).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:13 pm

So cars that I saw at FLL:

Ford Fusion
Chevy Impala
Chevy Malibu
Dodge Challenger
Nissan Altima

Also there was a Kia, but I'm not sure the model.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:35 pm

FLL this afternoon had a pretty decent selection including 2 x Explorer, 2 x Impala LTZ, plenty of Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger, and a few Malibu, Fusion, Altima, and one Maxima. My wife was with me and was going to be driving some doing some shopping in Miami while I'm working, so we asked for a Convertible and ended up with a decent '13 V6 Mustang (red/black, 16k miles)... wouldn't be my first choice, but she wanted to drop the top so why not...

My main complaint about this location is that they use all of the Emerald Reserve section (we were on PCAR res) as bulk storage. I was told that PCAR pulls from Alamo Premium and everything was over 20k miles, so I was better of picking from ES... this is when my wife piped up about a convertible and they were happy enough to oblige with no upgrade after confirming we were on a short (3 day) rental and would be returning to FLL as well. I'm pretty sure, given the miles, that what we got was from Alamo stock given the miles, but again, she can drop the top on South Beach, so she'll have a good time. That said, I'll remember to stick with ICAR rentals at FLL from now on since there's no working ER-PREM section.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:15 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
On Friday:

VW Passat (x2, one base model S and one Wolfsburg Edition)
VW Jetta (Base model)
Buick Verano
Ford Fusion
Chevy Traverse
Ford Explorer
Kia Soul
Fiat 500
Several Nissan Altimas
Several Chevy Impalas

I took the Passat Wolfsburg Edition.

Last edited by mkt; Jul 28, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Friday a week ago, about 1:30pm, had a luxury rental, guy there seemed kinda surprised that there was something coming in with a luxury rental, and the luxury aisle was empty. He ended up calling up a Q50 for us, so not bad.

Didn't take a detailed look at the es aisle, but it looked pretty basic from what I could see with nothing terribly exciting.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:13 am

Pick-up Saturday around 11:45pm ... EA was empty, just two cars so I took something from executive as the lot was devoid of staff at that hour.

EA Executive was fully stocked with every SUV you could think of/have seen in your renting days, some larger sedans and a huge pickup.

I saw a Volvo XC60 and quickly went for that .. unusual rental and I never drove a Volvo before. Nice car, FL-tagged with 5500 on the odometer .. 2015 model.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: na
Today was SUV mania

EA
2015 Hyundai Sonata with only 1,100 miles
2015 Santa fe
2014 200 base 2x
2014 caravans 6x

ES
2015 suburbans LT 4x
2015 Tahoe LT 3x LTZ 3x w/navi
2014 Mazda CX 5
2014 GMC Terrain
2014 FORD expedition EL
2014 toyota rav 4 3x
2014 kia sorrento 3x
2014 GMC Arcadia 2x
2014 Chevy traverse 3x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.