Cars at FLL

Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rybob1
What do you guys think my chances are for the first Saturday in Feb for getting a SUV (anysize) or a minivan out of EA in FLL early AM?
Totally depends on their stock - I dropped off a rental on Friday last week and strolled past the aisle to see what was there and it was nothing but minivans and small SUVs.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Picked up on Wednesday 1/16 around 1130pm and ES/EA was pretty empty. All cars were in the ES and the sign said for EA/ES to choose from the ES area. There was a 2013 Genesis Sedan, Town & Country, Kia Sedona, Volvo XC60 and a brand new 2013 Fusion SE 2.0T with 5 miles that i took. I am only EA and had a fullsize so i choose the standard size fusion as i have been wanting to drive. I probably could have chosen any of the available vehicles. Was expecting either an empty lot or an impala, overall very impressed.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wednesday Jan 22 midnight (actually Thursday Jan 23 )

1 Infiniti FX37
1 Infinity JX
1 Volvo SUV
1 2013 Genesis
1 Buick Murano(?) (I thought GM learned their lesson with the Cadillac Cimarron??)
and other assorted odds and ends for the EA side, including a new Escape that pulled up as I was leaving.

I ran to the FX, then realized I'd be lucky to crack 18mpg...then went to the JX, but the super nice attendant (the older guy who works nights) told me it gets worse gas mileage than the FX, so I walked over to the Volvo but couldn't be sure the XM was working and remembered the hell I went through with the 2 Volvos I owned in the past and vowed never to drive one again - the little Buick looked ridiculous (GM's fault, not National) so I went for the Genesis - it rides like a dream, XM working, under 2k miles, spotless.

This was actually the first time I saw a decent collection of true luxury cars at FLL - and I was so shocked, I ended up running from car to car just to make sure they were real
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:23 am

Just a heads up guy's, we have the new Traverse,Acadia,and Enclave. Only have a few but more are coming. Some new explorers with the Ecoboost engines, and a few more Infiniti QX56's(more than likely on Alamo or Enterprise side for upgrades). Keep you guy's posted.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by babyboy754
Just a heads up guy's, we have the new Traverse,Acadia,and Enclave. Only have a few but more are coming. Some new explorers with the Ecoboost engines, and a few more Infiniti QX56's(more than likely on Alamo or Enterprise side for upgrades). Keep you guy's posted.
Do these make it over to the EA side too, or typically just ES?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:44 pm

Es. Can be lucky at times though.

Originally Posted by rybob1
Do these make it over to the EA side too, or typically just ES?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Sunday, 2/3

Arrived @ FLL approx. 4:30PM, small number of vehicles in ES : Impala, Suburban, Edge, Grand Caravan, Journey, Captiva, Murano (no keys per windshield). Driving to TPA, so looking for SiriusXM - sat in the Captiva (<5K odo, working sat), while the staff (maybe even Babyboy754) cleaned up the weekend returns, which were in the Alamo area, as well as, the EA. With gas going up and the distance to travel, decided to avoid the intermediate SUV unless no other options (I had just missed a 300). Eventually, the ES filled up with washed vehicles : Camry, Jeep, Murano, Altima, Maxima, Optima...
An XC60 was brought out, but, couldn't tell for sure if sat was working (Acquiring Signal message, probably due to the garage), decided to take a chance and offered it to a female road warrior that was about to drive off in the Journey. Was just about to go with the Captiva, when another 300 was brought out (Black, 9.7K odo, working sat)...we have a winner!
While driving (and listening to the Super Bowl) heard an advertisement of an Sirius XM promotion for 60 channels for the first half of February, oh well.

Overall, nice selection of intermediate/standard SUVs, and sedans @ FLL this day.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:36 am

Good morning guys. We have the new Avalons XLE model. Only a few new ones for now. Keep you guys posted.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:02 pm

2/12 930P

EA had a couple very small cars (I think they were Ford Focus models, but was a little hard to tell from a distance).

ES had very little - a couple new Malibu LTZ models, some Altimas, a midsize SUV. A Ford Taurus was brought up, which I checked but left it - over 20K miles and was well worn and not very clean. I was going to take a brand new LTZ with 1200 miles on it, but I have an aversion to these cars, and finally a base 300 was brought up, so I grabbed it

As usual, Alamo had all the nice cars - BMWs, Infiniti, etc.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
2/1 6am Arrival. No EA cars in aisle, agent told me to take any sedan out of ES that I wanted. I was gunning for SUV or minivan, talked agent into giving me Dodge Caravan for $10 per day (only had reservation for 2 days).

I can't recall what exactly at this point was in ES, but there was also some Jeeps, Dodge cross overs and a ford Explorer Limited.

Took the caravan with 11k miles, got 3 exits away, and after exiting freeway, realized my brakes were metal on metal. Back to the airport, staff handled it nicely, and told me to take any car I wanted from ES, regardless of size/type. Took the Explorer with working SAT, and was a very nice ride.

Other than Alamo exit agent who refused to write up my damage report - forcing me to make everyone back up so I could go back to the counter, it was a very nice experience.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Picked up at2pmtoday. EA was empty and was told to pick from ES for my full size rental. There was 1 maxima, 2 camrys ( one le and one se with leather) one 2013 Altima 2.5s and a BMW X3 with the hood up. All cars except the BMW and Maxima had drivers in them. As I was walking towards the maxima a 2013 Camaro 1LT with a sunroof and 600 miles pulled up so I took that.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:32 pm

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the cars available in the luxury class at Fll. I have a booking for one in a few weeks. Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by acslayta
Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the cars available in the luxury class at Fll. I have a booking for one in a few weeks. Thanks!
95% it will be a 300 (or 300 w/Hemi) which will be passed off as a Luxury unless you push back
3% it will be a Buick Lacrosse or Hyundai Genesis
2% it will be a Cadillac or Lincoln - which you may need to fight for
0% it will be something really fancy like a Mercedes, BWM, etc - unless you arrive to find there are no Luxury class cars in the Luxury area, and you are able to insist on being allowed to take something from the Alamo upsell area.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
95% it will be a 300 (or 300 w/Hemi) which will be passed off as a Luxury unless you push back
3% it will be a Buick Lacrosse or Hyundai Genesis
2% it will be a Cadillac or Lincoln - which you may need to fight for
0% it will be something really fancy like a Mercedes, BWM, etc - unless you arrive to find there are no Luxury class cars in the Luxury area, and you are able to insist on being allowed to take something from the Alamo upsell area.
Yikes, not exactly what I had in mind. I also have a 740i booked with Avis for a few hundred more. That may be a better option.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by acslayta
Yikes, not exactly what I had in mind. I also have a 740i booked with Avis for a few hundred more. That may be a better option.
You won't be finding a 740i at National, not in a million years. If you want *that* kind of luxury car, you will need to go to Avis. If National FLL were to even have one in the fleet, it would be an Alamo upsell and you wouldn't have a chance to loosen their death grip on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.