Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Satellite Radio

I rent from National all the time, and they always avertise Sirius and XM, but only about 1 out of 4 cars actually have it. I'm a executive member and try to look for the antenna's on the cars so I can get the Satellite Radio.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL GE
Yes! They should have it in ALL vehicles on the EEA or put a sticker in the back window LOL

I got in a TB off the EEA @ LAX - didn't have Sat, didn't have AUX - I got out..

That and not having automatic headlights is my other pet peeve.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Good idea about looking for satellite antennae -- I never thought about that. ^ Does National usually just run out the trial periods on cars with satellite radio, or do they actually keep them activated?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
I prefer XM over Sirius. Whenever I am in the Northeast it seems that they only have Sirius, everywhere else I am able to get XM no problem.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Your right I do all my traveling in the North East and have never gotten a rental with XM. I just heard that Dan Patrick does his show now on XM
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
That is what I have to do when I am at a National Location where you can actually view the cars. Just look for the rubber antenna and then pray it is hooked up!
Old Feb 8, 2008, 9:24 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Sirius

I prefer Sirius over XM for specific programming (Sirius OutQ). In fact I like it so much I usually travel with my own portable Sirius receiver, since I rarely seem to get a car equipped with satellite radio. In Denver over the holidays, I rented a Dodge Durango SUV and didn't realize until after I had set up my own receiver that it already had Sirius installed! lol.

I'm currently in Whistler, BC and got lucky with an emerald aisle rental out of SeaTac. They had an almost new (1,600 mi) Chevy Equinox AWD midsize SUV in the Emerald Aisle, which I reserved for 10 days at the unbelievably great rate of $101/week and $16.99/day (they even applied the $30 e-coupon for weekly rentals when I booked online). It's nicely equipped (remote start!) and has XM included. I used my Sirius receiver for one day (wanted to hear a special presidential debate forum), and then put it away for the remainder of the trip. XM actually has very good music programming for my taste, and the stereo in this car sounds excellent!
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: PC-Plat AA National-Exec
I've rented quite a few cars from National, and never had one with a Sirius radio. Plenty of XM though. I've just been unlucky I guess, most of the locations I've rented from had mostly GMs.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:52 pm

I think the make of car usually determines whether you'll get Sirius or XM. I had a dodge in Denver that had Sirius. I wasn't impressed, but I've always been partial to XM.

I've only had one car that had the XM subscription expired. I believe it was in MSP, but I'm not 100%.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:47 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Got an equinox in FLL with XM. Made a great ride, certainly nice stuff on there.

Unfortunately, I normally rent from Ottawa and they never seem to have any car with satellite radio. Anybody been lucky to get a Canadian rental with XM/Sirius?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by GVA
Got an equinox in FLL with XM. Made a great ride, certainly nice stuff on there.

Unfortunately, I normally rent from Ottawa and they never seem to have any car with satellite radio. Anybody been lucky to get a Canadian rental with XM/Sirius?
I usually reserve premium class (only a couple dollars more than a midsize) for my weekend rentals here in Vancouver.. the last couple times I've had brand new Lincoln MKX's.. loaded. They're nice.. a bit thirsty on the fuel.. but a great ride for $28/day.

Ron.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Guess I proved the North East theory a little wrong today. I got a Impala SS with Mass. plates with XM.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Originally Posted by GVA

Twice! Once in Calgary with a Lincoln MKX which had Sirius and again in Montreal with a Ford Fusion again with Sirius

None and I do mean none of the Chrysler cars in Montreal (which i usually get lumbered with) have Satelite radio.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OK, I've been wondering this... I usually look for the little black antenna, but on a couple of recent rentals, I've *thought* I was getting into an XM car, but then once I turned on the radio, it wasn't. I'm talking about cars that truly didn't have the XM hardware - not just a car with no subscription.

What am I doing wrong? Anything? Are there some cars with the little antenna but no XM radio inside?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Railroad flyer
Twice! Once in Calgary with a Lincoln MKX which had Sirius and again in Montreal with a Ford Fusion again with Sirius

None and I do mean none of the Chrysler cars in Montreal (which i usually get lumbered with) have Satelite radio.
There are lots of Pacificas around Vancouver locations that have Sirius.

There have been a couple times when I've had a car.. mostly Fords I think... where I didn't know it had Sat.. there was no button, etc.. but pressing the AUX button found it.. too funny!

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.