Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 4:27 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Railroad flyer
Twice! Once in Calgary with a Lincoln MKX which had Sirius and again in Montreal with a Ford Fusion again with Sirius

None and I do mean none of the Chrysler cars in Montreal (which i usually get lumbered with) have Satelite radio.
That kind of figures why I never see XM radio on the car [I've seen onstar on a few though]. Ottawa often gets half their cars from YUL (and also YYZ), it's only been in the past few weeks that I have gotten YOW based cars. YUL tends to be full of junky cars.

In January I had to drive to YUL in a hurry after my flight from YOW was cancelled. YOW was down to one car (yes only one - it was that or take greyhound) and I landed a Taurus SEL with 48000km on it.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by GVA
That kind of figures why I never see XM radio on the car [I've seen onstar on a few though]. Ottawa often gets half their cars from YUL (and also YYZ), it's only been in the past few weeks that I have gotten YOW based cars. YUL tends to be full of junky cars.

In January I had to drive to YUL in a hurry after my flight from YOW was cancelled. YOW was down to one car (yes only one - it was that or take greyhound) and I landed a Taurus SEL with 48000km on it.

Ouch! I don't like it when I get a car with more than 20000km!

Ron.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Delete... hate when the system is *that* slow!

Last edited by newfbc; Feb 14, 2008 at 7:44 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:46 pm

Delete

Last edited by newfbc; Feb 14, 2008 at 7:43 pm Reason: Triplicate
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:55 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by newfbc
There are lots of Pacificas around Vancouver locations that have Sirius.

There have been a couple times when I've had a car.. mostly Fords I think... where I didn't know it had Sat.. there was no button, etc.. but pressing the AUX button found it.. too funny!

Ron.
Finally got my first Canadian rental with Satellite radio: a Fusion from Ottawa.

The week before at YUL/Montreal I asked for a car with satellite radio and was told they didn't have any. Mind you, YUL's fleet seems to be one of the worst.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
In 2006 and most of 2007 I managed to get cars with XM most of the time. The last nine months or so they've been very difficult to find. I haven't had a single National car with fully activated XM since December. It seems GM dumped a bunch of base model 2007 G6s and Impalas without XM into the rental fleets last fall and ever since it's been harder to find cars with XM and features like leather seats at many US National locations.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
I get XM about 75% of the time, but I do admit to (1) looking for the antenna and (2) starting the car to see if the XM is active -- if not, I try another car.

This is especially true during baseball season, since every MLB game is on XM.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I really like XM and have downgraded from a Premium to a Full size to have it.
The choice and hardly any adverts is great!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by opus17
I get XM about 75% of the time, but I do admit to (1) looking for the antenna and (2) starting the car to see if the XM is active -- if not, I try another car.
It does seem- at least from the Exec Select locations I use - that one needs to make some effort to find a car that is:

1. Clean
2. Relatively low mileage
3. Properly representative of the size booked, even by 'rental land' standards
4. Attractively optioned

Looking for the roof antenna is an effective way of finding XM on a GM car.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Originally Posted by GVA
YUL tends to be full of junky cars.
Thats an understatement!

Whats more annoying is that the emerald isle always has the junk in it and the normal area the nice new stuff

Kicked off once about getting another chrysler as the seats tend to very uncomfortable and was given a brand new fusion which was in the main area. Whilst looking around i realised that the main area "seems" to have a much better array of cars. Or atleast newer.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.