Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by m907
If they weren't available, they shouldn't have been parked in the aisle. Maybe you should've just taken it...
Yep - should have. Was just caught off guard by it and didn't think too much due to being distracted by some other stuff going on at the time. The guy next to me certainly did just that.
btonkid12345 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Yep - should have. Was just caught off guard by it and didn't think too much due to being distracted by some other stuff going on at the time. The guy next to me certainly did just that.
There was a 2019 5 series sitting on an Executive Aisle recently and I went to grab it.

I opened the door and it smelled terrible. It wasn’t even smoke but a mix of BO and I don’t know what else. I have never smelled a car like it before, but it felt like The Valet episode from Seinfeld!

I mentioned it to the Manager at the booth, who agreed about the smell. He went and grabbed another 5 series (it wasn’t a sport, but it was a 2021 and basically new, so I’ll take it!) and as I went to get in and he went to deal with the other 5 series (which was still sitting on the Aisle), someone else jumped in it and took off to the booth LOL.
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:04 am

Hey everyone!

any recent experience with the EE here at IAH? Picking up on a Friday morning (around 1am) end of June.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:09 pm

Picked up early this morning at ~6am, right after they opened.

Executive:
~4x Chevy Equinox, all LT, 2 AWD
2x RAV4 XLE, one smoked in, one missing key
1x Toyota 4Runner, base trim
1x GMC Terrain SLT
1x Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (I took this)
~3x Mazda CX-30
~3x Dodge Journey
~4x Nissan Rogue Sports
1x Chevy Blazer
1x Kia Soul
2x Jeep Compass
A few trucks

EA was all sedans + 1 Equinox, but completely full
Decent selection, especially since I was looking for a larger vehicle to move some stuff in. Was hoping for a Pacifica (saw a few in reserved but none in either aisle) but managed to jam it all in the CX-5.
OhDoctor, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Any recent data points?

I live in Houston but am moving in a couple weeks. I've got the move squeezed in right between a 4th of July vacation and a business trip leaving on the 6th. Was thinking of using a couple free days here to get a pickup truck to help with some odds and ends and just leaving my car at the airport. Since the free days can't be used on a truck I'm hoping that they're in the aisle pretty regularly. I know they are at other locations.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Any recent data points?

I live in Houston but am moving in a couple weeks. I've got the move squeezed in right between a 4th of July vacation and a business trip leaving on the 6th. Was thinking of using a couple free days here to get a pickup truck to help with some odds and ends and just leaving my car at the airport. Since the free days can't be used on a truck I'm hoping that they're in the aisle pretty regularly. I know they are at other locations.
I picked up on a Friday morning a couple of weeks ago and there were tons of trucks on the executive side. Rams, Titans, Tundras, even an F-250, easily a dozen full size trucks. There were far more trucks+suvs than sedans, that's for sure.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by cubbynole
I picked up on a Friday morning a couple of weeks ago and there were tons of trucks on the executive side. Rams, Titans, Tundras, even an F-250, easily a dozen full size trucks. There were far more trucks+suvs than sedans, that's for sure.
Fantastic, thank you
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Any recent experiences here?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Picked up tonight. First off, IAH construction is a major pain. Gosh I’m glad I’m doing a one way. Finally got to car rental center about 20 minutes after getting on bus.

The lots were really bare. Maybe 5-7 cars on each aisle. The rest of the lot was empty for EHI. Polite attendant had an A4 idling by the booth, I asked if I could take the Q7 in the premium selection and he said “go for it! Things are such a mess right now I just want to get my loyal customers in any car”. I’ve had a 6 month string of Audis of various trim all across the system. This Q7 is the nicest. All the auto drive features, AC seats, etc.

Other cars on the aisle… couple Sienna’s, an X5, several Q3’s, some pickup trucks, and a lone Malibu.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
Picked up tonight. First off, IAH construction is a major pain. Gosh I’m glad I’m doing a one way. Finally got to car rental center about 20 minutes after getting on bus.

The lots were really bare. Maybe 5-7 cars on each aisle. The rest of the lot was empty for EHI. Polite attendant had an A4 idling by the booth, I asked if I could take the Q7 in the premium selection and he said “go for it! Things are such a mess right now I just want to get my loyal customers in any car”. I’ve had a 6 month string of Audis of various trim all across the system. This Q7 is the nicest. All the auto drive features, AC seats, etc.

Other cars on the aisle… couple Sienna’s, an X5, several Q3’s, some pickup trucks, and a lone Malibu.
Reminder to people reading this thread that when an employee does something nice, get his/her name and send in a positive comment to customer service.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred / CP holder, National Exec Elite, Enterprise Gold
Originally Posted by m907
Reminder to people reading this thread that when an employee does something nice, get his/her name and send in a positive comment to customer service.
I’ve done this a few times, twice in MKE, and once at IAD. The manager responded back each time and thanked me for the note. I saw the employee at MKE again that I gave the kudos to, and mentioned I appreciated the excellent service last time and that I sent in a note. He lit up (more than his already friendly personality) and said they gave him an extra Saturday off because of it. He walked me over to a QX80 and X5 tucked away on the Alamo side and said to pick one. I told him he didn’t have to do that, but he said he insisted, so I of course obliged.

Important to remember those agents are human too, and I’m sure they see enough sh-t, so they appreciate the positive interactions.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Picked up on last July 17. First of all, due to the construction works at IAH, it took me 30mins to get from the terminal to the rental car center, so if anyone is planning to go there, take this extra time in consideration while booking.

Selection at the Executive aisle was pretty bare. Got a fully loaded Dodge Charger GT that was the most appealing sedan in the aisle, others were pretty basic. Tried to get a Challenger Hemi that was sitting on the Premier Upgrade area, but they still wanted to charge me US$ 75-day for it, although being an Executive Elite, thus I passed it and went along with the Charger.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:48 pm

Hi all

I am an EE and have a Full Size Luxury SUV class booked at IAH for 24th December. Has anyone had this class before or know what the IAH location has for this class?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Full selection at Executive today. Was going to go for an Atlas or an Explorer but then wandered down another row and there were a few Grand Cherokees, an XC60 and a Q3. Took the XC60. I've been using Hertz UC lately so I was very impressed
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Full selection at Executive today. Was going to go for an Atlas or an Explorer but then wandered down another row and there were a few Grand Cherokees, an XC60 and a Q3. Took the XC60. I've been using Hertz UC lately so I was very impressed
did you see any other full size luxury vehicles? Or any 7 seaters - Escalade, Suburban etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.