Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Rented a "Luxury Performance Sport" which Enterprise lists as "Porsche 911 Cabrio, Porsche 911, Mercedes Benz SL or similar." What am I likely to get here? This is for end of August.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:57 am

My guess would be A corvette. If that’s the case I hope you are travelling light as the trunk (boot) is tiny.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Slim pickings at the executive aisle Monday night. All Nissan Pathfinders and Hyundai Tuscons. Snagged a 2018 Toyota RAV4 which is my preferred car. The radar cruise control with lane assistance is amazing. The car practically drives itself.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Slim pickings at the executive aisle Monday night. All Nissan Pathfinders and Hyundai Tuscons. Snagged a 2018 Toyota RAV4 which is my preferred car. The radar cruise control with lane assistance is amazing. The car practically drives itself.
*Tucson
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Anybody happen to go through here recently? I have a luxury car reservation here on the 26th for the weekend and was curious if I needed to stop by the counter or if there would be enough selection to head to the reserve aisle. *crosses fingers*
Dave Sen likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Had a Luxury rental on the morning of Monday June 29th. They basically said I can take any of the premier selection, which included Lincoln continental, BMW 3series, Audi A5, or Infinite Q50 (or 60). Went with the A5
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:52 am

Getting something for a week in late September from the EE aisle. Anybody have a recent report from here? Looking for something like a Ford Explorer or even a decent pickup truck.I also have Hertz PC as an option, but slim pickings there the last time I rented...

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:13 pm

Bumping my question.

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Any recent experience here with the executive selection? I have not rented here in 3-4 years. Will be arriving on a Tuesday evening around 6pm.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Any recent experience here with the executive selection? I have not rented here in 3-4 years. Will be arriving on a Tuesday evening around 6pm.
Nothing special, many intermediate SUVs. I took a brand new Mazda CX-5. I liked it.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ruthenium101
Nothing special, many intermediate SUVs. I took a brand new Mazda CX-5. I liked it.
Thanks. I arrive Thursday evening this week and hope to get something decent. A charger/challenger, or nice SUV would be my usual choices. Since it's a short trip, I may even spring for an upgrade if they had something super cool that I've been wanting to drive.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:23 am

Slim pickings last night around 6pm.Walked right past the booth and the lady came out yelling at me and another guy that all cars were taken except the 3 trucks and the SUV at the end. Too bad - I wanted the challenger. The next guy that walked out went straight to the challenger and drove off. Guess I should have pretended to not hear her.

Even the special section was slim pickings.

I took the Ram 1500. 1200 miles on it, nothing special. One of the colorado's that I looked at had 15k.

xienon, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Slim pickings last night around 6pm.Walked right past the booth and the lady came out yelling at me and another guy that all cars were taken except the 3 trucks and the SUV at the end. Too bad - I wanted the challenger. The next guy that walked out went straight to the challenger and drove off. Guess I should have pretended to not hear her.

Even the special section was slim pickings.

I took the Ram 1500. 1200 miles on it, nothing special. One of the colorado's that I looked at had 15k.
If they weren't available, they shouldn't have been parked in the aisle. Maybe you should've just taken it...
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by m907
If they weren't available, they shouldn't have been parked in the aisle. Maybe you should've just taken it...
Hertz tried this with me with a Velar in a PC aisle. Keys were in it. They tried to turn me around at the booth and I was polite but firm that it was in PC but eligible.

Manager yelled at the booth agent for holding me up and making a big deal out of a normal PC transaction.

National did the same somewhere once...I forget where...but if it’s in the Aisle and keys are in it, it’s completely fair game.

If a booth agent ever YELLS (rare but I have seen it) I just pretend they don’t exist. That is a completely disrespectful way to address any customer - let alone one who has done nothing wrong or has not disrespected the employee first.
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Hertz tried this with me with a Velar in a PC aisle. Keys were in it. They tried to turn me around at the booth and I was polite but firm that it was in PC but eligible.

Manager yelled at the booth agent for holding me up and making a big deal out of a normal PC transaction.

National did the same somewhere once...I forget where...but if it’s in the Aisle and keys are in it, it’s completely fair game.

If a booth agent ever YELLS (rare but I have seen it) I just pretend they don’t exist. That is a completely disrespectful way to address any customer - let alone one who has done nothing wrong or has not disrespected the employee first.
Hertz DCA is the worst about this. They have a whole section marked as Presidents Circle, but they have always only used it for reserved cars since they started the Ultimate Choice system a few years ago. Every time someone walks down there, he gets yelled at to turn around. I don't understand why they don't just fix the signage.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.