Emerald Aisle at LAX

Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP
Emerald Aisle at LAX

Does anyone know how the EA car selection is at LAX?

I recently rented in TPA and there was a 350Z ^^. Couldn't get it because I was with the family.

Anything like this at LAX? This time I'll be alone.

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:39 am

Last time I was at LAX (late fall), got a fully-optioned Impala. Passed up a dented G6, Jeep Grand Cherokee (hate those), new Pontiac Vibe and about 40 minivans (seriously - on EA). EE had a much better selection - a bunch of Buicks and a Cadillac or two.

I did arrive on a Saturday, so that could explain the minivans (vacation travelers).

On a lighter note - When I returned the car, I noticed the guy in front of me strip down - bare ... naked - right in the return lane and change into his non-work clothes. His car came of EA, so any FT'ers want to own up?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
The basic EA at LAX is pretty much limited to malibus, pt cruisers (hate them, can't see out of the back) and minivans....never seen much more there
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
I got a minivan the last 3 times, but it was good since I had my family. I always look at what else is out there, and have to agree that it is generally the Malibu's and PT's...
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:07 am

We picked up a brand spanking new Prius there last month- had 3 miles on it. There were quite a few of them.

Just had to get a lesson in how to start it
(keyless option) It's 250$ to replace the key so don't lose it.....

Even with LA traffic we were pleased with the fuel economy. Spent maybe 70$ for over 1000 miles of driving (drove up to SF too).
And it was comfortable enough for that long drive.

There were a lot of other options on the aisle as well.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: UA GS; DL MM; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Avis First
EA and ES were both crammed with minivans last week.

Originally Posted by skowse
The basic EA at LAX is pretty much limited to malibus, pt cruisers (hate them, can't see out of the back) and minivans....never seen much more there
And, I wasn't really in the mood to take clients out in a minivan. So, I grabbed a CTS from the luxury aisle and drove off.

The gate agent didn't say a word and my ES mid-size rate was honored.

First time with the keyless start for me as well. A bit disconcerting at first, but I ended up liking it.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

On Friday 1/25 around noon - noticed several Prius's in the EA - the ES had many Buick Lucernes (I took an 8 cyl one) and Toyota Avalons.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
2/14 8:30 PM- EA had mostly Impala's and Grand Prix's. However there was a sparkling new Cadillac STS and 3 Toyota Prius'. Took a gray Prius with 10k miles.

2/18 7:00PM- EA had a nice mix, with some HHR's, Prius', Grand Caravans, PT Cruisers and G6's. Exec had some Highlanders, Avalons, Trailblazers, Impalas, Grand Prix V8, Siennas and Grand Caravans.

As you can tell, I had a nice chunk of time on my hands, so I also took a walk through the class aisles as well and found a few suprises. VW Rabbits and Toyota Yaris' dominated the compact class and in addition, the premium aisle was mostly 300's, Chargers and a lone Camry LE. I know they like to strech classes but a cloth Camry as a premium? Lets get real!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by nwaaok
As you can tell, I had a nice chunk of time on my hands, so I also took a walk through the class aisles as well and found a few suprises. VW Rabbits and Toyota Yaris' dominated the compact class and in addition, the premium aisle was mostly 300's, Chargers and a lone Camry LE. I know they like to strech classes but a cloth Camry as a premium? Lets get real!
I sometimes reserve a compact when it saves a few bucks a day but at LAX I always reserve midsize now since the compact selection there has been awful for me.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:19 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by nwaaok
2/18 7:00PM- EA had a nice mix, with some HHR's, Prius', Grand Caravans, PT Cruisers and G6's. Exec had some Highlanders, Avalons, Trailblazers, Impalas, Grand Prix V8, Siennas and Grand Caravans.
Of course I love a Prius for the great mileage, but I have to say I really like the Chevy HHR. I've rented them several times out of MCO. Cool little car. Remote start is a fun trick!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
I picked up an '08 Dodge Avenger there a couple weeks ago. Very nice car with Sirius ^
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sigma1104
I sometimes reserve a compact when it saves a few bucks a day but at LAX I always reserve midsize now since the compact selection there has been awful for me.
I don't mind the Rabbit at all but something about the Yaris just bothers me. Maybe its that center mounted gauge cluster...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Chevy Cobalt at LAX

I rented ther Chevy Cobalt and liked it and other times I just went with the PT Cruiser.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:40 am

any more recent reports of the Emerald Aisle at LAX?

I read about all the exciting options that pop up from time to time on the Executive Aisle, but not a lot of people mention the emerald aisle.

I will be there in a couple weeks and will report on what I see, but I'm just curious. Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Jesse, check this out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ars-lax-6.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.