Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Requalified for Exec. Elite- Profile Updated?

Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE

For those of you who requalified for Exec. Elite, have you gotten your new card or more importantly has the expiration for your status changed on your online profile to Feb. 28th 2009?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by travelismylife
For those of you who requalified for Exec. Elite, have you gotten your new card or more importantly has the expiration for your status changed on your online profile to Feb. 28th 2009?
Mine says Feb 28, 2009.

As far as my experience goes, the card is worthless, I've never shown it to anyone.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

My Executive requalified the week before Christmas still says 2/29/08
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
I had close to forty rentals but mine still says Feb 2008. I emailed and said that they should be updated soon. Any one else still showing 2008?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
Card and website show 2009 for me
Old Jan 16, 2008, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I requalified late in December, and they're still showing expiration 2008.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 4:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Answer my own question

I called the Customer Service line (a few hours ago) and the lady told me they update the accounts in Feb. and then mail out the new membership cards.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by opus17
Mine says Feb 28, 2009.

As far as my experience goes, the card is worthless, I've never shown it to anyone.

So are you saying when you are exiting the lot, you don't have to show your card to them?

What I am trying to say is a non elite EA could easily take a car from the Exec elite line and not have to worry about it. is that likely to happen?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by OP_Fav1
So are you saying when you are exiting the lot, you don't have to show your card to them?

What I am trying to say is a non elite EA could easily take a car from the Exec elite line and not have to worry about it. is that likely to happen?
Your status would show against your name/reservation anyway, so if they wanted to challenge your selection they would not have a problem knowing you were not EA.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by OP_Fav1
Not once, ever. They want a license and a credit card.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I found on several occassions that it does not seem to matter what your status is at most locations, they let you drive off in whatever you want. The only difference now is that they say, "enjoy your upgrade" when I show my Exec Elite card at the exit, even though I am in the same beat down Pontiac G6.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:58 pm

I threw away the card when I got it. I don't even remember actually getting a card but I know I did get some mailed update when I reached EE. The only possible use for the physical loyalty cards for me is at hotels that I have status with when I book through Priceline (sometimes).

I rent every week and I just hand them my driver's license, credit card (probably not necessary), and the window tag.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:45 pm
Suspended

It shows in the computer on your rental profile what STATUS you are...meaning on the page in the computer that shows your Name, DL, and CC info, it also shows what level Emerald Club member you are.

The CC companies want a swipe of your actual credit card...that's why you usually don't get asked for your EC card. Your CC pulls your res at the gate.

If something you take off the EA is a problem, they will turn you around at the gate...or tell you the rate will be different and give you the opportunity to upgrade yourself or change out your car.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
For those who were still showing February 2008, has your date changed yet?

I got my 12th rental the last week of 2007; still showing February 2008 as the expiration date. Have been assured twice by customer service I qualified, but I am always suspicious of travel company computer systems. And with a 5 day rental starting on February 29th, I want to make sure it updates.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dbuckho
For those who were still showing February 2008, has your date changed yet?

I got my 12th rental the last week of 2007; still showing February 2008 as the expiration date. Have been assured twice by customer service I qualified, but I am always suspicious of travel company computer systems. And with a 5 day rental starting on February 29th, I want to make sure it updates.
I requalified late in December. Got the card with a 2009 expiration last week, but the date online still shows 2-29-2008.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.