Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MIA (Int'l Airport Location)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:11 pm

On Feb 19th, the Emerald Aisle had the usual selection of GM cars: mostly Malibus. There were also a bunch of VW Beetles, HHRs, and one Nissan Cube - which I snagged. It is pretty rare for a Valet Parking guy to tell you that they liked your rental car, but the Valet at our hotel in FLL did. He really dug all the headroom.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Luxury selection @ MIA?

Will arrive Friday PM, what should I expect?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:22 am

I just grabbed a Challenger (base model) from the Executive aisle yesterday for a 3 day rental. Looks like they had some Lacrosse's, Chargers, etc... Typical Executive selection.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Arrived today (Fri) @3:15 PM and was astounded at the number of cars in both the Exec & Emerald Aisles.

Usually at MIA I'm greeted by nothing but empty spaces but today the cars were two deep in both aisles.

iirc, there were a LOT of Dodge Chargers, a VW Beetle, a few Camrys, a lot of Fords (maybe the Fusion or Focus?) but alas, no ragtops

fwiw, I chose a freshly washed Charger that had <5K miles.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:12 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thursday late night Exec Selection:

≈4 Chevy Impala LT
≈3 Chevy Impala
≈4 Dodge Charger SXT
≈3 SUVs

Ended up taking one of the LTs with 5K miles, no satellite.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Devyan1
Arrived at MIA around 8am last Tuesday - EA aisle was pretty bare but I was able to snag a Journey Crossover with 1700 miles and Sattelite Radio

I enjoyed this car a lot!
I arrived at 8am on 5/18 and the lot was basically empty. Could have had a Mercury Grand Marquis from the Exec line; Dodge Nitro or a Chevrolet Impala from the regular line, and a couple scattered New Beetles and minivans. Went Impala for the aux-in on the stereo.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:56 pm

Showed up at about 11 am on a Sunday to get a Minivan for an IKEA run. The choices were:

Volkswagen Routan (Chrysler minivan)
Dodge Caravan (Chrysler minivan)
Chrysler Town & Country (Chrysler minivan)

Took the Routan, which had a stow & go third row and removable second row captain's chairs, but the second row was a pain to remove (had to move both first row seats all the way forwards, the driver's side one with the super-slow electric adjustment). Both sliding side doors are motorized. With seats removed or stowed (doable on your own), there's enough space for a Queen-size HOPEN and all the accoutrements (mattress, base, swedish fish) in back without even thinking about it.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
OT:

I don't know if National ever buys Chrysler or Dodge minvans with 2nd row Stow-n-Go, but you will never find it on a VW Routan - that feature is exclusive to products Chrysler sells itself.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Picked up a car at 9PM this past Monday at MIA.

There were ZERO cars on the Emerald aisle, that's right zero cars.

There were exactly 4 cars on in the Executive Selection. 2 Ford Fusions and 2 Pontiacs. I took a Fusion with about 2500 miles, leather, Sirius and I am quite happy.

I think it is totally unacceptable to have 4 total cars available to choose from.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

There were exactly 4 cars on in the Executive Selection. 2 Ford Fusions and 2 Pontiacs. I took a Fusion with about 2500 miles, leather, Sirius and I am quite happy.

I think it is totally unacceptable to have 4 total cars available to choose from.
Did you talk to a manager about bringing out more cars or finding a specific car you'd like?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

Sadly this is somewhat typical for MIA.

fwiw, when asking them for a specific type/size of car to have when none were available in the ES/EA, results have been mixed and seem to be YMMV
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Did you talk to a manager about bringing out more cars or finding a specific car you'd like?
I did not...there was not a National employee in sight and after the 30 minute bus wait/ride from plane to terminal, 30 minute wait/ride from terminal to baggage claim I was in no mood to wait.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This location really needs more cars. Picked up tonight Fri 1/14 at 9 PM - ES had a total of 4 cars (2 New Grand Cherokees with people in them, 1 Nissan Rouge (250 mi on the odometer which I took) and 1 Chevy Tahoe (way too big for my purposes this weekend)). EA had exactly one car in it a Chevy HHR.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Picked up a car on March 16th / 17th around midnight. I am Emerald Club but there was a selection of some minivans, some jeeps sitting there. There was a Sonata as well. I ended up picking up a brand new Jeep Liberty which had 4 miles on it. Unfortunately, lost the keys to the car, and had to get it changed at FLL. Since it was only 1 day, was allowed to pick anything. Went outside and saw someone grab a Nissan Altima. There seemed to be a brand new Grand Cherokee sitting. By the time i went back outside, it was also taken. Didn't want to wait to took at Dodge Journey. The car was dated, had a warning of oil change required, and the steering actually vibrated when applying brakes. Told all this when returning the car and was given a free day.
Still was happy with the car selection...
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:42 am

Went to the Executive Aisle today at 10:30 am, got to pick from a selection of Camrys, Altimas, Impalas, a couple 300s, some minivans, an Accord, some Panthers, or a Buick of some kind. Went with a 2011 Altima 2.5S with the RFID key and Aux In.

Last edited by BonzoESC; Apr 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm Reason: add car details

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.