Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Picked up a car from HNL the other day using three 12Free coupons. There were no convertibles at the Emerald booth. Was given a choose of pretty much anything they had on the lot. The only cars of interest were three Dodge Challengers and a new Ford Taurus. A few full size cars and small SUVs were also seen.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is the Executive experience at HNL pretty consistent? We are waffling between a convertible and minivan (4 people) and haven't decided yet - the convertible we would reserve and not risk it, but the minivan is so expensive, I'm open to booking a standard car to get EE service in the hope that I will get what others have experienced - the option to choose anything I want off the lot, or what's on the EE.

If so, I can either choose a large 4dr or a minivan if one is available.

I'm also hoping a Hawai'i drivers license and the Kama'aina customer code will get better service and more flexibility from the lot attendant.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Is the Executive experience at HNL pretty consistent?
I've only rented once from HNL as an Executive, but I was only offered my choice of cars from the Aisle stalls or the couple of vehicles in stalls marked "Executive." I wasn't offered any of the other cars/vans/SUVs in the other stalls (though I didn't ask).

I don't think I've seen a minivan in the Executive stalls. I was offered a Sebring convertible parked in an Executive stall.

[Note: I have a HI license and use the KAMA code.]
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Picked up an Acura TSX on the Emerald Aisle today. Brand new with 13 miles on it. The agent said they just started getting in Acuras to the lot. Rides very nice. ^
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by inlanikai
Picked up an Acura TSX on the Emerald Aisle today. Brand new with 13 miles on it. The agent said they just started getting in Acuras to the lot. Rides very nice. ^
Interesting. Was it in the stalls across from the Emerald booth/tent, or in the Executive stalls? What vehicle class it (e.g. PXAR, SCAR, etc.)?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:10 am

It was in the stalls across from the tent - stall #11. There were two of them in fact. I don't know what class of car they are. I rent "full size" for the price of mid-size as an Executive. When I get to the tent I look around and say "I'll take that one" and that's what I get. I never even knew there was an Executive stall area. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:32 am

It was in the stalls across from the tent - stall #11. There were two of them in fact. I don't know what class of car they are. I rent "full size" for the price of mid-size as an Executive.
What does it say on the key tag (or on the sticker on the windshield)? There should be a four-letter code (something like PXAR or FCAR), in addition to the make, model, color, etc.

The Executive stalls are the two stalls to the left of the tent. I only recently made Executive; as a regular Emerald, I was usually stuck with those 10 or so stalls across from the tent.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:25 am
Suspended

anyone ever see a minivan in EA?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by TonyEgg
anyone ever see a minivan in EA?
I haven't seen a minivan in the stalls across the booth yet. I have seen a Town Car, Grand Marquis, and the prev-gen Taurus in those stalls, along with the much more typical Malibu, Fusion, and occasional Charger.

If you absolutely need a van, probably best to reserve one...
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by qs933
I haven't seen a minivan in the stalls across the booth yet. I have seen a Town Car, Grand Marquis, and the prev-gen Taurus in those stalls, along with the much more typical Malibu, Fusion, and occasional Charger.

If you absolutely need a van, probably best to reserve one...
Thxs. Tried to reserve one, but sold out. Thought maybe they might sometimes get early returns and might put in EA.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
What does it say on the key tag (or on the sticker on the windshield)? There should be a four-letter code (something like PXAR or FCAR), in addition to the make, model, color, etc.

The Executive stalls are the two stalls to the left of the tent. I only recently made Executive; as a regular Emerald, I was usually stuck with those 10 or so stalls across from the tent.
4 letter code on the tag says RXAR. Only other 4-letter codes on the tag is TEMP after the license plate number and ACUR between the year and model which I assume means Acura. It is a 2010 Acura TSX.

Thanks for the Exec stalls location. ^
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:31 pm

4 letter code on the tag says RXAR. Only other 4-letter codes on the tag is TEMP after the license plate number and ACUR between the year and model which I assume means Acura. It is a 2010 Acura TSX.

Thanks for the Exec stalls location. ^
RXAR is a "Standard Elite," I believe. I have an HNL rental coming up next week. Would be nice to get one of those TSXs.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: United 1K (2 Million Miler), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Emerald Executive, Hilton Diamond
Picked up Executive rental on 10 August. There were no vehicles in the Executive stalls. The attendant asked if it was just me. I informed her my party included my wife and 2 kids. She went and got a Dodge Journey out of the wash line and brought it over.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:23 pm

Picked up this morning (8/20); booth wasn't openv yet, so I went inside. Was given the choice between a Grand Marquis or a 3-month old 300 Touring and took the latter.

The Grand Marquis was in the EA area, while the 300 was in one of two Exec stalls (the other was empty). The EA area had a couple of Kia Souls, an Avenger, and a tired looking 2009 Camry.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
alert! Newbish post

Hi,

I am an Executive due to some recent promo and I am not sure what it really means

I think I get the Full Size for the price of Midsize car. After reading here a bit, are you guys saying that I can reserve, let's say a Full Size car and pick up a convertible or SUV if it is in the Executive area and drive off with it?

I need to book something asap as I am getting to HNL at 3 pm on August 24...so please be gentle, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.