Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Very slim pickings this morning (Monday). Executive had 3 Dodge Challengers and a 2020 Malibu. Emerald had a Passat, Jetta, two Camrys, and a Malibu.

I had a full-size Executive reservation and took the Passat. 2021 model with 7k on the odometer.

Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by qs933; Apr 17, 2022 at 5:35 pm Reason: Added photos
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nice to see they've fully moved in to the new facility. A huge upgrade over the prior location in the parking garage (though I still miss the open lot). They now have a proper aisle where you are able to pick your own car, keys inside, no more having to ask the attendant.

Arrived around 1 pm on Friday, Executive Aisle was well stocked. Saw several Mustang convertibles, a QX50, a Camaro convertibles, and several Mercedes GLAs (not clear they were available for executives though). Just grabbed the first Mustang and didn't really scope things out.

Service extremely friendly!
joepa26, sambo150 and Ordpc like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:38 am

Picked up mid-day Saturday. Airport was busy but the National section seemed very well stocked.

ES had a variety of intermediate crossovers (RAV4 LE, Rogue SV, some sort of Mazda, some sort of Kia, a PHEV Mitsubishi) and a Pathfinder. Emerald Aisle had your choice of full size sedan: Kia K5, Altima SV, or Camry LE.

I had a luxury reservation and was offered an Audi Q3, Q5, or Q7; BMW X3; or a Chrysler 300 (politely passed). Took the Q7, which was a nicely equipped 2-month old 2022 55 Premium Plus with under 2k miles. They had a couple Alfa Romeo SUVs that I considered inquiring about, but decided the Q7 was probably the nicest (and newest) choice.

Executive Selection at HNL

Emerald Aisle at HNL
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:33 am

Picked up early Saturday morning. Lot was full.

Among the usual selection, Executive had a couple of new Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV pickups (SPAR), Pathfinder, Mazda CX-30, Mazda CX-9, a couple Chrysler Pacificas, and a 2019 Honda Accord. There was also a 2020 Jaguar F-PACE, an Infiniti Q50, and a 2020 Cadillac XTS that appeared to be Executive offerings since they had the keys inside.

Emerald Aisle had the typical selection of Camrys, Altimas, and a few small SUVs.

I probably should have taken the Jaguar, but went with the 2022 Pathfinder with 3k miles instead since I've been wanting to try the redesigned version. Very impressed with it, even though it was just an SV model.

Executive Selection

Emerald Aisle
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just checked for my upcoming trip in mid June - no corporate contract rates were started from $150/day and my corporate shaved 50% off that, leaving me around $80/day for a midsize or better. It's nice to see National still knows how to gouge customers.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I just checked for my upcoming trip in mid June - no corporate contract rates were started from $150/day and my corporate shaved 50% off that, leaving me around $80/day for a midsize or better. It's nice to see National still knows how to gouge customers.
Would like to say it's something specific to National, but rates continue to be high across the board in the islands. I've looked at rental rates from the various agencies at HNL and all have been in the same range. Summer is a peak demand period too.

My rental at Enterprise in Las Vegas was higher than pre-pandemic, but not that much higher (though, if I overheard the person picking up in front of me correctly, they were paying about $100/day for their rental before any add-ons).
Old May 8, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by qs933
Would like to say it's something specific to National, but rates continue to be high across the board in the islands.
This. National has had very competitive prices our last three trips to the islands. Not cheap, but competitive.

Originally Posted by qs933
I probably should have taken the Jaguar, but went with the 2022 Pathfinder with 3k miles instead since I've been wanting to try the redesigned version. Very impressed with it, even though it was just an SV model.
I found the F Pace really disappointing. Might have gone with the XTS as I'm not a Nissan fan.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:00 pm

If I use my corp rate to book Luxury at HNL but see something the Executive Aisle that I would rather take, think they would allow?
Old May 26, 2022, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by tru2logan
If I use my corp rate to book Luxury at HNL but see something the Executive Aisle that I would rather take, think they would allow?
I don't think they'll have an issue. When you get there, let the greeter know that you have a luxury reservation. They'll give you your options with your luxury reservation.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:48 pm

what full size SUV are usually at Alamo HNL - Chevy Tahoe, anything else?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Speeder2000
what full size SUV are usually at Alamo HNL - Chevy Tahoe, anything else?
If not the Tahoe, the other choices may be an Expedition or an Armada. I've had the first two out of HNL. Others have reported larger Jeeps as well.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:23 am

Picked up a Jeep at the Executive Aisle at HNL on June 23 at 11 am. Jeeps were premium at OGG. At first there was only one jeep but it was a smaller model with no space for suitcases. Was about to pick a Pathfinder when a Wrangler Unlimited Sport got driven in to EA by an employee. It had plenty of room (we had 1 large and 4 carryon suitcases). SCORE! There were also a couple mustang convertibles, a couple minivans and smaller and midsize suv's. Great selection.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:36 pm

Wranglers?

For those who frequent or have rented at HNL recently, what are the chances I can pick up a Wrangler in EA/ES this Saturday? Are they terribly stock or at least have the removable freedom top?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ORD2BOS
For those who frequent or have rented at HNL recently, what are the chances I can pick up a Wrangler in EA/ES this Saturday? Are they terribly stock or at least have the removable freedom top?
I've picked a Wrangler off ES before, so it's possible. However, like every other EA/ES, availability of a specific vehicle can be hit or miss. If you absolutely must have one, you should reserve one.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:54 pm

If I need a car seat and add it to my reservation, presumably I can just let them know when I arrive and they can drop it into whichever car I pick?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.