Cars at OGG

Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
There is an Emerald Aisle; keys are in the vehicle and you check out at a booth as you exit the lot.

At the airport, there is a rental car shuttle pickup area beyond the baggage claim. Each rental car company operates its own shuttle (it's not a shared shuttle to a rental car center). If you're an EC member, the driver will direct you to head straight to the lot (behind the building).
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:54 pm

As always, it pays to be nice to the greeter.

Today, the aisle was full of Altimas, Sonatas, Malibus and one Taurus. I asked the greeter if she had a GTI (as I hear they are at some locations). She said they have ONE in the fleet, but it's out on rent. I said I understood, I drive a BMW at home and just stood there for a second contemplating my options. She said, "why don't you just take this new BMW that was just pulled up for Executive?" I asked if she was sure, since I was just EA, and she said, "of course! Have a great vacation!"

$120 per week minus my entertainment book coupon for a BMW. Not bad. Of course it is the base 328i but it's definitely an upgrade over an Altima or a Sonata!
Old May 1, 2015, 1:15 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Update ... just got back from my trip and was very pleasantly surprised.

Although the Emerald Aisle was full of the usual midsize characters, there was a very nice Altima with a sunroof that we were about to grab -- until we saw a shiny new 2015 Jeep Patriot; it had less than 3000 miles on it! A very nice surprise!
Old May 1, 2015, 1:42 pm

Would appreciate any Executive Aisle updates as well. Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:36 pm

I have 2 options (Emerald Club Executive but I am not sure if Executive status does make a difference in here at all, do they have a separate place?) for a family trip coming up that is 10 day long:
- Rent from National and hope that there is a nice car (i.e. SUV)
- Rent from Alamo through costco for $100 less.

decisions decisions...
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by averind
I have 2 options (Emerald Club Executive but I am not sure if Executive status does make a difference in here at all, do they have a separate place?) for a family trip coming up that is 10 day long.
OGG has an Executive Aisle. Like any other location, whether something "nice" will be there depends on the time of day, how busy they are, and luck.

If it were me, I'd probably save the $100 and spend it towards something fun on Maui...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
OGG has an Executive Aisle. Like any other location, whether something "nice" will be there depends on the time of day, how busy they are, and luck.

If it were me, I'd probably save the $100 and spend it towards something fun on Maui...
indeed that's what I ended up doing, thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Showed up on Thursday night around 10pm as a lowly EA member. They told me to pick anything from either Executive or the Emerald Aisle. The selection didn't seem that different, other than a smaller Buick SUV and some higher trim full size sedans in Exec. I opted for the Fusion with a sun roof, as frankly, nothing looked interesting and the sun roof is the only thing that stood out.

On the plus side, it was a first for me - being told to pick from the exec aisle too.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:07 am

Picked up earlier in the month on a Sunday with a Premium reservation. Was allowed to choose from a Chrysler 300, Infiniti Q50, or a Cadillac XTS.

Took the XTS, which was a 2014 model with 20K miles. Ride review posted in the XTS thread.

Just in general as I drove around Maui: it seemed like a lot of 2014 model year cars are still in the rental fleets, including National's.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:05 am

any updates for emerald executive? Heading there the end of September. Anything with 4wd? any convertibles? Any sporty or luxury cars? Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by sgtsteve007
any updates for emerald executive? Heading there the end of September. Anything with 4wd? any convertibles? Any sporty or luxury cars? Thanks for any help.
Jeeps and convertibles are in relatively high demand at OGG -- they can rent them at a premium. Doesn't mean it's impossible to snag one on an Exec Select/Full Size reservation, but it's pure luck more than anything else.

If you want to be guaranteed something specific like a convertible or Jeep, it's best to reserve it. I've had pretty good luck asking for an upgraded vehicle (e.g. Enclave, Durango, MKS, the XTS that I just had) with a Premium reservation, but have never asked for a convertible -- and I wouldn't expect them to give one to me given the demand for convertibles on Maui.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I picked up at OGG on Sat 8/29 at 9:30pm - executive with a premium reservation, was given the choice of 2 300 s and 2 BMW 328 ( which I took one ) - both were parked In an area marked Premium ( there was an MB 300, Audi A4, and Infiniti in that area but was kind of blocked in also ). I'd say that this is a great location for a Premium reservation.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
EA/ES today at 5pm was your choice of four silver base trim Nissan Altimas. Awesome!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Update: Drove by the airport while out and about and swung by to check out the selection. Much better this time. Swapped for a 2015 Mustang. Also available were Malibus, Camaros, Fusions, Sonatas, and a Buick Lacrosse
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:02 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
All very cookie-cutter sedans in the Executive Selection last week. Nissans, Chevy Impalas/Malibus, Chrysler 200s, etc. No convertibles, no SVUs or crossovers. Very vanilla and unimpressive.

I lamented to the employee standing there, (as my wife was carrying out 2 y/o daughter), "Nothing in an SUV or Jeep or something? We'd love a little more room for our girl!" He got on the radio, and 30 seconds later, had my choice of a Cadillac SRX or a Infinity QX70 (could have been a QX60, but I think it was the 70).

Very happily drove away in the Cadillac with 1200 miles (my wife liked the back seat of the Cadillac better for our daughter. I, although not too fussy, would have preferred the Infinity).

8 days on Maui in a Cadillac for less than $200 with the Entertainment discount and coupon. This company just keeps impressing me more and more with every rental.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.