Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:02 pm

Flying out yesterday, the lot was crammed. EA had a Buick Encore SUV, 2014 Mustang, and a 4 door Wrangler, among the other sedans.

They had 2 of the 2015 Mustangs out front parked on the lawn, too.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Any updates on what to expect in the emerald aisle. It's my first time using it. Arriving at 8pm on Feb 19th. We have a 7 month old with us so I hope there is something that's can take an infant, his stroller and 2 big bags... Fingers crossed
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone lol??
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I've been monitoring the thread for the same info. I'll be there the first week of March. Reserving a Jeep Wrangler was over double the price of an Emerald / Exec Aisle reservation, so I'm rolling the dice also.

I believe late Feb and early March are relatively low season for Hawaii, so I'm optimistic we'll have decent options.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:10 pm

I'll be sure to let you know
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Mostly nothing but Toyota's when I got there. All brand new. One charger, looked like it had been washed with gravel it was so scratched. Was just loading up a Toyota (it wouldn't start) when they pulled out a Cadillac SRX. Took that instead. Executive level.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:20 pm

I'm guessing they won't have an Cadillac in the emerald aisle?

Can I pay to upgrade the the executive aisle?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bcard519
I'm guessing they won't have an Cadillac in the emerald aisle?

Can I pay to upgrade the the executive aisle?
Probably not on the Cadillac. Emerald Aisle is a guarantee of midsize and in the U.S. rental world that means Focus/Corolla/Sentra/Cruze. Even a Kia Soul has been classed higher (standard). EA may have some bigger selections and it might not.

One can pay to upgrade to an available car class. Walk the lot before you approach the counter and ask for what you want.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, United Gold, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Sousaphil
I've been monitoring the thread for the same info. I'll be there the first week of March. Reserving a Jeep Wrangler was over double the price of an Emerald / Exec Aisle reservation, so I'm rolling the dice also.

I believe late Feb and early March are relatively low season for Hawaii, so I'm optimistic we'll have decent options.
One time (Summer 2012) I saw a Wrangler on the Exec Aisle, although I understand that is rare since they can charge a premium for them. At the time I only had EA status and was allowed to upgrade to the Wrangler for $30/day. The only EA options that day were Impalas.

In October 2014, I reserved a Wrangler using free days. ES was a mix of full-size sedans. This location is small, maybe about 5 cars in EA and 5 in ES. If you are looking for a minivan or SUV it's better to reserve that class or try to negotiate a paid upgrade upon arrival.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:53 pm

It was pretty underwhelming, all hyandai and Ford focus, with one Ford escape which I took
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:31 am

was there Friday - executive aisle. they just added a few Infiniti qx70's one caddy xts, jeep compass, and a couple chargers.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:43 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Question Any Update?

Any update?

Lowly base "Emerald Aisle" member as my Milepoint Premium based Executive status is now expired.

What to expect from National at OGG?

Is it true that they do not have "Emerald Aisle" service - my confirmation says "proceed to counter"?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by AttorneyVin
Any update?

Lowly base "Emerald Aisle" member as my Milepoint Premium based Executive status is now expired.

What to expect from National at OGG?

Is it true that they do not have "Emerald Aisle" service - my confirmation says "proceed to counter"?
My confirmation also said "proceed to counter" as of my reservation last week. I rebooked a few minutes ago (as the price has gone down for my travel dates) and it now reads "proceed to the Aisle to choose your vehicle."

I'm interested on the selection of the Emerald Aisle as well (as I too have lost my Executive status). Any updates is appreciated.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I visit OGG only once or twice a year, but the Emerald stalls are almost always a mix of the usual suspects of full size sedans -- Malibu, Impala (previous gen), Altima, Sonata are the most common. I have seen intermediate SUVs (like a Forrester) and even small pickups (like a Frontier), but they are less common on EA.

If you need something larger like a minivan, or something special, like a Jeep or convertible, best to reserve that class.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:16 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Question

Thanks for the info!

But still curious - is there technically an "Emerald Aisle" to go directly to, or does everyone here need to go to the counter?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.