Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by roadman3313
Had some photos but had difficulty getting them off my phone here. Can provide a brief narrative instead.

Monday 6/6 @ 10am:
Executive:
3 x Malibu LT
2 x Impala Premier
2 x Nissan Altima
3 x 300 S
1 x Nissan Frontier
1 x Nissan Rogue
1 x Nissan Kicks
1 x Mazda CX30
1 x Chevy Traverse
1 x Mustang Convert.
1 x Lincoln MKZ
1 x Buick Cascada Convert.

Aisle:
3 x Elantra
2 x Sentra
1 x Frontier
1 x Ford Edge Titanium
2 x Nissan Rogue

Plenty of Vehicle Selection across the board. Most people were going for the SUV's. I sat for about 10 minutes to watch and the Lincoln, Traverse, Rogue, Impala's, and a 300S were taken. I took the Kicks. Right size for my luggage and where I needed to drive. Alamo was bursting at the gills with about 30 Jeeps (Wranglers and the like I think - actual Jeep looking Jeep's) lined up in the spaces and aisles in their Jeep section and about 10 at Enterprise. A few people asked about them from National but no dice.

Later that afternoon had to swap out the Kicks for a Mechanical... there certainly was far less selection than there was at 10am:

Monday 6/6 @ 3pm:
Executive:
5x Malibu
2x Impala
3x Altima
1x Nissan Rogue (low mileage) - promptly taken while I was there

Aisle:
1x Ford Fusion SE
1x Sentra

I was given a Jeep Cherokee for my exchange. They asked if I wanted the Rogue but just went with the Cherokee as it has more of the layout I am used to (UConnect). They were pretty much trying to keep me in an SUV as I had an SUV/Crossover the first time. Very easy exchange and friendly staff. Out of the 40+ Jeeps between Alamo and National only 6 remained at National and none at Enterprise. The midday flights really ate away at those.

Overall I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised with the selection as they had been showing "sold out" since I booked a few weeks ago and I could only get a reservation being logged in as an EE. On to HNL tomorrow which I take will be a very different experience.
Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up Tuesday 6/22 at 10 AM. You do have to show your negative COVID test, vaccine or inter-island BP to get into the rental car area

Plenty of quantity though fairly boring as far as quality. I took a base level Chevy Camaro convertible with no XM. Not great for $106 for one day.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We arrived around 2:30 pm on a Wednesday. Reasonable quantity of cars in Executive Aisle, but they were all crap - low option Malibus, Altimas, etc. Most had been smoked in. We finally selected an Altima with 19k miles, no smell, and a sunroof (only one of those we saw).

It appeared that all National customers were being directed to the Executive Aisle, unless they had a specialty reservation.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Plenty of quantity though fairly boring as far as quality. I took a base level Chevy Camaro convertible with no XM. Not great for $106 for one day.
We would have loved a convertible. Those are going for considerably more than $106/day.
Ordpc and Raylan like this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Having survived a KOA trip where the KOA location had no cars but had punitive one-way charges, a LIH trip where I was kicked off the shuttle for not having a reservation and attempting to be a walk-up, what are my chances at OGG (or JHM if they reopen) at the end of the year? Online shows no availability through the end of the year and I have never had this hard of a time spending this year (and last year's) free days
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:42 am

National and Enterprise are now showing available cars at least October as a couple of days ago.
msp3 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
National and Enterprise are now showing available cars at least October as a couple of days ago.
Thanks for the heads up. National had been showing sold out for me for my dates in late September—just checked today and there is availability again, albeit only Compact cars. Have never seen availability in only one car class before, and interestingly the rate is fairly reasonable for Maui during COVID times ($65/day). I booked for now, and will keep checking in the hopes that something that gives me ES access opens up...
Auto Enthusiast, Kacee and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by msp3
Having survived a KOA trip where the KOA location had no cars but had punitive one-way charges, a LIH trip where I was kicked off the shuttle for not having a reservation and attempting to be a walk-up, what are my chances at OGG (or JHM if they reopen) at the end of the year? Online shows no availability through the end of the year and I have never had this hard of a time spending this year (and last year's) free days
Originally Posted by juhlee
Thanks for the heads up. National had been showing sold out for me for my dates in late September—just checked today and there is availability again, albeit only Compact cars. Have never seen availability in only one car class before, and interestingly the rate is fairly reasonable for Maui during COVID times ($65/day). I booked for now, and will keep checking in the hopes that something that gives me ES access opens up...
I had a similar situation for June. When I booked my trip in May there were no availabilities. A few weeks later I was able to get a reservation. Keep checking.
KE81, Auto Enthusiast and msp3 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: National Emerald Club Executive, Avis Preferred Plus, Alaska MVP
anyone used the EA recently? flying in sept 2nd, trying to decide if i should just book a convertible from Avis(a little more expensive) than gambling on getting a convertible from EA
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Miranda Huang
anyone used the EA recently? flying in sept 2nd, trying to decide if i should just book a convertible from Avis(a little more expensive) than gambling on getting a convertible from EA
If I wanted to be assured of a convertible, I would reserve one.

Definitely cannot count on getting one on the aisle at OGG. The Executive selection absolutely sucked when we were here in July. Nothing better than a 19k miles Altima.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by KE81
Following up on this—prices/availability didn’t end up changing much until the night before my booking. Was able to book an FCAR for around $37/day. Unfortunately, when I arrived on a Thursday afternoon, there were only a few minivans, 2 large pickups, 1 Jeep Compass, and 1 Dodge Journey in the aisle, none of which I was interested in. I ended up renting through Hertz for less—they had plenty of options in PC and 5*.

Auto Enthusiast, Kacee and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 8:05 am

Visited on 10/27 at around 4pm. Executive aisle only had 2 Chevy Equinox, and 1 minivan. I took Equinox. Very disappointing.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:53 pm

Slim pickings 12/27 @6pm

Only approx 10 vehicles on the Executive aisle today at OGG around 6pm. Lots more vehicles at Alamo. Seemed like very few vehicles in the regular Emerald aisle as well, although I didn’t take much time to look around.

3 minivans, 1-2 Jeep Wranglers, a couple small SUVs, and if I recall a Dodge Challenger and a Campari convertible? Sorry no pics.

was hoping for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, the longer 4-door Wrangler like we had on the big island. Didn’t see any of those on the lot. A dozen or more of the regular 2-door Wranglers at Alamo.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:56 pm

Any updates?

Has anyone used the Executive Aisle recently? Any updates?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:28 am

Went to EA at OGG on June 18 at around 5:30 pm. Not a lot of cars. Unfortunately, a jeep was in the premium section so I picked up a Chevy Traverse. There were standard midsize cars and small and midsize suv's.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by JARPO
Went to EA at OGG on June 18 at around 5:30 pm. Not a lot of cars. Unfortunately, a jeep was in the premium section so I picked up a Chevy Traverse. There were standard midsize cars and small and midsize suv's.
I have a full size SUV reserved for end of July. Does Traverse fall under that category? I have a total of 7 travelers including me. Also what year was the Traverse and how many miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.