Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:35 pm

What floor are Alamo's sporty cars on at SFO? How do I get there?

I have a reservation but want to visually confirm if there a car I like and in good condition before I check in.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:59 am

I arrived around 12pm on a Thursday. The Emerald Aisle was full of Hyundai Elantras and other uninspiring midsize to compact cars. Along the Executive Aisle, I saw a Cherokee, Impala, Rav4, Mazda (didn't see if it was a CX-3 or CX-5), Mitsubishi (Outlander?), couple pickup trucks, and a Ford Edge.

I chose the Edge. The Mitsubishis seemed popular, as the only two I saw were occupied with people getting ready to go.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:00 am

Monday around 5pm, lot very full. In Executive lots of convertibles, including a 430i (also Miata, Bug, Minicooper for the unique ones. Standard ones like Mustang and Camaro).
300, Maxima SL and SV were probably nicest sedans.
Some trucks like Frontiers.
No nice SUVs, just Santa Fe, Journey, Jeep Latitude and Cherokee). Well, a Flex Limited, maybe that is nice.

I don't know if they always have convertibles, but I'm guessing cause of the smoke from the fires nobody wants convertibles right now (as no point).
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Monday around 5pm, lot very full. In Executive lots of convertibles, including a 430i (also Miata, Bug, Minicooper for the unique ones. Standard ones like Mustang and Camaro).
300, Maxima SL and SV were probably nicest sedans.
Some trucks like Frontiers.
No nice SUVs, just Santa Fe, Journey, Jeep Latitude and Cherokee). Well, a Flex Limited, maybe that is nice.

I don't know if they always have convertibles, but I'm guessing cause of the smoke from the fires nobody wants convertibles right now (as no point).
Hope that wasn't the same tired 430i I rented this summer. Whole back had been poorly painted, rattled itself to death on the bad roads, all 4 wheels were curb rashed, Registration was expired, windows were out of time so it would only roll up the drivers window when you put the top up/down. Made sure to share my concerns with the rep when I turned in, hope they didn't just wash it and put it back on the line. I picked it because it was the only convertible available for our Summer Napa trip.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by khigbee
Hope that wasn't the same tired 430i I rented this summer. Whole back had been poorly painted, rattled itself to death on the bad roads, all 4 wheels were curb rashed, Registration was expired, windows were out of time so it would only roll up the drivers window when you put the top up/down. Made sure to share my concerns with the rep when I turned in, hope they didn't just wash it and put it back on the line. I picked it because it was the only convertible available for our Summer Napa trip.
Everything worked fine, it seemed. Didn't rattle (though it obviously isn't a very cushioned ride), no curb rash on tires. Almost 25k miles on it and you can see the damage in the back seat (I guess people throwing their luggage there).
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Pick up around 1pm today. Light day so 4 rows of cars.

Exec had lots of Camero RS, Mustang converts, Pathfinder, several Fusion Titaniums, Impalas, Rav4, couple Altimas and Maximas, Jeep Cherokee. Managed to snag an X3 that got parked on the exec aisle. C300 got moved from PS to Exec while I was in the car, but nobody took it.

EA - usual cars. VW buggy convertible though

Reserved - Chrysler 300 for VIP

Upgrades - QX60, MKZ, MKC, Challenger Scat pack?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
Arrived 11pm during Christmas Eve. ES does not provide plenty of cars due to high-demand in the holiday season. Some notables: 3 BMW 430, 2 Mustang, 1 Camero, 1 Beetle, 1 Buick Cascada, mix of trucks (F150, Ram, Nissan Frontier). No any SUVs since they are all reserved for family trip during holiday. Upgrade area has 1 Range Rover, BMW X5, Audi Q5 with extra $50 per day($40 for executive members).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Weak selection on a Sunday night - 10:30pm

Pick your color Sentras and Rogues on ES
Somebody snagged a QX30 before I got there.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Picked up Saturday afternoon and returned Monday evening. Good selection of cars both times.

Wasn't really paying attention, as I'd booked a full size SUV and needed something bigger. Got upgraded to a 4wd QX80.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Decent selection on Friday 01-25-19 at about 9:30 AM. Ended up with a Benz GLA250 with 2000 miles on it.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:27 am

Picked up today, 2/2/19, around 1:15pm. Decent selection on both aisles. I recall a higher trim Challenger, Charger, Mazda 6, Tahoe, Pathfinder, and QX60 on ES. I was about to take the QX60, but thought it might be a little tough to park in SF, so I asked about a Q60 in the upgrade section — after a little hesitation, the CSR let me take it. Turned out it didn’t have a scannable barcode, and I was trying to do Emerald Checkout for 1-2 Free purposes — so the CSR very graciously went out of his way to let me take another Q60 in the “back” that did have a barcode. Only had 320 miles...although I gotta say I’m not a huge fan of sports cars in general. Bottom line is definitely ask if you don’t see something you are happy with (but also please take care of the CSRs if they take care of you).

FWIW, there was also a Maserati in the upgrade section.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
2/4 around 4 pm, there was a glut of full size suvs. They actually had 5 Suburbans and a Nissan Armada in the executive aisle.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:33 pm

How often do you guys see a Camaro SS in Exec? Or other v8 muscle cars for that matter, i.e. Mustang GT, Challenger RT
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Originally Posted by glostix
How often do you guys see a Camaro SS in Exec? Or other v8 muscle cars for that matter, i.e. Mustang GT, Challenger RT
I've been renting there twice a month for a year, and I've never seen an SS, GT, or RT. I've seen plenty of plain-Jane Challengers, a couple of Camaros, and a handful of Mustang drop tops, but they were (probably) all V-6 models.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
I'm going to be picking up here in March for an exec aisle res. I am hoping to be able to pick up a Ford Expedition Limited and one way to SBA. I'm dropping off rental car from SFO then immediately renting a full size SUV from SBA for two weeks it would make things easier for everyone to not have to shuffle bags. Has anyone seen many of the Ford expeditions around SFO? I don't really want a Tahoe or Suburban because most of them don't have push button start or air cooled seats. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.