Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Surprisingly decently equipped when I was picking up, Aug. 18 around noon.
Exec Aisle particularly had the Mustang and Camaro SS convertibles back in. I recall a large Infiniti SUV as well (QX90?)
Booked a Premium Elite SUV but they had none, though I was offered a Range Rover.

Too large for my tastes so took a 530i from the Premier Selection for the same price, surprised at the cargo space considering I was trying to move stuff down to LA.
Also there was an Escalade and a 430i Gran Coupe.
missingcolours likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by Sneeaky
Surprisingly decently equipped when I was picking up, Aug. 18 around noon.
Exec Aisle particularly had the Mustang and Camaro SS convertibles back in. I recall a large Infiniti SUV as well (QX90?)
Booked a Premium Elite SUV but they had none, though I was offered a Range Rover.

Too large for my tastes so took a 530i from the Premier Selection for the same price, surprised at the cargo space considering I was trying to move stuff down to LA.
Also there was an Escalade and a 430i Gran Coupe.
Were you able to book a one way trip from SF to LA with the Premium Elite SUV? I'm trying to do that in Mid October but its not showing up as a possibility.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Oi, sorry about the late reply. Anywho, I kinda did a little gaming with the system (a tad bit risky, but generally possible since I have Exec Elite).

Essentially I got assigned the car then switched to a car class over the phone to a class that allowed me a one way (Sporty). Gate didn't complain so it was all good.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This evening around 8 pm the Executive Aisle consisted of a bunch of Altimas, a couple of Corollas, and a handful of minivans (didn't check the make). I asked the attendant if there was anything decent and he said no not really, and blamed "heavy holiday bookings." Never mind a full row of shiny BMWs right behind us in the Premier Selection.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
This evening around 8 pm the Executive Aisle consisted of a bunch of Altimas, a couple of Corollas, and a handful of minivans (didn't check the make). I asked the attendant if there was anything decent and he said no not really, and blamed "heavy holiday bookings." Never mind a full row of shiny BMWs right behind us in the Premier Selection.
Translation - “If your willing to pay for it we have something decent for you”
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Translation - “If your willing to pay for it we have something decent for you”
Yep. A fundamental change to National's model, and it no longer appeals to me. It's not just about the money - Grab and go is basically gone if you want something nicer than an Altima or Malibu. I've mostly been renting from Sixt, where I can confirm a Premium Luxury for less (sometimes way less) than a midsize with National, but I do miss the convenience.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
12/26 @ 3pm - Booked luxury
There were 5 cars available on Exec/Aisle. Altima, Charger, Jeep Cherokee.
3x Ghibli available, but they wouldn't give them on Luxury reservations. Was told to wait 30 mins for a Q50 in the wash.

Did not pick up and went with Avis.
Hertz had better pickings as well.
xienon, Kacee and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Did not pick up and went with Avis.
I walked on them as well.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:38 am

Hey guys, looking at National/Enterprise 7-seat "Fullsize SUV" class, Chevy Tahoe or similar. At SFO do they have 4wd in this class? Any experience with the ratios between 2wd and 4wd in this class appreciated.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:02 am

Arrived Thursday night around 9:30 pm with an LCAR reservation. Guy at the box waved at the Q3 and F Pace sitting in the Premium stalls and asked if I wanted one of those. Took the F Pace. LCAR was only $4 higher than the aisle . . . this was the best $4 ever spent, as the EA had nothing but minivans and a pickup truck. (I arrived same time as a guy with an aisle reservation, and he was still wandering up and down forlornly as I drove off in the Jag.)
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:37 am

Any current reports on what the "Car Rental Apocalypse" looks like at National SFO aisles these days?
Old May 20, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, National Executive
Originally Posted by foxjkt
Any current reports on what the "Car Rental Apocalypse" looks like at National SFO aisles these days?
Interested in this as well.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:47 pm

Was there end of last month, got in on a late flight so thought there would be nothing. Lots of vehicles, including mid-size SUVs and minivans (Chrysler Pacific limited), at least one pickup.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was there last Thursday around midnight and the Aisle was very sparse, I think just a couple Altimas and a Corolla. I had an LCAR res and was given a Q5.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:23 pm

was there recently mid-may. emerald aisle sparse...mostly nissans altimas and 300s. there was a regular dodge charger as well. took a blue toyota camry instead since i didn't want to drive a casket. there were some larger SUVs - equinox/traverse type.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.