Cars at SFO

Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Originally Posted by Collin03
I'm going to be picking up here in March for an exec aisle res. I am hoping to be able to pick up a Ford Expedition Limited and one way to SBA. I'm dropping off rental car from SFO then immediately renting a full size SUV from SBA for two weeks it would make things easier for everyone to not have to shuffle bags. Has anyone seen many of the Ford expeditions around SFO? I don't really want a Tahoe or Suburban because most of them don't have push button start or air cooled seats. Thanks in advance!
Over the last year, I've seen very few full sized SUVs in exec, with the exception of one trip, then it was mostly suburbans and a Nissan Armada. I don't recall ever seeing an Expedition.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Agreed with above. I would say you probably won't even find a Tahoe/Armada on Exec.
Spring break compounded with a good ski season means most of these cars will be pulled off for reservation.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
I would oneway a full size SUV but they aren't available for one way. Probably due to the fact Spring break as kxc262 had mentioned. Since I don't need a full size SUV until I get to Santa Barbara I am hoping to snag a Dodge Charger R/T with the hemi
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Don't get your hopes up on the RT. Your chances of finding a Charger are good, but it will be a V-6
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
I had to change the trip so I am flying in and out of LAX. Full size SUV reserved and also a executive selection reservation just in case I find one there which isn't likely but the last time I was at LAX they had 5 Ford expeditions and suburbans in Executive
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Picked up around 5pm.

Exec had Impala, Maxima, Rogue, Forester, F150, Challenger
EA had a Tundra, Optima, Altima, Maxima, Fusion Titanium Hybrid.

Upgrades - Escalade, Navigator, Range Rover, Maserati

Last edited by kxc262; Mar 18, 2019 at 6:05 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Picked up around 5pm.

Exec had Impala, Maxima, Eogue, Forester, F150, Challenger

Any idea on the pricing for the upgrades? Also the executive elite discounted rates?

Good selection!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Scyth

Any idea on the pricing for the upgrades? Also the executive elite discounted rates?

Good selection!
Sign said $75 for all, but probably negotiable.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Picked up around 5pm.

Exec had Impala, Maxima, Rogue, Forester, F150, Challenger

picked up the day before you (15th) and they roughly had the same selection plus additionally a Jeep Wrangler.
Since the Charger and Challenger were the V6 models I asked them if they had any V8 available and they pulled out a nice white Challenger R/T with 8k miles on it.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:54 am

3/26 11:30pm, lots of selection:
EA;
Didn't look too much here, but mostly mid-end sedans with some Mazda crossovers

ES:
2x BMW 430i convertible base specs
1x Audi Q3 base specs
1x Mercedes GLC 300 base specs
1x Tahoe LT
1x Ford Expedition Limited
1x GMC Acadia
Handful of Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers

I ended up taking the Expedition as it was actually the best offering on the lot considering how basic the packages were on the "luxury" vehicles. The GLC didn't even have carplay, android auto, adaptive cruise, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:17 pm

Reserved Sporty Class. On confirmation it says "Emerald Reserve" go directly to class aisle.
I didn't even know they had a separate sporty aisle. How common are the v8 sports cars at SFO (Challenger RT, Camaro SS, or Mustang GT)?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by glostix
Reserved Sporty Class. On confirmation it says "Emerald Reserve" go directly to class aisle.
I didn't even know they had a separate sporty aisle. How common are the v8 sports cars at SFO (Challenger RT, Camaro SS, or Mustang GT)?
I have seen this before. Usually when this happens there's a car from the class that you reserved at the front of the aisle with your name on it. You just get in and go to the gate.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
How common are the v8 sports cars at SFO (Challenger RT, Camaro SS, or Mustang GT)?
Rare - I usually see V6.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:22 am

I have the Executive Elite status, I'm from Europe and I am going to San Francisco on September 4th till September 26th, how big is the change that I can get a Ford Mustang when I choose Emerald Aisle?
Old May 16, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USAtheBest
I have the Executive Elite status, I'm from Europe and I am going to San Francisco on September 4th till September 26th, how big is the change that I can get a Ford Mustang when I choose Emerald Aisle?
I'd ask nicely. Whenever I ask for a special car, they usually ask if I'm returning it back to SFO. Presumably so they don't lose it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.