Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA: 1k, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
I would say very slim - however, a few years ago, I took a Beetle Conv from EA - which at this location sometimes has more "interesting" smaller cars than ES.
Figured as much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed any way. Thanks for the info on EA.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Picked up a ES res on Mon 3/5 8am.

EA: Usual crap (Fusions, Malibus, Impalas, 200s, Avengers), + Tiguan

ES: Usual crap (Impalas, Chargers, Patriots) + 1 Lacrosse with NO KEY written on the windshield + 1 Maxima with 1900 miles (mine now).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Lots of brand new cars there this week, though none terribly exciting. I was tempted by a Silverado pickup but it wasn't extended cab. Assuming otherwise bums would take things if I left them in the back in SF, I took a gray Charger with 6 miles on it. At least I can enjoy the new car smell.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Mar 16, 2012 at 9:49 am
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Just dropped off my "luxury" Chrysler 300 and EA and ES were filled with ho-hum Chargers, Impalas, a Cruze, an Avalon, and a couple of Maximas one with its hood up since I picked up on Wednesday morning.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
Picked up at 11:45 PM on Monday 3/26. A new 300 with the "big screen" interface for the entertainment system. Only 12 miles on the odometer and working sat rad.

Cars on the lot: New Camaro, a Saab convertible with 19k which I passed on for the new 300. New Impala with 8 miles and several other new cars.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Picked up late afternoon on Monday. ES and EA were barren -- Chevy Impala, Nissan Maxima, Dodge Charger and Nissan Altima were all that were there. All the folks off the train jumped in what was left, but I hung around ... after about 15 minutes they started bringing up more vehicles including on the EA a VW Jetta and Chevy Equinox. In the ES, they brought up some Mustangs and a couple Infiniti G37s. Guess what I took?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Picked up from SFO earlier this week.

EA had a smattering of Impalas, Chrysler 200s, and Altimas.

ES had a couple of new Avalons (I took one with 7 miles on the clock), more Altimas, a few Dodge Chargers, two minivans.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Monday afternoon. Lots of Altimas. Nothing unique other than a black 4Runner which another guy beat me to it. Really not many cars left even in the reserve aisles.

Took an Altima which was probably a good idea vs. the 4Runner since this was personal travel and gas money was coming from my own wallet.

Returned car on Wed noon. No SUVs. Various Altimas. One Avalon in ES and one in EA. One Altima coupe in EA.

Last edited by seawolf; Apr 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Old May 13, 2012, 10:55 am

Executive Member Question

Will be flying in next Thursday at 11:30 am which happens to be right before memorial day weekend. I am traveling with 5 people, and a baby with in that party so was hoping to get a Tahoe or something comfortably large to that effect.

I booked a full size, what basically will I NOT have access to when I arrive?

THank you!
Old May 13, 2012, 12:36 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jknc09
I booked a full size, what basically will I NOT have access to when I arrive?
Anything "larger" than a FullSize unless it's in either the Executive Selection or Emerald Aisle - that means that unless your "preferred" Tahoe happens to be in ES, you are not entitled to take it.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:21 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by peteropny
Anything "larger" than a FullSize unless it's in either the Executive Selection or Emerald Aisle - that means that unless your "preferred" Tahoe happens to be in ES, you are not entitled to take it.

You can always ask the staff about taking it and they may let you take it. Generally though peteropny is right in that you cannot just walk over to a Tahoe outside of the EA or ES.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the info, I should clarify I am an Executive Member, but not Executive Elite and at times it is confusing what I can pick up with a full size reservation. I assume its anything that is considered premium OR in the Executive Aisle. Is there specific cars I would not be able to take in this case? I feel like the lines are blurred when your Executive with what your just not allowed to take as more often than not you have pick of the litter when your there. Thanks for the Info...
Old May 13, 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks for the info, I should clarify I am an Executive Member, but not Executive Elite and at times it is confusing what I can pick up with a full size reservation. I assume its anything that is considered premium OR in the Executive Aisle. Is there specific cars I would not be able to take in this case? I feel like the lines are blurred when your Executive with what your just not allowed to take as more often than not you have pick of the litter when your there. Thanks for the Info...
If you reserved a full size, you can take from Executive Aisle only.

If you reserved a premium, you can take from Executive Aisle (self downgrade) or premium.
Old May 14, 2012, 2:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Executive (and Executive Elite) upgrade is that you are charged for one category below what you reserved (eg book a fullsize pay for midsize or book premium pay for fullsize) - you are not entitled to a further upgrade (unless its on ES / EA or approved by staff).
Old May 18, 2012, 8:45 am

SFO Lately

Has anyone been to SFO lately for National rentals? Looking for any idea what will be in Executive Aisle on Thursday late morning. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.