Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
Evening of Nov 22

ES: the usual assortment of Impalas and Chargers/300s. A few SUV's - I grabbed a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. There was a Santa Fe and a Dodge crossover.

Didn't get a good look at the EA.

I find that the new rental terminal tends to be better stocked than the old National yard. Have yet to get stuck with something awful. Plenty of staff in the parking deck on hand to help.

Last edited by infradig; Nov 25, 2010 at 2:29 am
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Delta Gold Medallion
Late Evening of Dec 2

ES: usual selection of domestic crap, 300s/Chargers/Impalas. No SUVs, a couple of Dodge Caravans. One sole Taurus (which I grabbed).

Didn't look over at EA.

Guy at check out told me that Thursday and Fridays are bad days to get anything note worthy. Tuesday is the best day to pick-up from ES, this past Tuesday there were Yukons, Suburbans, and other larger SUVs parked on the aisle.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:06 am

In ATL again last night (Friday 6pm)
ES plenty of Malibus and Camrys but also a smattering of SUV's mostly Dodge/Kias and the odd Grand Marquis

nothing extra special but a decent selection to choose from
Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Arrived last night, Monday Jan 3 at 7pm. ES had a laundry list of cars. There was a fully loaded Dodge Journey sitting at the front of the ES - leather seats- so I took that and did not look much past it (saw a bunch of sedans). Am enjoying the heated seats!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:39 am

Was in ATL Dec 29 thru Jan 2, typical domestic crap. One 2011 Buick Lacrosse that I grabbed. Saw a couple of Grand Cherokees but nothing special. I also was told about being able to grab anything from Alamo if I don't see anything decent in ES. Just drive out of a national gate when you grab a Alamo car.

I fly back in Fri so i'll post up what I see.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any snowmobiles?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:21 pm

Was the last weekend, usual suspects. I grabbed a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT, very nice ride.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, National Executive-Selection
Impalas, Impalas, Impalas

Flew into ATL on Wednesay, 1/26. The ES aisle had a Tahoe, a Grand Marquis, and a bunch (i.e. 4-5) of Impalas. The EA actually had more stuff on it, including a reasonably equipped Ford Escape with a Sirius, which I grabbed. The EA also had a Charger or two, a Dodge Nitro (no thanks), and an HHR. I also remember a Fusion or two.

All in all, I was underwhelmed by the ES aisle at ATL. But maybe that's just me -- I only made ES in November, and this was only my second time to use it (the first being at EWR, where there were literally dozens of models to choose from )
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:48 pm

Impalas indeed...

Sat 2/26 PM - ES had at least 15 Impalas, 6 or 7 Grand Marquis and a few odds and ends (a Camry, a Lucerne, an Equinox, etc.).

The very helpful attendant walked me over to Alamo and let me take a Taurus Limited that was there.

Interestingly, the gate attendant initially resisted checking out the Taurus, as it had 21K on the odometer and (according to her) they weren't supposed to give Emerald Club members anything over 15K. Had not heard of such a policy before (local, maybe?).

- RightD
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by RightD
Sat 2/26 PM - ES had at least 15 Impalas, 6 or 7 Grand Marquis and a few odds and ends (a Camry, a Lucerne, an Equinox, etc.).

The very helpful attendant walked me over to Alamo and let me take a Taurus Limited that was there.

Interestingly, the gate attendant initially resisted checking out the Taurus, as it had 21K on the odometer and (according to her) they weren't supposed to give Emerald Club members anything over 15K. Had not heard of such a policy before (local, maybe?).

- RightD
Usaullay lot's or Marquis, Impalas, Chargers, C300's and Camary's. None of the Impalas have XM. The Camary's XM do not work. Most of the Dodges and C300's have working Sirrus.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RightD

- RightD
That 15K limit for Emerald Club members is an interesting line. IMHO, the agent's reluctance may have had more to do with Taurus being classed as premium, not full size.

The number of cars I've seen on ES or Premium with more than 15K miles could fill a Wal-Mart Super Center parking lot.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That 15K limit for Emerald Club members is an interesting line. IMHO, the agent's reluctance may have had more to do with Taurus being classed as premium, not full size.

The number of cars I've seen on ES or Premium with more than 15K miles could fill a Wal-Mart Super Center parking lot.
I also heard of this limit from a station manager; cars over 15K miles are usu. transferred to local Enterprise stations.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:30 am

That might explain why at certain Enterprise neighborhood stores, I've seen a few random out of state plates. Although why doesn't National just hand over the car to the Enterprise station at their airport?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:54 am

Thursday 4/7 at 4:30
EC usual suspects (Impalas, Chargers, etc)
but a few notable exceptions - a few Lucernes and a Genesis, also a Dodge 4door pickup. I took a new Grand Cherokee (sat radio)

I did notice a few 2011 Explorers in the SUV isle, hoping they will eventually filter into the EC.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:58 am

Emerald Aisle selection can be limited for those trying to take advantage of the weekend rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.