2011 328 (w/MA plates)
Enclave
Taurus Limited

EA/ES:
Minivans
About 10 Jeep Compasses
2-3 Impalas
Old May 10, 2012, 9:48 pm

Does anyone here like the Jeep Compass? The Compass and Liberty are both on my "will not take" list due to their "faux-utility" and horrible quality of the interiors. It is like driving one of those Little Tykes cars... that is how much plastic there is... lol

Also the Liberty's leg area for the driver is unacceptably narrow for a vehicle that large.
Old May 11, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Does anyone here like the Jeep Compass? The Compass and Liberty are both on my "will not take" list due to their "faux-utility" and horrible quality of the interiors. It is like driving one of those Little Tykes cars... that is how much plastic there is... lol

Also the Liberty's leg area for the driver is unacceptably narrow for a vehicle that large.
Yes! I've often described the Jeep Compass as the Tonka Truck of all rentals.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:44 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by plagwate
Yes! I've often described the Jeep Compass as the Tonka Truck of all rentals.
Had one last week. Buzzy engine, bouncy ride, but at least it had Sirius. Also drank fuel despite its size and a light foot on my part. Overall they are pretty awful, and switching into the Escape (same class according to Hertz) felt like re-entering civilization.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:30 pm

Monday 9PM

EA and ES was minivans. 25 or so of them.

Few convertibles in specialty, 2 Mustangs and a 200. Also a Prius with Jersey plates.

Premium was empty.

Needless to say, I kept my Wrangler.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:21 pm

Tuesday 8PM

Specialty
Same Prius as yesterday
2X Mustang Convertible
1X Enclave
1X 300C

Premium
Several 300's
1X Lacrosse

EA/ES
Lots of minivans
Several small pickups (Dakota, Canyon)
2X Traverse
1X 2013 Ford Flex Limited
3X 300's, one of which was a 300C(!) which I snagged
1X 2013 New Beetle
Several Passats
Old May 15, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
1X 300C
There was a Hemi 300 on the lot?
Old May 15, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by PA42
There was a Hemi 300 on the lot?
Yup! They had quite a few actually. One up front by the office, another one in with the Alamo premiums (parked between 2 standard 300's), and then one in ES, also parked between two standard 300's. Glad I was watching the trunks because other than that "C" badge, there is absolutely no way to distinguish the Hemi-equipped 300C's from the standard 300's.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Yup! They had quite a few actually. One up front by the office, another one in with the Alamo premiums (parked between 2 standard 300's), and then one in ES, also parked between two standard 300's. Glad I was watching the trunks because other than that "C" badge, there is absolutely no way to distinguish the Hemi-equipped 300C's from the standard 300's.
I had one last week in PHL with 1000 mi on it - didn't realize what I had until the discussion here in the forum.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I had one last week in PHL with 1000 mi on it - didn't realize what I had until the discussion here in the forum.
Did yours have navigation as well?
Old May 16, 2012, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Did yours have navigation as well?
Yes and it came in handy for the rental. Back on topic, I have a luxury reservation for Mon - any ideas what I can possibly expect to see?
Old May 16, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes and it came in handy for the rental. Back on topic, I have a luxury reservation for Mon - any ideas what I can possibly expect to see?
Monday AM or PM? PM is usually tumbleweeds and minivans. With a luxury reservation, they'd probably let you take from up front, in the specialty area, which is where they keep the highest-end products and/or convertibles.

Same deal with AM, I think they'd have a hard time saying you can't take anything up front with the luxury reservation. The selection is likely to be much better though in the morning. Based on my conversations with the staff, Mondays are far and away their busiest day, apparently they had 1300 reservations this past Monday (which was why EA and ES was 100% minivans when I was there Monday night).

As a general rule for this station, if you see something you like elsewhere on the lot (i.e., Alamo premium section), generally it's not a problem to take from there.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:46 am

early afternoon - unless I can change my appt at U M from late afternoon to early afternoon, then it would be late morning. Thanks for the advice.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:35 pm

Ok - picked up today Mon at about 1 PM. ES was full but didn't take a good look but was rather uninspiring - several Chrysler 200s that I could see - some Minivans - a VW Passat (or Jetta).

I had a luxury reservation but there was not a luxury to be seen anywhere on the lot told to take a Premium from the Alamo "section" (couple of Maximas, couple of 300s (not C), couple of Tauruses (took a Limited)). In front of the office was a 300C, Camaro Convertible, 200 Convertible, Prius and some big SUVs - would have taken the Camaro Convertible but wasn't really that taken with it so let it go especially since my Luxury Reservation was on a Free Day (banked) that was charged less than $2.00 for the upgrade fee and I was only keeping the car for the day (ended up returning it early actually so had it out for about 4 hours).
Old May 21, 2012, 8:21 pm

Was it the Prius with Jersey plates, and was it parked all the way to the left (towards the return lanes?) If so, that car has not been moved, or rented, in over 2 weeks!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.