3 Chevy Impala
1 GMC Acadia
2 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
xienon and ginmqi like this.

Last edited by tommyliu; Nov 3, 2018 at 11:14 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Alaska737890
Generally yes. Most of the premium suv's would have 4WD with the exception being one with an out of state tag from more of a "sun" state (TX, FL, LA, CA etc)
FWIW I had an XT5 from DTW recently with NV plates and it was AWD so YMMV.
Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Ill be picking up a Premium SUV in December at midnight on a Sunday. Im hoping they will have the Ford Expedition MAX Limited any chances? Ive the had the regular Expedition and loved it. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:01 pm

Went to DTW this morning (Nov. 11, 2018), no fancy cars at the executive aisle. However, the staff at the aisle told me I can pick one parked on the south side of emerald canopy, as these cars are intended to fill the executive aisle on Sunday evening/Monday morning. Since these cars are parked one next to another, you can only pick cars parked on the first row (which is the row closest to the canopy). Among this row of 20-30 cars, there were

1 Cadillac ATS
1 Cadillac XTS
1 Cadillac XT5
1 Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
1-2 Mini Countryman
2-3 Nissan Armada

The rest are ordinary, such as
3 Nissan Rogue (in SV and SL trim, no Apple CarPlay)
2-3 Nissan Maxima
2-3 Toyota Camry
2-3 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe

Before you try to grab a car that is not parked under the emerald canopy, make sure to ask if it is ready to go
ginmqi likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Thursday 11/15 @ 9pm

Snowing in DTW upon arrival. Got to the Executive Aisle to find more Camaros and Challengers than usual. The Mustang convertible was a nice touch of irony. There was even a brand new '19 Camaro SS. I thought 455hp might be Overkill due to the weather. Heavy on minivans and Impalas, light on SUVs. Walked to the back, found an Infiniti QX60. Meh.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by duxfan; Nov 16, 2018 at 12:55 pm Reason: Forgot detail
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:02 am

Tuesday night 9pm

Somebody at National in DTW thinks they are funny. Tuesday before the holiday, so the SUVs were pulled off the EA. Not a one. Not even a Dodge Journey penalty box. As usual, the full size upgrade was a Fusion Hybrid, and the premium was an Impala. That’s it. There were a few pickups, both old and new Rams, plus a couple Chevys. Tons of coupes. Challengers, Mustangs, and Camaros. There were even a few brand new Camaro SS models with the V8. I did find an Infiniti Q60 hiding on the back row. I loved seeing at least 4 convertibles on the EA. Nothing says November in DTW like a convertible. Almost insulting, tbh. I rent here weekly, there’s been very little variety of late.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:37 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Rather abysmal selection yesterday around 4:30PM. About 30 cars on the entire lot.

EA was 6 Nissan Frontier pickups.

ES
4X Camaro (1 SS Coupe, 2 V6 Convertible, 1 V6 Coupe)
2X Challenger (V6)
1X Mustang (Ecoboost Convertible)
3X Suburban
2X 2018 Ram
2X F150
1X Chevy Colorado
1X Dodge Grand Caravan

Up front by the office were more Suburbans and a couple Nissan Armadas.

There wasnt a single sedan in sight except for a Mitsubishi Mirage ECAR parked in the Alamo aisle. Even the Alamo lanes were empty except for a single Toyota Highlander.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:29 pm

Tuesday night 11pm. Another customer and I get off the bus, and head for the Executive side. There were only about 20 vehicles in total. DTW continues to have a sense of humor, as both a Mustang convertible and a Mazda Miata with a retractable hardtop were the only 2 CARS available. There was also a Chrysler 300, but it had 44k on the clock, so I don't consider that available. Both old and new Ram pickups were on the line. There was both a Suburban and a Tahoe. A couple of Dodge Caravans were there, not a newer Pacifica. Why do that? These are only for your more frequent (and highest revenue generating) customers. It was clearly "large SUV night as 8 of the 20 or so vehicles on the lot were giant Infiniti QX80s. Pass. Nothing at all on the EA side. It's like Detroit isn't even trying anymore.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I don't know what it is but you're right, they do seem to be having some weird inventory management issues lately. A friend of mine came in last week on Thursday morning around 10AM and he told me the choices were pick your white, black, or grey Tahoe or Suburban (and that's it). Not a single sedan. Which is weird, because when I've shown up there later on in the evenings I'm told those vehicles are reservation-only.
Auto Enthusiast and tommyliu like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:36 am

Thursday 6pm. A little better this week in terms of variety. No convertibles, go figure. There was a Mercedes GLA on the EE which someone just ahead of me grabbed. Sedans were the usual Impalas and Fusions, but there were a few Maxima's, and a new style Altima. SUVs were mostly Koreans, but there were a couple JK Wranglers. There were Caravans if you needed a minivan, and a few old model Ram pickups. I grabbed a Challenger this week, only a V6, but still a fun car.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:13 pm

Today around 5pm

- Various typical sedans (Impala, etc)
- Camaro SS
- Challenger V6
- Jeep Compass
- Small-mid SUVs (mostly Santa Fes)
- Nissan Armada
- Chevy Colorado
- Ram 1500 Classic
- Minivans
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:24 pm

12/20, 6pm

Full size - Fusion Hybrids, a base new Altima was there, complete with wheelcovers.
Premium - Impalas. Impalas everywhere.
Coupes - V6 Challengers and Camaros
Convertible(!) - Mustang
Minivan - caravan after Caravan
SUV - mostly Kia Sorentos
Pickup - Tacoma's

Nothing out of the ordinary.
strickerj and doubter13 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:09 pm

Smaller selection today around 5pm, over half the lot filled with returns

- F-150 XLT
- Jeep Compass
- 3x Camaros (V6)
- 2x Challengers (1 V6, 1 R/T)
- Nissan Pathfinder
- Hyundai Santa Fe, Impalas, etc
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:55 am

1/10/19 - 6:00p

Yawn

There's just never any real variety here any longer. If something unique get to the ES, it's gone before the agent can get out of the car. This week's fun...

Full size - Fusions. Lots of Fusions. A couple base model Altimas. I'd like to try one, but I avoid cars with wheel covers.
Premium - Impalas. Lots of Impalas. Would it be hard to sprinkle in a Buick or a Chrysler 300?
Minivan - Old model Caravans. You gotta seriously want a minivan to take one of those. A Pacifica on the ES would be nice.
Convertible - It's January, so its convertible season in Detroit. There was one Camaro convertible waiting for you.
Pickups - Old model Ram, Silverado, and a Nissan Frontier
SUV - The usual Korean buffet.

It's really a shame that DTW doesn't give a little more variety for their best customers.
ginmqi, strickerj and doubter13 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:35 pm

Jan 31, 6pm. 0 degrees in the D. Sign posted saying cars not washed due to weather.

Convertibles. Both Mustangs and Camaros. Nothing looks better than road salt on a convertible.
Coupes. Camaros and Challengers.
Pickups. F-150s and Nissan Frontiers
Minivans. Pacificas. Rare on the aisle in DTW. Usually they stick Grand Caravans on the aisle.
SUVs. Light on the kimchee this week. No Koreans. The usual Journeys and Rouges. I did spot a Flex, Tiguan, Rav4, and a 2 door Wrangler JK. A little more variety than normal.
Sedans. The only sedans on the ES were Infiniti Q50 V6s. Must have just come in, less than 1000 miles on the clock. Grabbed it to try it. Biggest disappointment is no heated seats on a car billed as a luxury vehicle.
doubter13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.