Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1000 damage charge....wooops, sorry.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P
Thumbs down $1000 damage charge....wooops, sorry.

I picked up a National car. I noted some small scratches on it. The guy at the exit booth said "Oh don't worry about those. We don't care about that stuff." I told him "I'm not talking your word for it." I turned around since I didn't have a pen and neither did the booth moron and filled out damage form they leave in each car and turned it in upon exiting. It was dark and thought I forgot to get it signed. So I called their hotline within 20 minutes of picking up the car and they put a note in my record that the car had scratches on it. It turns out I had to sign it. I returned the car 3 days later. Now 3 weeks later I get a letter saying the car was damaged and I did not have LDW. Huh?

1. I have the original customer-copy of the damage form that I turned in at the gate.

2. I have the print out from their counter when I turned the car in with the note saying the car was damaged when I picked it up.

3. My company also has *full* LDW by contract. This should be interesting.

I call up in the morning after being very annoyed the night before. Within a minute and a half the woman says, "Oh woops, nevermind. Sorry Sir. I see that you filled out the damage form when you got the car." Errrrrrrr. I'm glad it got resolved but 10 seconds of their time up front would have saved me much anger and further the guy at the booth is a freaking liar and moron. Yes I'm sending them a letter.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:13 am

What airport?

I've had gate agents tell me the same exact thing. One of them even said not to worry unless I get into an accident. Sounds like National has got some training issues.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P
Originally Posted by mfox
What airport?

I've had gate agents tell me the same exact thing. One of them even said not to worry unless I get into an accident. Sounds like National has got some training issues.
It was at KBOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.