Convertibles at FLL

Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Convertibles at FLL

I've got a reservation for the 27 & 28 of December for a convertible at FLL. Regular rate was $108 per day so I used two free rental credits (In my opinion, a better deal than the airline mileage option ^ ).

Anyone have any idea what's the general stock of convertibles in FLL? Online reservations says, "PT Cruiser." I think that's a horrible car and would prefer the new Sebring or a Mustang. Any insight?

Thanks,
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by djlndc
I've got a reservation for the 27 & 28 of December for a convertible at FLL. Regular rate was $108 per day so I used two free rental credits (In my opinion, a better deal than the airline mileage option ^ ).

Anyone have any idea what's the general stock of convertibles in FLL? Online reservations says, "PT Cruiser." I think that's a horrible car and would prefer the new Sebring or a Mustang. Any insight?

Thanks,
Given National's relationship with Alamo I assume the following applies
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630763

if you find out something different, please post/share your experience.

I'm planning my next trip to PBI in Feb and will likely avoid National/Alamo if PT Cruisers and Beetles continue to be their Standard convertible offerings
Old Dec 17, 2006, 6:09 pm
MSP

Programs: NW Worldperks, AAdvantage, HHonors, SPG, National EC
From what I've seen in the lots at RSW/MCO/SFO and read here, the Sebring is on its way out the door, presumably because it was redesigned this year and Chrysler thinks that they can actually sell them to people. Mainly PT Cruisers, and to a lesser extent, VW Bugs, on the lots now. Any Sebring is going to be at least a year old by now if they aren't getting the redesigned model.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Update from my visit to FLL

Nice selection of convertibles at FLL. VW, PT Cruiser or Crossfire. I took a Crossfire because it was just Mrs. DJLNDC and myself. Nice car, but not a lot of room for luggage. Looks like the Sebring is a thing of the past.

FYI, EA stock: Lacrosse, G6
Exec EA: very nice high-end Avalons; most with leather and sunroof.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Until they get G6 Convertables, Ill stick with my regular Impala/Malibu...
Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:48 pm

About that Crossfire

I took a Crossfire because it was just Mrs. DJLNDC and myself.
Did you initially reserve online , a (standard) convertible?

If so, did the switch to the Crossfire (a premium convertible) cost any extra?
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bk3day
Did you initially reserve online , a (standard) convertible?

If so, did the switch to the Crossfire (a premium convertible) cost any extra?
Crossfire was in the standard convertible section. No extra charge. I used credits and made my reservation online. Daily charge listed on receipt was $107.99. Although I only paid $13 for the tax. Pretty good deal and the reason I take the credits and save them for these types of rentals.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:17 pm

Crossfire was in the standard convertible section. .
thanks for the info.

interesting, 'cause when I rented out of PBI the Crossfire was not with the standard covertibles.

It was definately in a separate section. However, I'm not sure whch section exactly since I had upgraded at the counter to a specific Crossfire and taken directly to that space #.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:26 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
I used credits and made my reservation online. Daily charge listed on receipt was $107.99. Although I only paid $13 for the tax. Pretty good deal and the reason I take the credits and save them for these types of rentals.
So as an Exec Elite I can make a reservation for a convertible at no extra charge? Sorry, although I have tons and tons of credits from National I rarely have time to use them.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by EdV
So as an Exec Elite I can make a reservation for a convertible at no extra charge? Sorry, although I have tons and tons of credits from National I rarely have time to use them.
Even as a regular Executive, I'm able to reserve the Premium Convertible using my rental credit with a small (I believe $7.00 upgrade charge).
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:58 am
EdV

Originally Posted by peteropny
Even as a regular Executive, I'm able to reserve the Premium Convertible using my rental credit with a small (I believe $7.00 upgrade charge).
So when I make my reservation using credits do I just change the car type to a Premium or is there a Convertible?

Thx for the help. It's funny that I rent so much for work but I'm still such a newbie at this.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:42 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by EdV
So when I make my reservation using credits do I just change the car type to a Premium or is there a Convertible?

Thx for the help. It's funny that I rent so much for work but I'm still such a newbie at this.
Convertible and Premium Convertible are two different categories. You need to use the drop-down menu for the type rather than the pictured types.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 9:59 am
EdV

Originally Posted by peteropny
Convertible and Premium Convertible are two different categories. You need to use the drop-down menu for the type rather than the pictured types.
Ahh, okay that makes sense now. I'll give it a try. Thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.