Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Oh I've always been partial to the Toyota brand but that Tundra, man-o-man is that ever a Sweet Truck! Love it! Power with a capital T. Love the storage, love the console, love the comfort, the ride...
Now if the Tacoma only had an aux imput it would be nearly perfect as a midsize truck!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Pssst...wanna know a secret?

Ok it isn't a secret really and it won't be on the EA but I got word today we have some Dodge Challengers on the way!

I don't know how they will be equipped yet. I don't look for them to be all dolled up. But who knows.

I'll let you all know when they get here. My sources say before the end of the month...but at least by the first part of December.

It will be something you'll need to upgrade to at the counter Gang. Rates on them won't be set til they come in.

Just thought I'd let you know they were coming in!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
That's awesome! So in all likeliness they'll be part of the Red Hot Fleet? Is that what you meant when we have to upgrade to them?

If that's the case I hope they at least are an R/T model. It'd be annoying if they made a big hoop-la about the 2.7 litre which really could just pass as a Standard-size car
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
If that's the case I hope they at least are an R/T model. It'd be annoying if they made a big hoop-la about the 2.7 litre which really could just pass as a Standard-size car
There is no 2.7L Challenger. My bet is 3.5L V-6 base models - imagine rear tire wear on anything with a Hemi.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Like I said...I have NO idea what version is coming...won't know til it hits the "doorstep" so-to-speak.

As the high-end ones are hard to get a-hold of I don't imagine those will be the ones we get.

They will most probably be a specialty Red-Hot vehicle you can't reserve in advance and will need to inquire about upon arrival.

But I'll let you all know when they get here!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There is no 2.7L Challenger. My bet is 3.5L V-6 base models - imagine rear tire wear on anything with a Hemi.
Whoops, you're right. The 2.7 litre is the base Charger engine here in Canada. I presumed it would be the base engine on the Challenger as well.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
10/19 ~ 1PM

Emerald Aisle:
ALL (8) Chevrolet HHR's

Executive Aisle:

(2) Chevrolet Malibu
(3) Chevrolet Impala
(2) Mitsubishi Galant
(4) Dodge Charger
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
sweet

This is a pretty cool forum you've all got going on here... I get into PHX on the 27th at about 12am. Any idea what might be on the EE? I'm sure Pam's not working that late But it's really cool to see her on here giving us all the inside scoop!

Aaron
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:59 am

My Jan. reservation rate changed by $12 - looks like the Customer Facility Charge went up to $6/day plus a few other surcharge adjustments brings the taxes on a week's rental for mid-size to >$95.00.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ambrummer
This is a pretty cool forum you've all got going on here... I get into PHX on the 27th at about 12am. Any idea what might be on the EE? I'm sure Pam's not working that late But it's really cool to see her on here giving us all the inside scoop!

Aaron
Nope I won't be there that late...I'm not even in the state right now. LOL But the pickin's shouldn't be too bad as its not like there's big crowds at that time of day!
There should be plenty of Full Size to choose from and who knows maybe a "treat" or two.
Thanks for the compliment. I try to do my best to keep everyone informed.
Some of the Challengers have arrived...I'm not sure where they have them as they have arrived in my absence...so ask where you might find them.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Train
My Jan. reservation rate changed by $12 - looks like the Customer Facility Charge went up to $6/day plus a few other surcharge adjustments brings the taxes on a week's rental for mid-size to >$95.00.
Facility fee goes up Jan 1... Nice place we "live in" and the cost to maintain it for all of you has been increased.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
12/27 @ 6:30 pm

Flight got cancelled so I ended up a day later than expected.

Emerald Aisle Executive:
Lots of Sebrings (4 or 5)
HHR (1)
350Z(2) - what I really wanted... but only a 2 seater and wifey was the voice of reason since we have family down here with us... :-(
Malibu (1) - what I ended up with
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:11 am

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Latest Executive Aisle Luxury Selection

Pam,

What can I expect this first week of the year in terms of Luxury Vehicles in the Executive Aisle here in PHX?

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:04 am
Suspended

Well...DTS, CTS, M-37...should be in the selection...as they come in and go out, wash replace wash replace. The Lux Section is busy right now so the pickings won't be huge right now...you've picked a popular class.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 8:24 am

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Originally Posted by Paminaz
Well...DTS, CTS, M-37...should be in the selection...as they come in and go out, wash replace wash replace. The Lux Section is busy right now so the pickings won't be huge right now...you've picked a popular class.

Pam,
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the PHX location pretty well only has GM vehicles in the Luxury fleet? I am not a GM fan and was hoping to have a few more foreign (Lexus or Infiniti) vehicles to choose from.

Has PHX ever had non GM Luxury vehicles in its fleet?

Also, what is a M-37?

Thanks Pam!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.