Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Still, it was a very nice way to qualify for Emerald Executive Elite!
Welcome to Exec Elite! It's a wonderful world up here
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest RR, AA
Picking up a gigantic van from you on Saturday!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by savedsol
Picking up a gigantic van from you on Saturday!
Would that be one of our 15 passenger "party barges?"

Oh...let me answer a couple of commonly answered questions. No you can't remove the back seat and no we don't do it for you either. Safety issue. If it's repeatedly removed then it can't be secured tightly in place.
Imagine having to hit the brakes quickly and the seat comes loose and...
I think you get the picture.
I don't work on Saturdays but have a great time while you are here! It's been cool for here but I think we'll be back in the 80's come the weekend! Hooray!
If you need to add drivers, be sure to stop by the counter first before you head downstairs to pick up your van.
If you are an Emerald Club member and you don't need to add drivers you may proceed to level two and check in with the greeters and they will let you know where the vans are located.
Enjoy and thanks for using National!
Pam
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:35 am

I got a car from National at PHX back in March. I had an SUV rental but the SUV lot was loaded with brand new F150 Crew Cab pickups. They even had the upgraded V8 engine. It was awesome! Any chance of getting one of those pickup again when I go back out there next month? I got spoiled...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Phillies
I got a car from National at PHX back in March. I had an SUV rental but the SUV lot was loaded with brand new F150 Crew Cab pickups. They even had the upgraded V8 engine. It was awesome! Any chance of getting one of those pickup again when I go back out there next month? I got spoiled...

One thing to watch out with this.. if you're using your CC for insurance, I've seen several policies (2 on my cards) that specifically state that pickup trucks aren't covered.

Ron.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Paminaz
Would that be one of our 15 passenger "party barges?"

If you are an Emerald Club member and you don't need to add drivers you may proceed to level two and check in with the greeters and they will let you know where the vans are located.
So do you actually have a section labelled for those vans? The Emerald Reserve locations I've seen don't even have their SUV classes labelled. You just find anything from a Kia Sportage to a Jeep Commander parked under an "SUV" sign. Mind you I am referring to Canadian Emerald Reserve locations...we don't quite seem to get it right, eh
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Phillies
If you want a Truck...book a Truck!...not an SUV!

The other poster was correct...I have the CC Coverage worksheet. CC's don't cover Trucks. Call your insurance provider and make sure your personal insurance covers them. If not, consider buying the LDW/CDW. The best surprise is no surprise.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
So do you actually have a section labelled for those vans? The Emerald Reserve locations I've seen don't even have their SUV classes labelled. You just find anything from a Kia Sportage to a Jeep Commander parked under an "SUV" sign. Mind you I am referring to Canadian Emerald Reserve locations...we don't quite seem to get it right, eh
Mid SUV's Standard SUV's, Full Size SUV's, Lux SUV's, Premium SUV's...section for all...at least we do. Maybe not everywhere. Those aren't going to be in the Emerald Section as those aren't guaranteed for Emerald Bookings. If you book them, they will show you to where they are on the lot.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:56 am

The other poster was correct...I have the CC Coverage worksheet. CC's don't cover Trucks. Call your insurance provider and make sure your personal insurance covers them. If not, consider buying the LDW/CDW. The best surprise is no surprise.
Wow! Didn't know that the CC wouldn't cover a truck rental. Well, at least now I know.....
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:39 pm

Mid SUV's Standard SUV's, Full Size SUV's, Lux SUV's, Premium SUV's...section for all...at least we do. Maybe not everywhere. Those aren't going to be in the Emerald Section as those aren't guaranteed for Emerald Bookings. If you book them, they will show you to where they are on the lot.
Oh of course, I wasn't expecting one with just a little old EA booking. Nice to see your station is quite organized!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:31 am

The truck rentals are WAY too much money. So unless there is one in the EA, EES or SUV lot again I won't be getting one. But now that I know my CC won't cover a truck, I probably won't get one anyway. Unless my regular car insurance somehow covers it....
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:03 pm
Suspended

The price of the trucks fluxuates all the time, just like all vehicles. It just depends on what's going on in town and how many are available. Sometimes the same as a Premium car, sometimes the same as a Standard SUV.
Sometimes you just need a Truck and not everyone carries them.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:17 pm

Is it common to see trucks in the EA, ES, or SUV lot? Or maybe that was just a fluke. But I was surprised to see how many different kinds of trucks at PHX. I guess truck rentals must have a demand out there in the desert....
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Luck of the draw...

In the past they have always ordered a decent amount of trucks for us here in Phx. I think that was due to our client base here. Lots of students moving in and out at the various universities, copper mines...guys like trucks, camping in the mountains...they like trucks, hunters, many companies have their world headquarters here in the valley of the sun and I do see more men travelers than women...guys just like their trucks...but boy the women like them too. Oh and the horse shows here. The big one in February - the Arabian Horse show...ppl come from all over the world for that one, they like trucks.
But they are all full crew cab vehicles and have bed liners. Most are loaded up pretty well with the bells and whistles. Full size and the midsize kind. My favs have been the Tundra and the Tacoma.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:12 pm

My favs have been the Tundra and the Tacoma.
You make me proud Pam! (I've worked for Toyota for about 5 years now ) Both are great products. I took a Tundra on a 600 mile trip this summer. It was the big 5.7 litre 4x4 and yet even going 75 mph I still averaged 20 mpg.

Tacoma's nice too, though the 4-cyl is a bit of a dog. V-6 has plenty of pep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.