Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 9:56 pm
Suspended

In PHX this coming week is NASCAR WEEK!!! Rates will be high and cars tight if available at all. Same thing every year...November and April.

It's wild and crazy. Welcome to my world! LOL

P.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
At PHX Exec Select today:

many Malibus, some quite new (temp tags) but all apparently 4-cyl
many Impalas
some Dodge Chargers
one Toyota Avalon
one Chrysler Town & Country minivan
one Chrysler 300
one Mitsubishi Galant sedan

I really should have made the effort to scope out Premium, but I was in a hurry to join rush hour traffic.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:20 pm
Suspended

You mean you were in Phx today and didn't come by and say Hello?

S'ok...LOL They had me working on the Yellow and Blue side today!

When I was downstairs today I saw two convertibles, some SUV's, a few premiums, several full size and four minivans on the Exec Aisle today. The converts would have been a fun choice. Weather is perfect!

Don't work too hard.

P
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Paminaz
You mean you were in Phx today and didn't come by and say Hello?
But how would we know you, and wouldn't the endless stream of FTers looking to get Pontiac G8 GTs and Infiniti M35s at midsize rates sidetrack your career?

I'm going to have downshift nightmares for days but the Malibu delivered 32mpg (actual) in brisk canyon driving.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
At PHX Exec Select today:

many Malibus, some quite new (temp tags) but all apparently 4-cyl
many Impalas
some Dodge Chargers
one Toyota Avalon
one Chrysler Town & Country minivan
one Chrysler 300
one Mitsubishi Galant sedan

I really should have made the effort to scope out Premium, but I was in a hurry to join rush hour traffic.
I can't believe the Avalon and 300 are in the ES aisle! They're all premium class vehicles at DCA.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:30 pm
Suspended

They are Premiums here too....those were those "Surprises" and "Gifts" I keep mentioning from time to time. Those aren't the NORM!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
But how would we know you, and wouldn't the endless stream of FTers looking to get Pontiac G8 GTs and Infiniti M35s at midsize rates sidetrack your career?

I'm going to have downshift nightmares for days but the Malibu delivered 32mpg (actual) in brisk canyon driving.
All I have to say is WOW ^, I can't believe you got that kinda mileage in the Malibu! Kewl for you! That is at the top end of what GM says it will get Hwy. I'm impressed.

Oh and how would you know me? I'm the only PAM on staff! Tho some days I'm dressed in Green and some days I'm in Yellow. We all work both sides of the fence at the counter.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
And if he'd gotten the G8 GT of his dreams he'd have gotten 32 metres per gallon
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I can't believe the Avalon and 300 are in the ES aisle! They're all premium class vehicles at DCA.
When there have been 300s in the ES section (at PHX), I have found them hard up against the building to the left-most side of the ES aisle. As the ES rarely seems to have Trailblazers, the 300 is the first car I look for since I will eventually have several coworkers and clients with me at some point during the week.

The convertibles would be nice if there on vacation, but for work it's not a good idea. One of my subcontractors rents from Hertz nearly every week, and got upgraded about a month ago to a Shelby. Everybody gave him a load of hassle for that.

Last edited by ElmhurstNick; Nov 1, 2008 at 9:08 pm Reason: better grammar
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
When there have been 300s in the ES section, I have found them hard up against the building to the left-most side of the ES aisle. As the ES rarely seems to have Trailblazers, the 300 is the first car I look for since I will eventually have several coworkers and clients with me at some point during the week.
Are you referring to DCA or PHX? I have never ever seen a car better than the Impala SS in the ES aisle at DCA, no matter what time I go.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you referring to DCA or PHX? I have never ever seen a car better than the Impala SS in the ES aisle at DCA, no matter what time I go.
PHX. The one time I rented from DCA (I usually just use the Metro and cabs), I was lucky to get something as large as a Jeep Liberty!
Old Nov 1, 2008, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
PHX. The one time I rented from DCA (I usually just use the Metro and cabs), I was lucky to get something as large as a Jeep Liberty!
We need to clone Pam and bring her to DCA!
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
And one for me to cart around to various Canadian locations!

On that note, make sure to clone a coat for her too...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Hey...I stay where it's WARM gang...I moved to PHX for a reason...LOL. No scooping snow, no dodging tornados, no humidity, no winter coats!
I appreciate the thought though...and the coat!

By the way...Nice to meet ElmhurstNick the other day! He came by to say Hello! Always nice to meet FTers!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paminaz
By the way...Nice to meet ElmhurstNick the other day! He came by to say Hello! Always nice to meet FTers!
Yes, it was very nice to meet Pam, and she is as sweet in person as she is here! ^^

Those of you going to ES, keep your eyes open for a royal blue Dodge Charger SXT with a 3.5 liter engine and Sirius. I had the good fortune of being the first renter of it, for the last four days. It is one of the few rentals I've ever driven that had more leg room than I needed, and the head room was more than acceptable.

The only drawbacks of it were:
- No leather seats, just cloth
- Sirius only had two R&B stations, but something like five awful hip-hop stations
- Like the 300s, terrible blind spots for somebody like me who has the seat back and tilted. Looking over your left shoulder is especially bad, as is the blind spot front-right (think pedestrians) caused by the large rear-view mirror.

Still, it was a very nice way to qualify for Emerald Executive Elite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.