Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:23 am

Returning to the topic, Executive aisle was one of best selections I’ve seen anywhere on 9/5 around 5pm. Multiple XTS, Tahoe’s, QX60, Audi A3, all kinds of 7 pax SUVs, minivans, Maximas, pickups.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by slariz
Returning to the topic, Executive aisle was one of best selections I’ve seen anywhere on 9/5 around 5pm. Multiple XTS, Tahoe’s, QX60, Audi A3, all kinds of 7 pax SUVs, minivans, Maximas, pickups.
Thanks, I did feel I was wandering it

Nice to see some Audi's in the Executive Aisle. I haven't seen any in my other travels.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Very nice!

I got an XTS a couple weeks back, breaking a long spell of poor choices.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:30 am

Was back on 9/6 around noon - another great example of how all Executive Aisles should be. Multiple QX80's, XTS, Tahoes, Maximas, etc. Lots of options for large SUVs, Minivans and sedans. Even had a fully loaded XC90 lurking in the back - make sure to check those farther aisles!
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and 2Labs like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Emerald Aisle
Was back on 9/6 around noon - another great example of how all Executive Aisles should be. Multiple QX80's, XTS, Tahoes, Maximas, etc. Lots of options for large SUVs, Minivans and sedans. Even had a fully loaded XC90 lurking in the back - make sure to check those farther aisles!
By any chance did you see any sports cars or Jeeps in the lot?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Anton Kallungal
By any chance did you see any sports cars or Jeeps in the lot?
I didn't notice any of either type.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:33 am

I made two reservations here, one for a full size car and one for a standard size. Midsize wasn’t an option (it was over Priceline) and I was wondering if anyone knows if the standard reservation will qualify for emerald aisle? I’m EE. It’s only a $20 difference so if the standard doesn’t get access to EA I’ll keep the full size but if it does then why not save $20 right? Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What a difference a week makes. Last weekend, Executive Aisle selection was pathetic. Malibus, Kias, Altimas, etc.

This afternoon (Saturday) it was like Santa Claus had paid a visit. A whole bunch of new BMWs and Audis. Also saw a Volvo and a a Caddie. I took a BMW 330 with 825 miles, passing up the Audi Q5 and what looked like an A6 (gasp). As an Audi owner, I'm underwhelmed by the Bimmer, but really happy to have the opportunity for a comparison test
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:58 pm

Anyone been at PHX lately? I'm arriving there on Nov 6th, and have an Emerald Reservation for a Dodge Challenger. I am hoping that with the $2,000 weekly reservation cost, that a Challenger R/T will be put aside. Has anyone seen any Challenger R/T's at this location lately ... I'm not really interested in using 6 Free day coupons for a base 6 cylinder Challenger.

I must say, I love the FREE day coupons since they can be used for anything. This $2,000+ reservation is ending up being $51 for the week :-)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by 2Labs
Anyone been at PHX lately? I'm arriving there on Nov 6th, and have an Emerald Reservation for a Dodge Challenger. I am hoping that with the $2,000 weekly reservation cost, that a Challenger R/T will be put aside. Has anyone seen any Challenger R/T's at this location lately ... I'm not really interested in using 6 Free day coupons for a base 6 cylinder Challenger.

I must say, I love the FREE day coupons since they can be used for anything. This $2,000+ reservation is ending up being $51 for the week :-)
So I was disappointed upon arriving at PHX on Wed night - just after 10pm. I Emerald Reserved a Sporty car, that shows a Dodge Challenger in the reservation. I was expecting this to be a Challenger R/T, yet upon arrival I learned that while an R/T was set aside, it was given to someone else not long before we arrived. I was offered a base Challenger from the Aisle in replacement. I wasn't happy about that option as what's the point of Emerald Reserve -- maybe I took too much trust that an Emerald Reserve car would be something of a higher level than a base car from the Aisle. Glad I wasn't paying dollars for this rental.

In the end I was offered a convertible, which I didn't necessarily want - so I took the baddest muscle car one they had, a 2019 Camaro SS Convertible. Yes it's a pretty sporty car, but just a bit of a let down for this trip we've been planning for months.

I know, 1st world problems ...
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by 2Labs

In the end I was offered a convertible, which I didn't necessarily want - so I took the baddest muscle car one they had, a 2019 Camaro SS Convertible. Yes it's a pretty sporty car, but just a bit of a let down for this trip we've been planning for months.

I know, 1st world problems ...
I'd take the Camaro over the Challenger any day. It's much more powerful and I just prefer the GM infotainment to Chrysler.

-J.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Delta Silver, United Silver
Has anyone seen any Grand Cherokees at PHX? I'm getting ready to buy a new car and am considering them, and want to rent one for a day or two. If yes... any Summits / Hemis?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'd take the Camaro over the Challenger any day. It's much more powerful and I just prefer the GM infotainment to Chrysler.

-J.
Agreed, the Camaro V8 is much more powerful than the Challenger V8. Despite the 5.7L displacement, the Challenger only makes 375hp compared to the Camaro SS at 455hp. Also the dynamics and handling of the Camaro is light year ahead of the Challenger.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by xienon
Agreed, the Camaro V8 is much more powerful than the Challenger V8. Despite the 5.7L displacement, the Challenger only makes 375hp compared to the Camaro SS at 455hp. Also the dynamics and handling of the Camaro is light year ahead of the Challenger.
Yes. Even in the convertible format, it's a much more fun car. 2Labs should be happy and enjoy their good fortune!

I rented a Mustang over the summer with a 2.3L turbo It was fun, but it was no V8.

-J.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by jnojr
Has anyone seen any Grand Cherokees at PHX? I'm getting ready to buy a new car and am considering them, and want to rent one for a day or two. If yes... any Summits / Hemis?
Haven't been to PHX in a couple years so can't say for sure but they are not as common as they use to be (may just be my timing) but they are out there. Either stripped down Laredo's or decently equipped Limited's all with the 3.6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.