Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAS Emerald Aisle - Nothing but Minivans

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

LAS Emerald Aisle - Nothing but Minivans

5/23 5 pm. Nothing but about 25 Minivans on the LAS Emerald Aisle; including Executive Elite selection. Lucky for me, I was traveling with the entire family on a Grand Canyon trip and was hoping the :-: National Fairy :-: would be kind to me and have at least one van waiting for me. Little did I know, that all the vehicles on the Aisle would be Minivans. My apologies to any of you that picked a car off the Aisle that day and had to endure the 'family truckster' while cruising the Vegas strip - i didn't know my powers were so strong!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
It seems quite common that LAS runs out of regular cars. Very often, SUV's are offered to me there. Minivans were the only thing available during my last visit on 5/21. But I asked if they had any convertibles coming out, and the guy working the lot called and requested one from the crew cleaning the recently returned cars. ^

I think that I'm done with convertibles there for a while again, though. It'll be too hot for them on my next trip. Now I'll just want a light-colored car, and I'll start bringing my own sunshade for the front window.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:30 pm

Has anybody picked up a car in LAS lately? I wouldn't mind knowing what's available these days.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:59 am

I had the Emerald Aisle reserved earlier this month for an 11 day res. Arrived at 11pm to find only a couple of minivans. Lot attendant said I could go over the Alamo side and pick anything. All that was there were Cobalts, Caravans, DTS's, and at least 20 VW Bettle convertibles. Luxury aisle was loaded, so grabbed a new DTS w/ 70 miles on it, which was perfect for the the 2000 mile road trip we took.

Went back to National the next day to add my buddy on as an additional driver and the fleet was back to normal, mostly G6's and Impalas.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by cbro
I had the Emerald Aisle reserved earlier this month for an 11 day res. Arrived at 11pm to find only a couple of minivans. Lot attendant said I could go over the Alamo side and pick anything. All that was there were Cobalts, Caravans, DTS's, and at least 20 VW Bettle convertibles. Luxury aisle was loaded, so grabbed a new DTS w/ 70 miles on it, which was perfect for the the 2000 mile road trip we took.
How did you grab a DTS from the luxury class aisle when you had a EA reservation? Or did they have the DTS in the Emerald Aisle?
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by gforce
How did you grab a DTS from the luxury class aisle when you had a EA reservation? Or did they have the DTS in the Emerald Aisle?
When I arrived the EA and Executive were empty, except for a couple of minivans. I found the lot attendant and he said to go the Alamo side of the lot and take anything. I asked if "anything" really meant "anything" and he said yes. As I was pulling up the exit gate I was thinking to myself that they might question it there, but they didn't and the DTS was mine to keep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.